• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CS6 / AVCHD / Spanned Clip Bug / What Cameras And Media Types Are Affected?

People's Champ ,
May 21, 2013 May 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This known bug in CS6 has been well documented regarding the potential symptoms, known issues and transcoding workarounds.

Audio and Video glitches | AVCHD footage

It would also be very helpful for CS6 users to be able to specifically identify the problematic cameras and/or media types in order to make informed decisions when purchasing a camera, or when receiving media files with the intent of editing in Premiere CS6.

If there is a definitive list of specific camera manufacturers / models, and/or media types that are affected by this bug, I have not been able to find it.

Of course this bug has been resolved in the June 17th release of the Creative Cloud Subscription update. It remains to be seen if the fix will be back-ported to CS6.

Thanks.

Cameras confirmed as not exhibiting the bug:

Panasonic GH2

Sony HDR SR-12

Cameras confirmed that do have the bug:

Canon Vixia HF G10

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Aug 14, 2013 Aug 14, 2013

The Premiere Pro CS6 (6.0.4) update fixes a bug with spanned AVCHD clips: http://bit.ly/DVA_updates

(BTW, a new After Effects CS6 update is coming soon.)

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 225 Replies 225
New Here ,
Jun 29, 2013 Jun 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am referring to the Adobe Media Browser in Premiere Pro.  I never use bridge.  I read on Adobe that AVCHD spanned clips should be imported via the media browser and not the Fil Import function directly into the media bin.  Regarding Fuzzy's request for a sample clip, I'll try to do that as soon as possible.  My clips are all to large right now for Google Docs.  I need to record a smaller clip.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines