• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

DEMOCRACY IN ACTION

Mentor ,
Sep 15, 2019 Sep 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can no longer see who posted messages or who replied last. Before Jive it was shown who posted last as response. Then Jive came along and it became just the poster's name. Now there's NO NAME... and that is true democracy. Just look at subject and first couple lines of text ... and choose if you wish to

1) find out what is going on in that thread or

2) reply and try to help.

I used to be able to see ( with sign in ) the number of threads I participated in and subsequent 'actity' of that thread. A little number appeared next to sign in name and when clicked it made a list of the threads so I could go through them and see if I had helped poster or some other user posted more helpful info.  Now I get NOTHING. No indication of what threads I participated in, and therefore no way to track those threads.

This is truly democracy in action !   It is no longer necessary or a positive influence to have any FAVORITES... no more tracking of threads based on personal ability to help in that area of expertise, no more lack of integrity between the 'popular' and the 'stupid' questions....

Every post is sublime and every thread should be immediately forgotten !

If you want to help, simply scroll down through stuff until something catches your eye, blurt out what you want ( with no screenshots or images to help) and then forget all about it and go on living a fully democrated and free life !  Yipeee !

This new forum is a disaster.

🙂

even my little smile doesn't turn into a smiley face like it used to.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The little bell next to you profile picture is a poor substitute for the Inbox.

But yes nested replies are a disaster.

Hope Adobe will fix that soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for reply Ann. I didn't even know that bell thing has any links ... it had a couple so I guess it works like the inbox without putting a number on it to alert me. you said moving to back room. what's the back room ? is that the lounge ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No changed my mind as you do not have acces to the Back Room.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK. thanks. It sounds a little scary, the back room... do people smoke and gamble and stuff like that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since I can't delete this...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK. thanks. It sounds a little scary, the back room... do people smoke and gamble and stuff like that?

It's an Adobe secret. We can't tell you.

funnygrin-1.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd like to focus on making the forum better because it's not as good as it was and the last change, before jive, lost a number of contributors. I like the people who help users who come here and would like it to be continued. A joke about back rooms is just that. a joke. It is your vision of 'access'. It's none of my business and I don't care. Let's just help users help users, or else this forum is useless.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

is like trying to explain a joke to someone who doesn't get it, cause it's a stupid joke, said off the cuff, like as if we were in the same room together. If I don't do a good job of explaining, I can be deleted ? " Since I can't delete it " ... ????? but I LOVE YOU ! I want you to succeed ! My heart is broken ... 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@rodneyb56060189

You misunderstood my post.

I double posted and was only able to edit the first post, not delete it. .  In this forum it is not possible for me to delete my unintended post as I could have in Jive.

I even reported my own post to moderation hoping that someone who had the permissions to delete it would do so.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ohhhh , I'm so sorry Peru. I totally messed up (interpreted wrongly ) and did injustice to you....please forgive me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the only good reason to have the nested replies are when Rodney replies to himself so often! 

(Just joking around Rodney!!) But I don't think the 'Democracy' comparison really works here.

This new forum is not very good. I was able to open the old forum and see immediately the latest replies and posts with a glance at the list. Not only can we not see that easily now, and with so many other posts about the deficiencies of the new forum, the wasted space on the screen is a big problem. Plus I liked having the two pages (pg 1 and 'view more') was sufficient to let me know what's happening. In particular I don't like the long, never ending pages...

Also, Nested replies are going to be often, cause unlike the old forum, there is not a <reply to original message> or main reply button on the bottom of the page, you only see the unboxed 'reply' at the end of each message, which creates the nested reply, and one would have to be aware of the need to scroll all the way back to the top, to get the main message "Reply" button. Bummer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yeah, MeyerP, the democracy thing is a stretch. like, if nobody has any control or say in what we have to work with, then everyone is equal. Doesn't make much sense.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 16, 2019 Sep 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

.please forgive me.

All is well.

icon_smile.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines