• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Discuss the Premiere Pro 22.3 UI changes: Import, Export, and Header Bar

Explorer ,
Apr 13, 2022 Apr 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm struggling too, this UI update seems a step backwards requiring more clicks etc to do the same tasks... I also can't find options to do layouts that worked very well for certain tasks. Whats happened to the caption layout for instance?

If I wanted a Premiere rush like inetrface i'd use rush... This is professional workstation software why are you dumbing it down... Shades of Final cut 10...

TOPICS
User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , May 09, 2022 May 09, 2022

Hi Community,

Thank you for the comments, but the Premiere Pro team does not generally read feedback on these user-to-user forums (Discussions).

Regarding Export Mode: Please provide feedback to the Premiere Pro Team on this thread on the Ideas forum.

For the Header Bar: provide feedback here.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 515 Replies 515
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just had the new update and after trying it have rolled back.... the new export screen is dreadful. Hard to find settings I used to just click on. Presets for example had to dig through to find "Match source high bitrate".

The pop up screen was way easier to navigate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used to share your opinion, but I don't with the changes that have been made through the public beta process. See the comment by ah.photo on this. It's actually very useful when you take a moment to change things.

As you can unstar (un-favorite) any preset listed you do not use, and add by starring any one you want. This completely gets your complaint solved. Period.

And you only ever then see the presets you USE. Blissful ... as I didn't oft use the presets as-was.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 22, 2022 Apr 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree it all seems to take more clicks, id rather it was laid out as before

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you don't want to take a few minutes to setup the Presets so it gives you quick work with the new Export dialog ... simply hit the send to MediaEncoder button. The old-style export dialog is there.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 28, 2022 Apr 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thus creating an extra process on top of an extras click. The new Exporter is terrible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 16, 2022 Jun 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Totally agree - it opens up much more room for error exporting from the new UI - too many menus to open up and unclick - please roll back. Captions seem to export at will for example and sequence names are getting truncated between Premiere and Media encoder...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got the chance to see some of these in advance via the beta, but I really have to give kudos to the team - I genuinely like the new Import/Export modules - and I see a lot of potential - it's a good foundation for the future.

It will be a great day when the rest of the "Ingest Settings" (Create Proxies, Transcode) get added to the Import module. It's nice to see "Copy Media" there, but it still seems a bit beholden to the legacy system, as you can't even enable it unless you go into the old Ingest Settings and set it to Copy. When copy, proxies, transcode can all be toggleable from Import without the need to dig into other windows and project settings - that will be awesome. I've used the analogy to Lightroom before and this is starting to feel like that, which is awesome!

I dig the new Export module too. Being able to see all of my presets (and specifically, only my starred ones) across all file formats is probably the smallest QoL change ever of Premiere but still perhaps my favorite.

So yeah, nice job all round!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use the beta quite a while: still cannot get used to the new export settings.

These presets drive me up the wall. Too much clicking and scrolling.

I send it straight to AME and open the old fashioned export settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Honestly, the preset manager is my favorite part! Well... at least after I went into it and starred the ones I use and unstarred the default ones, because only the starred ones appear in the Preset dropdown afterwards.

I suppose if someone uses upwards of 20+ presets regularly, I could see how it could be annoying, but being able to just click the preset, rather than select the format + preset is something I personally enjoy. You can also do a search in the manager, so if you know what preset it's called, you can start typing and it should pop up.

Still, the Preset dropdown fits at least 10 presets comfortably without scrolling (at least for my display), and you could always save some preset configurations to the left bar too.

While it does require a bit of adapting, I genuinely think there's more potential here than before. Just my opinion though!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 15, 2022 Apr 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ah.photo,

Did not play much with import or export modules during Beta.

In Export, I select "More presets" and get to the "Preset Manager." There, I click "Show favorites only." That appears to be the method for showing only favorites inside the Preset Manager and also in selecting a preset under Settings. But if I deselect "Show favorities only" in the Present Manager and click OK (after doing something or doing nothing), the Settings -> Preset still shows only favorities. I can't really think of a reason to turn off "show favorites," but I can't imagine a setting like that with no option to change it. Am I missing something?

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree. I usually edit and create a couple of videos per day. I like the way it was. It worked. Now, I opened it up, and have to re-learn everything. I'm tryng to see if there is a way I can roll the update back. I would have never updated it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 14, 2022 Apr 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nooooooooooo why would you change something that is not broken! 

Completely ruined my export workflow mid-project, Thanks for that.

Gutted.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What use is this? -  it's now across a dual-screen and not in a separate window   

Maybe export should just open up Media Encoder. 

Lairyliam_0-1649926018377.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rule of thumb:

Never update mid-project

Sorry to hear this happend to u

Can you go back to the previous version?

Mo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It updated mid-project. 

I might roll back anyway, 
I hate the UI. it's useless. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Horrible export panel.

Why am I being shown H264 presets when I've selected Quicktime or MXF OP1a - I should only be shown the presets that are relevant for those containers!

I never use the built in H264 presets but they are also now baked into the list and cannot be removed! - Why?! 

This is a confusing update to say the least! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The upgrade does not seem all that great. The header bar looks like it wastes screen real estate. Perhaps it will be more stable than 22.2. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There will be no stability, and new functions will not be visible against the background of departures. This is important. It's time to make a stable and fast product

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

miked,

See this re the new header bar:

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/workspaces.html#header-bar

Look at the icon labelled "F" in the diagram - Workspaces. Click on that icon and pick "Show Tabs." This will help you see what is there. You can turn it off later. Pick "Edit Workspaces" to select which ones show.

Captions is there.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Stan, appreciate the help. I'm just a little frustrated as to why the change is necessary, especially mid version! I expect interface changes on major versions and would understand that and be willing to accept that when I do the update, but a mid version update like this? I'm too busy to spend lots of time re-learning an interface I know well...

The other major annoyance on the export side is that I can no longer se the filenames of the files already in a folder, as we now only have the select folder option... Often if I'm overwriting an export if I spotted an error I needed to correct before sending it out, I'd just click on the existing file and replace. Now I need to remember exactly what the filename was....

Best,

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mike, I hear you.

Re the import issues: just go to the Edit "Mode" and select Media Browser. Same as always. I did not experiment much with the new modes during Beta. Wondering what I may be overlooking.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, dumb question, but has anyone been asking for this kind of UI overhaul? Honestly would like to hear from someone who's just loving this new update from a general UI/UX perspective, because I am not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm mostly on the fence. This has been out in the public beta for months, and you can check on the public beta forums for discussions of newly introduced things. Also you can have the beta installed, and open project in it to see what it's like. Close, and open back in your 'regular' version without trouble.

I saw this in the initial p-b rollout, and imediately thought ... much of this is feeling very Resolve-ish. We have an import page, an edit/working page, and an export page. Effectively.

And I can understand the rationale behind things. Even if I don't agree with it all.

But I'm NOT a fan of the worskpace bar changes. At least they finally allowed us to expand the list a little ... at first, you could have only ONE workspace showing to select in the far right upper corner. I have ... nine. Carefully crafted spaces for tasks.

So by shortening the names, I can get like eight of them showing. I should simply go to keyboard shorts for them.

The export page is adjustable. I do recommend to EVERYONE that they go through the list of "System" presets right off the bat, and UN-star everything you never use. As when the only things starred are what you use, the preset list suddenly makes sense.

And actually, I know of a number of users that really LIKE the new layout. But then, I've got good friends that LOVE editing and anything in Resolve, LOVE the UI over "there". Well, takes all folks to make a world ...

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the write-up, Neil! I honestly wasn't aware of how straightforward it is to open up a project in the beta version just to check it out. I'll certainly have to do that in the future.
Does sound like I'd benefit from checking in on some of the feedback in the beta forums to check out other user experience comments & suggestions. I think this one was so vastly different from the types of updates I had come to expect that it caught me off-guard - but that's, again, kind of on me for not doing my homework on what Adobe's been cooking up (just too busy with projects, fortunately/unfortunately!). As with any new software I'm sure I just need to sit with it a while to learn the ins and outs.
I appreciate your suggestions on the workspace bar & presets. I'm not a fan of things hidden behind extra mouse clicks, but it seems like your ideas help remedy that. Fingers crossed they'll let us expand the workspace bar just a little more in future updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines