• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Disable Auto-LUT on Import of AMIRA log footage

Participant ,
Feb 11, 2018 Feb 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I really do not like that Premiere automatically applies a LUT when I import footage shot on AMIRA log. It makes for HUGE project files and long long saves, and really messes with my workflow.

I am aware that I can batch diable the master clips, and that there's a workaround to remove the master effects by applying a lumetri color preset to ALL of my clips. But both of these are extra steps, which shouldn't be necessary - BECAUSE I NEVER ASKED FOR A LUT TO BE APPLIED IN THE FIRST PLACE!!!

I NEED a way to automatically disable the automatic application of the LUT to every single clip.

Adobe, please stop forcing things on us (open multiple projects at once, anyone?). As a professional, I KNOW when I want a LUT applied, and definitely do not want my NLE making decisions for me!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 17, 2022 May 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yea, they just have to get this out to the general shipping version, the public beta supposedly handles this better for most format/codecs. So you could try making the proxies in the beta.

You can just then close the beta app. Open the shipping version, and your project will still work fine. But perhaps with like, working proxies ... ?!

And yea,  that this came out without the proxies working correctly ... wasn't a good move.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this exact same issue right now as well. It's baking in a LUT *only* when I create proxies. In my sequence, the footage is flat. But when it goes to encoder for transcoding, the LUT comes back on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Christopher.  I've tried but I don't think there's a workaround.  It's a bug.  I wouldn't invest any time in a solution, if I were you.  Either work with the ugly CC proxies or if your machine can handle the uncompressed, do that.  At least we can toggle off the proxies before exporting a cut to the client.  😂

Or try what R Neil suggested above.  For me, it's time to focus on cutting instead of solving Adobe's slopiness.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where could we find the public beta?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In your Creative Cloud desktop app ... where you get all apps.

Left side, in the Apps section, there's a tab down a ways for Beta apps. Click that, and you get the list of public betas.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately the problem still persists in the beta. I'm just going to stick with these ugly proxies until a fix comes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 18, 2022 May 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Following up on this:

Later in the day I updated to PP 22.4.0 (Build 57) and it seems like the problem went away. All proxies after were transcoding sans LUT.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 20, 2022 May 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this still working for you, and without any other issues in the software?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 20, 2022 May 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep. All proxies transcoded seamlessly and no issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 14, 2022 Jun 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't change the color space under "interpret footage" in Media Encoder, so you'll have to import the footage to Premiere, interpret footage as rec. 709 and then send it to Media Encoder. At least that's what worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines