Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Deleting Custom Sequence Presets

Explorer ,
Nov 30, 2017 Nov 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am wondering what would happen if you delete a custom preset that was made/used for a video that I created a long time ago. If I deleted the sequence preset, would all of the contents of the Premiere file for that video I made a long time ago completely disappear / become deleted as well? What would happen to that Premiere project and its contents that used the custom sequence preset? The reason I ask is because my custom sequence presets are becoming cluttered and there are a lot of them. I am hoping to delete  a few old ones I have in my list but fear that they will be stuck on this list forever since they are tied to a single, old video I made before (and would still like to have access to that old video's premiere file in case I want to re-use portions of it for future videos).

I hope I was clear explaining my question. Feel free to ask for further clarification.

Thank you all for your time.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can delete the custom presets without any consequences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting, well that's good to know.

Any details on what happens if I were to open that Adobe Premiere project with which its Sequence Presets were deleted? Would I be prompted to re-assign a new sequence preset to take the place of the deleted one? Or something along those lines. I am a bit too worried to test it out until I get confirmation on what could happen.

Thanks again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, it would just use the sequences with the settings as-is. The Presets are only used to make new sequences or alter a current one.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah I see. So even if I were to delete a sequence preset that was used in an older AP project, and then open that AP project, the sequence settings would still remain. That's great then, thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sure thing.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines