Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Deleting Markers From The Timeline

Guide ,
May 11, 2017 May 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Everyone.

I have a Clip, and I added bunch of Markers to that Clip. I can easily select one of the Markers from the Source Monition and go to Markers- Clear All Markers, and It works. how can I do that from the Actual Timeline. If I right-Click on my Timeline I don't see anything for Markers.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 11, 2017 May 11, 2017

You cannot delete markers from clips in the timeline, you have to do that from the Source Monitor

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right-click (Control click) on a sequence marker and from the drop down menu choose Clear All Markers (this will remove sequence markers)

Screen Shot 2017-05-11 at 12.47.33 PM.png

or are you asking something else?

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You cannot delete markers from clips in the timeline, you have to do that from the Source Monitor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I did not know that.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2 more ways to delete a clip marker:

use the add marker dialog box

1. set your CTI above the marker and click M (add marker)

2. click delete

*Note: definitely not the most precise way for this operation, and this won't work for extended markers:

it would just create another marker over it...

use the marker panel

1. highlight the marker

2. clear selected marker shortcut: Ctrl+Alt+M (Windows)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 15, 2020 Jul 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Adobe. Thanks, solved my problem.  But, respectfully, I'd rather not scour support forums to find this out (wastes time).   It's not intuitive to clear all markers from a panel where the markers don't appear.  Used to be able to do it from timeline ver 2017 - ok you can say I should have read the v2020 release notes, but who in the world is gonna read all the release notes, let alone remember some little thing about "clear all markers".  I used to  program software, and we programmed the best we could so that the user didn't have to scour user manuals to make it work (design intuitively).   I hope Adobe is not losing their touch :). My suggestion, don't always do things logically, remember the User Experience. Respectfully Sam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 15, 2020 Jul 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I stand corrected.  The markers are in the Source panel.  sorry Sam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Mar 07, 2021 Mar 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm probably crazy but I thought those were called in out points, whereas 'markers on timeline or clips are more like 'notes' about what to do later on ( like, 'adjust sky', adjust saturation, etc. ) 

??

this is becoming a tower of babel

😛

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Mar 10, 2021 Mar 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Dear David.

Thank you very much for the video

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines