Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CS6 H.264 Blu-ray 5.1 Dolby

Community Expert ,
May 09, 2012 May 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CS6

I don't seem to have the option of Dolby Digital 5.1 sound export from the H 264 Blu-ray preset.

I have not activated the Surcode plugin yet ( I'm waiting for the code email) but the Mpeg 2 dvd and Blu-ray give the 5.1 option.

Richard Knight

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 16, 2012 May 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! It fixed all my issues, great responce on this guys!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 07, 2012 Jun 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I decided to return to CS5.5. CS6 seems to be an work in progress. Seems to be a software that was not completed developed, and by the pressures of market place, was delivered in this way. I cant time to be converting my raw material to a format that Premiere Likes. My mainConcept Studio, works perfectely and like Surcode is perfect legal to encode in 5.1, and with better results . I know is very expensive, but worths the fortune it costs.

The lack of MPEG2 support is a shame, and ridiculous.

Maybe someday, in a Year or two, CS6 will be completed.

And still have the problem of not being able to install the suite of MainConcept in CS6.
The fortunes of Adobe is the ability to install via cloud services and users can pay just a little each month. So the malcontents like me who saw that is a bad release, and felt discouraged by this version´s many fails, the missing resources, without many skills with the many formats that were natively supported in 5.5, just drop back and return to the previous that worked well.
Thus, in this case Adobe gets rid of long process of justice, because for less than $ 100 no one will waste time suing Adobe.

The worst part of this back-to-the-past, story are the two working days reinstalling CS5.5, then the suites of MainConcept, Boris, Magic Bullet, Grid Iron, NewBlu, iZotope, and another third-party plugins I use. The good of this whole story is that the major flaw was that in the CS5.5 : The Limited Audition, but can now be overcome with the installation of Audition CS6, which brings back many great features of 3.0 that disappeared in CS5.5. Remember that the damn lack of support for MPEG video continues in Audition, but it supports MPEG4, WMV, MOV, which is enough to do a good job of post production sound.

In my opinion, the best we can do is one step back now to do two steps ahead in the future.

Leon Unger.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 08, 2012 Jun 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The lack of MPEG2 support is a shame, and ridiculous.

And also incorrect.  CS6, even in trial mode, has no issues with MPEG media.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 22, 2012 Dec 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In fact, we discover that the lack of MPEG2 support will be resolved in CS6, but AA CS6 still do not import, but PPro CS6, Encore, AE, will import with no problems , and even that infamous error when importing a project from 5.5 , or CS5 in CS6, he says that there are no importers to decode the content, resolves, it is clear that using external plugins like I use, (Boris, Magic Bullet, Mojo, etc.) must be also be installed on CS6, finally, the CS6 is now open smoothly projects with contents in MPEG2 normally as did the previous one.

The problem is that this solution costs about $ 1000 .... !! yes ... unfortunately ... This price is high as this way when purchasing all the modules that includes all exporters standards for digital cinema, as Motion JPEG and other formats used in Digital film.

To work without need this exporters, the amount paid is less.

The whole problem in this story is that WE HAVE TO BUY, AND PAY more money for a software package of plugins to do something that the old versions were already done .

I think it must have a trick with the Adobe for the behalf of MainConcept, to increase their sales.

For CS5 and 5.5 the version of this package is the MainConcept Suite 5.1 and the CS6 version changed its name to ROVI TOTALCODE V6.01.

Another benefit from ROVI TotalCode is the full support of CUDA hardware from NVIDIA. It can be used to import, play the timeline smootthy , better than Mercury Engine, and

can be use to export ( acceletated presets on Rovi´s Settings pane ) , that cut off substantial time in our work.

I hate to accept that this new purchace was the only solution we learn after months of researh , to get this solutions for us here. The most part of our material is in MPEG, SD or HD.

We here love MPEG !!!!

You guys can get more information on their website in www.mainconcept.com.

So with this solution , all tha way we are accostumated, returns. The PProCS6 goes directely to Encore, to generate our BluRays and DVD etc ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 23, 2012 Dec 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LeoSsom, it's hard to follow what you are saying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 23, 2012 Dec 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry . I know that i stated many informations, and i am a brazilian guy, so my english is far from prefection, sorry.

In a small quantity of words, i told that ROVI TotalCode, resolves import errors on PPro CS6 when we are importing CS5 projects, with MPEG material on it.

Also, resolves others MPEG2 Issues, but costs around 1000 when we opt for all software package. ( digital film specs ).

Rovi also uses the CUDA hardware from NVIDIA, ( IN PCs. MACS do not support for CUDA. MAC OS is a very poor OS ), for playback the time line , effects and exporting. You guys will get more info on their website a told before. With ROVI mny presets that had in CS5.5 are inside the settings pane from ROVI that appears when we enter in export ( CRTL-M ) mode from PPro. Is about that ...

I hate to admit to buy a pack of software to do things  that previus versions done without extra cost.

Maybe Adobe wants to help MainConcept to increase teir sales ....

Best regards, LeoSSom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 04, 2013 Jan 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In this context, I like to make sure that I understand the workflow correctly: To use the surcode plugin with 5.1 sound, I must export from Premiere via Media encoder using the legacy presets (that I only see, if I purchased a code because without I can't see these presets in Media Encoder). By doing so, I am losing the DynamicLink functionality with Encore (encoding everything together, getting chapter marks, etc.). So even with this plugin, I still don't have the 5.1 functionality that other software for 150€ offers (eg. PI-Studio). This is a little bit disappointing for all that money!

regards,

Claus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 04, 2013 Jan 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. The encoder inside premiere, after you install a very expensive licence from Minnetonka, is for export a final encoded movie. If you do this , you lost the dinamic link between PPro and Encore, because uou have to import on Encore the encoded movie, and regardless the format you use , the material will loost quality on each conversion, or encoding . The best is to use dinamic link. Encore do not plays ac3 files, becaouse it do not capable to use an ASIO audio board. Only asios  can plays AC3 or a 5.1 wav file. BUT u can inport an audio AC3 ( dolby 5.1 surround from surcode), that encoçre will not mess with this file. a flag dont trancode will remains in the project.

So i sugest the use of Audition CS6 to produce the audio, and export in a plain 48Khz, 32 bit 5.1 wav file , and use an external standalone Surcode Dolby DigitaL encoder, and the resultant udio in ac3 dolby you can add in your encore project . (Import as asset the AC3 file| add audio track in encore time line|In the menu add the both audio tracks). After the DVD is autored and burned,  you will have your project with 5.1 sound. Is more difficult, more work envolved, but is ok . Email me directely ( leossom@ungervideo.com) .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 05, 2013 Jan 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The best is to use dinamic link.

I disagree.  I think that's the worst method, with or without Dolby Digital.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 05, 2013 Jan 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I second that motion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 07, 2013 Jan 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think that's the worst method, with or without Dolby Digital.

What is the best method with or without Dolby Digital?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I find that Exporting the separate Streams (Audio & Video), and then Importing the Video into En as a Timeline, and the Audio as an Asset, works best. Then, from the Project Panel in En, just drag your Audio file to the appropriate Timeline, and it will snap into place.

Good luck,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what is the best method with or without Dolby Digital?

The best method is to export out a DI and use an external encoder for transcoding, one that uses the superior x264 library and has a CQ mode available.  I find that version 5 of Xvid4PSP has these features and produces BD compliant .m4v files that do not require transcoding in Encore.

The second best method is to use the H.264 Blu-ray presets in Premiere Pro and export BD compliant files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 15, 2013 Jan 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

meanwhile I purchased the plugin and must say, I regret it deeply due to the workflow. I am not a professional but I don't understand this 'Professional Workflow'.

Before, I used dynamic link and it worked so far, if I don't get an unexpected error in Premiere.

Now, first of all, I have to do bit budgeting what I find quite complicated, especially since I don't know how to calculate for multi page menus. After that, I have to set the bit rates within the h.264 setting and export it into media encoder. The export for the 2:13 h project takes 15 minutes!!! (PC: I7, Z77 mobo, 2 ssd, raid..) After 15 minutes waiting time, I can then try to open the settings and change the audio from 2.0 to 5.1. This takes at least another 15 Minutes. In total it makes more then 30 Minutes extra time! Why is this workflow that complicated and why can't I chose within PP h.264 and 5.1 sound, it is the same GUI. I cannot believe that this suppose to be professional.

Regards,

Claus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 15, 2013 Jan 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It should take only seconds to open AME with the sequence ready to export.  Something is definitely wring if it takes 15 minutes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 27, 2013 Jan 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree, it should take only a few seconds but it takes 15 minutes and my machine is quick. I opened meanwhile two cases that were immediately closed by adobe support. I called Adobe and a support person told me he would look into it and I would give feedback in 15 minutes. That was more than a week ago. Well done Adobe, again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 05, 2013 Feb 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I used the described workflow for H.264 and 5.1 now the second time. I only did minor changes of fine tuning in PP and exported it directly out of AME with a calculated bitrate of 23,57 and a maximum bit rate of 30.

Now I am getting in Encore the fatal error "video buffer underflow", code 6. At the beginning I thought it might be the multi page menu but even with a clean Encore project that has only the m4v and ac3 file - and no menus at all - produces the same error during rendering into a folder.

Any idea?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 06, 2013 Feb 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any idea?

Encore errors are probably best asked about in the Encore forum.

http://forums.adobe.com/community/encore

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 14, 2013 Feb 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At Tim Kurkoski,

I took your workflow and purchased the surcode plugin as I wrote before. Now I must experience in Encore when I want to create the Blu-Ray with 5.1 that Encore can only work with one file in a footage. As soon as I ad another file Encore makes DD 2.0 out of my 5.1: http://forums.creativecow.net/thread/145/865570

I had to use more files/projects within Encore, because the longer the PremiereProject the more often I get the unknown Error while exporting, and I get this error so often!

Giving this, I can't belief that any workaround I try with adobe to reach the output that other much less expensive products do as a standard, I am running into a dead end! Is there another workaround, or is this the final end of 5.1?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hummm...

I made this action here , with no problem when add another audio in AC3 5.1 on encore time line .

Seems that your Encore is trying to transcode this audio you add. When you add an 5.1 audio, make sure tha the status is "dont transcode", in order to EN do not mess with the audio file . like i said in another post.

Best regards,

Leossom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes Encore is encoding the 5.1 files although is says, it would not (for all ac3 files the settings are don't encode).

The problem comes up with more than one 5.1 audio on the same audio track because obviously Encore is not able to join them like a dos command can do, poor and sad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem comes up with more than one 5.1 audio on the same audio track because obviously Encore is not able to join them like a dos command can do, poor and sad.

I am not quite sure what you are referring to here. Do you mean that you have several Audio Tracks (all DD 5.1 SS, but different versions) for each Encore Timeline, or something else?

It is usually not advised to gang several Video & Audio Clips onto a single Timeline, as problems can result, if that is what you mean.

Good luck,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YES. I do this action . but a stereo audio plus ONE DD5.1.

Bill Hunt said a very rigth thing. If you want  more than one DD5.1 aidio . use multiple Timelines with the same video and diferent audios.

Eg.: English 5.1

another for French 5.1

another fot Portuguese 5.1.  In the main menu, you will have a dedicated Play Button for each one , or use the other method tha is audio selection, but i do not know how to set up this way.

Encore is smart enough to do this without repeat internally in the DVD the video file.

It reuse the video file in multiple timelines. The increase in size is only because the different audio files .

The other option is use Convert X do DVD, that supports 8 audio filies i think and up to 23 or 24 subtitles. for each video. But here led to the firsts discussions here about workflow. the quality will drop becouse anither reconvertion.

The tip from Bill is the rigth decision.

Best Regards,

LeoSSom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the reply.

Because of the unknown errors while rendering longer project in Premiere as well as the long time to open and closing these projects, I split tem up into smaller ones. I also find in to be an advantage, if I find out that I have to do minor change and to not have to render the whole project again. But the main reasons is the unknown error while render......

As consequence, I have more files (DD 5.1) behind each other on the timeline.

I also tried to work with multiple timelines. But then, I cannot navigate within the finished blu ray from one timeline back to the first without going via the menu which is no solution for 'normal' users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 06, 2013 Feb 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, "professional workflow" means finalizing a project , with low effort, in the max quality as possible, attending all specs , in the less time as possible, because the number of projects waiting in a line to be done and clients asking for them in between .... ah ah ah ... This is heavy !!!

So if you can do this with only one  software this will be the perfect solution .

But the actual demands from clients, involving audio and video quality,  in my opinion, is too difficult to get it all with only one or two software .

The "professional workflow" It's like a main guideline that you follow without leaving it.
Our workflow here is not considered the most professional of all, because of the number of software involved, and because we use two guidelines , but the final result it is, mainly because we share same timeline of PPro in EN without additional conversions.
Just for audio, we leave this main guideline, go into another. At another, we produce the audio in AA6, export in Stereo AND  5.1 wave 64, 48Khz .

After that the audio is encoded in dolby digital with SurCode standalone.

Returning to the main guideline, all audio is joining in the Encore project.
That's the way we do around here. Was the most fit within our reality.
In my opinion it varies greatly from person to person and the type of production.

Our method is more time consuming and takes a little more work, but the resulting product is very goodk, even in DVD.

As I said varies widely among people.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines