• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Delete Caption Style in v23

Explorer ,
May 14, 2023 May 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well...I figured out how to create a Caption Style. Yea! Then realized I didn't set everything I wanted. Couldn't figure out how to Edit or Delete the style so I created another and saved it as the same name hoping it would overwrite it. Ha! Now I have two styles with the same name.

1. How to edit a caption style?

2. How to delete a caption style?

Note: I saw an older guidance about changing things in the Project Panel. But all I have showing in my Project Panel is my Current Project and Effects. I had closed all the other items and don't know how to reopen them. In case this is part of the solution. Thanks!

TOPICS
How to , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 15, 2023 May 15, 2023

Bodhi,

It is the same as before 23.4.

The "Project Panel" is the one with your project information in it (clips, sequences). The Effects are in the Effects Panel. Those 2 panels are grouped with several other panels. You can restore the ones you've closed by clicking on the Workspace icon and picking reset to saved layout.

But to deal with your styles, you only need the Project Panel. If you have created other folders (bins), they may be inside those.

If you don't see the problem, give u

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 15, 2023 May 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Bodhi,

It is the same as before 23.4.

The "Project Panel" is the one with your project information in it (clips, sequences). The Effects are in the Effects Panel. Those 2 panels are grouped with several other panels. You can restore the ones you've closed by clicking on the Workspace icon and picking reset to saved layout.

But to deal with your styles, you only need the Project Panel. If you have created other folders (bins), they may be inside those.

If you don't see the problem, give us a screenshot.

When you create 2 styles with the same name, there is no difference in the Project Panel. But they appear to be sorted in the EGP and the Project Panel by the order they were added.

To avoid accidentally deleting the wrong one, in the Project Panel, rename them. For example, if they are both called "Red Fill," Make the top one in the list Red Fill 1 and the second one Red Fill 2. You probably have Red Fill 2 (the one you created last) applied to your caption track. You can check this by selecting one of the captions and see in the Essential Graphics Panel which style is applied. In the Project panel, delete the style you don't want.

This post has additional information:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-discussions/premiere-pro-15-edit-rename-delete-captions-...

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines