• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Ctrl double click on Multi-cam sequences stopped working after 12.1 update

Explorer ,
Apr 04, 2018 Apr 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As the title says Ctrl double click on Multi-cam sequences to have them open in a timeline (so you can edit clips/audio/assets inside a multi-cam) seems to have stopped working after 12.1 update, Downgrading back to 12.01 everything is fine. Not sure if this is a bug of a new 'Feature' Is anyone else having this issue? Is there another way to crack open Multi-cam sequences (or merged clips) that ins't Ctrl Double Click?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jerkwithacamera,

Sorry to hear about this!

What kind of a computer do you have? Which OS?

I don't see this behavior on my Windows 10 machine. It's working as expected.

Do you see this with projects created in Premiere Pro CC 12.1 or projects converted from older versions?

Let us know.

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same issue on Mac Sierra. Only option so far is to right click and select from the pop up menu "open in timeline". I suppose you can map it to the keyboard, but liked it before. Opposite issue with opening a sequence in the source window.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 05, 2018 Apr 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am seeing it on My Mac (high Sierra) at work and My PC (Windows 10) at home    For the multiCam sequences as well as merged clips Command(on mac) or Control (on PC) double click just opens them in the source monitor. Nested Sequences however are working as expected. Thanks for the work around Suggestion @jeffk48977121 although that only works for Multicam not merged clips? Is there another way to open Merged Clips that isn't cmd/ctrl Double Click? !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 06, 2018 Apr 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a (project panel) keyboard shortcut assigned to "open in timeline" which still works great.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 11, 2018 Apr 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Are you seeing this behavior across all your projects, including the ones created on Premiere Pro 12.1?

Let us know.

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 16, 2018 Apr 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry This isn't notifying me of new responses so this is a late reply. Yes any project file whether upgraded from a previous version of Premiere or made new and importing the files into a fresh project on any of my computers (PC windows 10, Imac Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017 with High Sierra, Imac 2015's with Sierra as well as a Macbook 2015 with El Capitan) I have stepped back to the previous version on almost all of my computers now except the 2017 Imac so if you have something to test I can do that!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 19, 2018 Apr 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also noticing that Multicam editing is pretty flaky in general. I am choosing the camera as it plays like normal and it is making cuts but it isn't changing the cameras. it is adding cuts but retaining the camera angle of the last choice. as you can see by all the through edits. Also seeing this on both Mac & PC's that are updated to the latest version but it all works fine on the the previous version.

Screenshot 2018-04-19 14.50.31.png

Last thing i am noticing is that when using multicam edits that the shortcut Up & Down Or Q & W are not working after I do multicam edits (playing the video and hitting 123 etc) until I click away from the timeline panel and then back into it.

I have downgraded on all my computers but i have a couple projects that are in the new version that I am trying to finish before I can downgrade them all. any insight on when these might get fixed or if there is a way to downgrade a project so it can be opened in a previous version?

RameezKhan​

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok and another thing I am noticing is when using the Q or W shortcuts the playhead doesn't jump back to the cut like it is supposed to it stays at its original location. and I have to click out of the timeline and back in to be able to up/down arrow to the cut : (

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I actually made a video because It is flaky all over and kind of hard to understand.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 20, 2018 Apr 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update! After this morning's Premiere update The Cmd/ctrl double clicking is still not working

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 24, 2018 Apr 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 25, 2018 Apr 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have one huge project that we are working on and there is way to much work done in it to scrap and downgrade back to the previous premiere version while they figure it out. But man these bugs and general flakiness is making it super hard to finish this project.

Here is hoping that they squash these bugs soon. because we used Multicam or Merged clips in nearly everything we do!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jun 13, 2018 Jun 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why oh Why adobe would you take features away? The Cmd Double click was so much easier than the right click menu. Has this been acknowledged as a bug yet?

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 01, 2018 May 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

New bug found

as near as i can tell this is only happening with multi camera sequences as normal ones seem to render out just fine (although it s 50/50 chance that they will render the Lumetri colour out with it but that is a different matter) just Multicamera Sequences are where it seems that all our bugs in the version are found. Again same computer specs as above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 11, 2018 May 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

It is not recommended to update complex projects from one major version to the next, especially those with multicam sequences in them or anomalies such as this can occur.

I would stay on the previous version until the project is complete. I hope that is OK.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 12, 2018 May 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Kevin for those oh so helpful words... but as it was said above this wasn't an upgraded project this was started from scratch the day after the April update. And Trust me I can not wait until it is done so I can downgrade premiere back to the pre April Version. We are at a stage though where all of our editing systems are Pre-April update except this one computer is here now essentially for this single project, as we don't want to start anything new on that build of Premiere $5000 machine out of commission for anything other then one single project, which I might add is taking 3 times as long as we find work around's for all the bugs that we have found. So other then wait a while, did you have any helpful advice on how to downgrade a project? We tried exporting an EDL and importing that in an older pre-April Version of Premiere but all of our custom transitions and effects didn't transfer, and the multi-camera edits also came out pretty randomly selected on the other end. Is there an update on the horizon that may address these issues? or do we just suck it up and wait?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 25, 2018 May 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Sorry about this. I don't have any solid answers for your case, however, have you filed a bug yet here? Premiere Pro: Hot (1090 ideas) – Adobe video & audio apps

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 22, 2018 May 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This problem is not fixed and this is not the correct answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 25, 2018 May 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very well, I unmarked it as correct for this case. That said, there is the potential of corrupting your project when updating them across major versions. Let us know your specific issue in a new post or contact our agents.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 28, 2018 Sep 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well here we are a full 5 months later and a few updates later and many many chats with support and at least three bug tickets and Yes they have fixed half the issue. You can CMD Double Click on a multicam sequence and it will open it up but the CMD Double click on a Merged Clip is still not working. The rub here is you can't right click on the merged sequence and open in timeline like Multicam's meaning there is now no way to open up and tweak a mergeds clip like before..... Has anyone found a work around?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines