• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

default export source range settings

New Here ,
Apr 30, 2019 Apr 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I export media, my default source range was always "sequence in/out" but for some reason it is now "work area." Of course I can change it before exporting but I often forget and export my whole timeline when I don't want to and then have to waste time re-exporting. How do I make it so the default is "sequence in/out" again?

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 30, 2019 Apr 30, 2019

You could go back to the Timeline panel, click on the hamburger/wing menu (in tab, to the right of Sequence name) and uncheck Work Area Bar. This will disable Work Area and Export should then default to Sequence In/Out.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could go back to the Timeline panel, click on the hamburger/wing menu (in tab, to the right of Sequence name) and uncheck Work Area Bar. This will disable Work Area and Export should then default to Sequence In/Out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 27, 2019 Nov 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You just saved my day 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 03, 2020 Jul 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OMG - this saves tons of time. Thank you! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 13, 2022 Apr 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But I like the Work Area Bar.  Why not make the default to Sequence In/Out as it used to be?  I think most people prefer this.  Thank you 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 08, 2023 Jun 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much!! This issue suddenly popped up and was driving me bonkers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2020 Jan 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not know how to "click on hamburger/wing menu (in tab, to teh right of Sequence name)". Can you guide me through this? Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 14, 2020 Jan 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

afbeelding.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 28, 2022 Jan 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like this option is gone from the dropdown list in 22.0. Anyone know a new work around? I'm defaulting to Work Area when I export and it's driving me insane. Thanks1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 28, 2022 Jan 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry about that, Chloe! I just checked and found "Work Area Bar" in my hamburger menu AKA the panel menu. Just click where the "three lines" are, and you should find it. Ann's screenshot shows just what I am seeing. Feel free to embed your screenshot if you see something different, OK?

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 20, 2021 Jan 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, a top tip!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 14, 2021 Feb 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Big thanks Angelina!

Doug

Chicago

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 15, 2022 Sep 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the necro here - has anyone else seen this behavior change as of Sept 2022?  I'm on 22.6.2 (Build 2) and it's defaulting to Entire Sequence (I have Work Area bar turned off, FYI) and I have to put it back to Sequence In/Out every time I send a clip to Media Encoder (I'm batch encoding).  Has anyone found a way to set a default other than Entire Sequence, or at least to have it default to what you last set it to?

-h

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 07, 2022 Oct 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same as NoLens

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 09, 2022 Oct 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found that on that first screen that comes up when you go to export and before you choose send to Media encoder there is an option there to set it to sequence in/out and if doing that it does seem to remember it. 👍

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 23, 2023 May 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's right but you still have to change it every single time. Being able to set a default would be cool.

For excample something like: If the work area is visible > use it by default, if there is an In/Out > use this by default

I wouldn't be a big deal if we could change it in Media Encoder for all selected clips (like the other export settings).

At least when selecting multiple sequences in the bin/project panel, right click, "export media" (or shortcut) you can change it for all the selected sources and send it to Media Encoder. That's good.

But still, especially with the new shortcut for sending directly to Media Encoder without the need to go to the export panel in Premiere, it would be helpful to change the export/source area in batch there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jun 28, 2023 Jun 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this in 22.3 as of today... for MONTHS it's been defaulting to sequence in/out, now it changes itself to entire sequence every time.  For absolutely no reason it's changed from yesterday - I haven't even turned off my computer, it's just changed for no reason.  I genuinely despise Adobe. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 10, 2023 Aug 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing is happening to me. Is this a glitch?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 13, 2023 Dec 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup! Same issue. Really, really, really fun when you have to export +40 different elements for a commercial project with time pressures.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 21, 2024 Feb 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is still an issue. This is annoying beyond words.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 22, 2024 Feb 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @NextLevelBros,

Have you tried today's build (24.2)? See if it works for you.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 26, 2024 Feb 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Kevin, thanks for the heads up, but the update did not resolve the issue. After having a call with Adobe tech support, we narrowed it down to a project related issue, some projects have this issue, others do not. Why this happens or how to fix it once it does happen still remains a mystery though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines