• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Discuss the Premiere Pro 22.3 UI changes: Import, Export, and Header Bar

Explorer ,
Apr 13, 2022 Apr 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm struggling too, this UI update seems a step backwards requiring more clicks etc to do the same tasks... I also can't find options to do layouts that worked very well for certain tasks. Whats happened to the caption layout for instance?

If I wanted a Premiere rush like inetrface i'd use rush... This is professional workstation software why are you dumbing it down... Shades of Final cut 10...

TOPICS
User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , May 09, 2022 May 09, 2022

Hi Community,

Thank you for the comments, but the Premiere Pro team does not generally read feedback on these user-to-user forums (Discussions).

Regarding Export Mode: Please provide feedback to the Premiere Pro Team on this thread on the Ideas forum.

For the Header Bar: provide feedback here.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 515 Replies 515
Guide ,
Apr 17, 2022 Apr 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my opinion Premiere Pro has the best GUI. No need to try and improve something that works great. I would prefer Adobe work on stability and fix the bugs in Premiere Pro. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 18, 2022 Apr 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How I can trash the import page when creating a new project? That is utter trash and should never be there in the first place. 

I totally agree with @JimmyThump on this. This is.... like Adobe had "upgraded" a rough pickup to a minivan, but forgot that the user is a construction worker.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe hires complete morons. Adobe made changes we don't need. I say make all the transitions GPU acceleration and support BRAW. Can the programmers do it or not? I honestly think everyone at Adobe is incompetent. Adobe if you cannot create good upgrades make CC free. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have to update the UI, why on earth the old cannot be an option? Like someone said in this thread - this is professional workstation software, not something that you want to learn all over again. If we want this kind of simplified UI with all the cute bells and whistles without purpose, we would use Final Cut. 

Absolutely horrible decision. Makes me think to use Resolve instead. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

" Makes me think to use Resolve instead.  "

First, I find parts of the new UI past annoying myself. I could give you a list of my complaints, but then you can find them easily enough in the discussions on the new UI over on the public beta forums. Francis certainly knows my complaints ... ha!

That said, I alway find statements like this mildly humorous. Because ... well, because someone says they don't like learning a partially new UI, they'll switch to using something with a vastly and completely different UI, taking a log more time to learn the differences.

Right.

I use both Premiere and Resolve daily. Even with the changes, I prefer Premiere's overall UI, the flexibility for customized workspaces. Resolve is so locked-down. And to my eyes, ugly as sin. But good friends LOVE LOVE LOVE Resolve.

Whatever ... to each their own. These are all just tools. Fancy hammers. Use what works.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whatever ... to each their own. These are all just tools. Fancy hammers. Use what works.

By @R Neil Haugen

Exactly. The one was the professional and expensive one that had the UI that works - other one is free (except the Studio of course). But now it feels like Premiere was downgraded - the gap between them is now much smaller. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@R Neil Haugen 

"Whatever ... to each their own. These are all just tools. Fancy hammers. Use what works."

- Neil

It's a Fancy Hammer - Some people just need one special hammer; no other will do....

FlyingFourFun_0-1650307913428.png

I find the new interface a little messy and a little strained, but so far its manageable.  I am hopefully that as they put some work into this UI it will streamline.  I despise RUSH, but I don't dislike premier enough (and hopefully this doesn't change) to move to another platform. 

I think I would say, so long as its the same powerful hammer Thor uses in a color I like, Id be okay with it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Haven’t got time to learn it all again!!

The need to update for update sake is just silly.

Frame.io most welcome, the UI change, is ridiculous.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For starters, why on earth you get this kind of spam to your UI and how I can modify the whole list on the left side? I dont need to get into my Windows User default music folder.

Visukinttu_0-1650301976809.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Been a lot of discussions on the public beta forum about this. Including how to try and work around the parts some find annoying. Understand, anything you or I find annoying is going to be someone else's fav new change. Because we are all so freaking different.

So maybe check out the "Discussions" on the UI change on the public beta forum also.

And ... I skip that whole page. Really.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And ... I skip that whole page. Really.

By @R Neil Haugen

How that can be skipped? Just "exit" all over again, but when I need to make a new project - that always pops up? 

This could be a handy way to start a new project  - I seriously think that (after half an hour of frustration) but the lack of customization for the list of sources is really, really annoying. Once again - just like these three folders that keep popping up. It's 2022. I wonder why engineers who think like this can still keep their jobs. 

Visukinttu_0-1650307546675.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even though I'm a solo, I work nearly totally in the Production mode. All my assets ... audio library, b-roll, templates, everything available quickly and without duplicating assets. I simply go to the folder in the Production panel I want the new project in, and ... create a new project.

Which brings up an empty project panel in that panel. And I right-click to begin importing assets. So I never see that, unless I'm creating a stand-alone project for some reason.

But in stand-alone mode, give the project a name and location on disk. That's in the upper left corner. You've always had to do that, right? Then click the Create tab in the lower-right corner, and you get Premiere up with that project up. Add media as you wish, either from the MediaBrowser or the project panel.

You don't have to use that media adding panel, or the ingest options of the upper right. That's your choice if you do. Although if you have a very organized system, you can set up the favorites which appear at the top left of the UI. So your normal places to go get media are what show right under where you create the project.

On the upper right corner are the ingest settings ... with options for things like copy to a new location with MD5 error checking, work from your ingest presets, create and name bins and sequences ... which again, I know people that have gotten to using those options and much prefer this.

But again ... I skip the options of that page. Probably if I did more stand-alone, I'd set up ingest presets like I used to use in stand-alone work. And of course my normal drive/folder locations would be favorited to cut down searching. The folders I'd need would be available in one or two clicks.

I've heard several users that have tried that, and feel it actually works very well.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When is the Live Stream so Adobe can be held accountable? 

Perhaps the Project Manger, CEO and Programmers can do a Live Stream so we can ask who are the idiots responsible for creating such a crappy upgrade. I don't want a new GUI! I want the all the filters and transitions GPU accelerated. It is 2022. This should have been done 10 years ago. Adobe does not support BRAW in 2022. BRAW support should have been implemented as opposed to changing the GUI. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Apr 28, 2022 Apr 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have repeatedly written about those outdated effects and their GPU acceleration on forums. In addition, he specifically listed which effects are more often needed and involved in the work. But, I saw the opposite, those effects with which I create stunning visualizations were moved to the obsolete folder. What can we talk about? In my opinion, these standard effects should all be modified for more flexible operation and animation, as well as accelerated by GPU support. As for BRAW, it should be funny to developers that their professional product does not have its own support for this video format. Their policy is based on third-party software. I agree in part with this that third-party developers should enhance the product, but the basic things should already be in the program. I really look forward and hope that I will be heard here about working out a long-forgotten and not working correctly cropping function when consolidating and copying files. There is a need for flexibility in the right to choose the possibility / impossibility of cropping unnecessary frames, in order to save workspace on hard drives. This is a very very necessary feature that I would use in every project of mine. This is only part of the functionality of this beautiful feature. Another example, the function of cropping extra frames is very favorable and is extremely necessary to transfer frames to the colorist from the accuracy to the frame. Another great feature is the export of videos by individual clips. Why is this feature not available in the EXPORT panel? That's just for the transfer to colorists and other VFX employees, it is very much as required.

Add these features, damn it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey @Visukinttu,
Want to start by saying I agree with your annoyance at the new import page. As far as I'm aware, there is no baked-in way to skip it entirely.
As a workaround you might find Post Haste by Digital Rebellion (linked here) to be useful. You can create an empty shell project with bins set up to your liking. Once your new project is created, click on the project file to open it and you'll land on the 'Edit' work space in Premiere and can import media as desired. I find Post Haste to be a very useful tool in general, helps add consistency to naming & organization of all projects. Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't get what people are so upset about. Did you ever use the what, six options for setting Preview, Cache, Audio Previews and other things that were in the old create project dialog? No?

Well, something like 99% of users never used those options. So that was a TOTAL waste of space. Hence a redesign by the developers, because no one used the 'added options' of the old dialog.

Let's look at the reality of the changes made. No emotions, just ... straight facts. What did they do?

They replaced some additional user-choice options with a different set of user-choice options.

That's all they did.

And it doesn't take one more click for those of us who need more complex project layouts to make them than before. Not one more click. Type "Name". Type "Location". Click "Create".

To review the changes: they replaced a set of options that no one had to use, that essentially no one ever used, with options that (again!) no one has to use, but ... some users like and are using.

If you didn't use the extra options they replaced, and aren't going to use the new ones, then what's your beef? Nothing has changed in your workflow whatever.

And understand, I'm also not one of the users that the new import assets stuff was designed for. I'll still use the ways I always have. As you should. And as they expected you and I and other experienced users would. Why?

Our projects are more complex. I'm used to setting my media storage by folder structure that I want copied as bins in Premiere. So naturally, I use the system that still handles that process exactly as it always has. I import assets via Project panel or MediaBrowser panel.

Which is what the devs were expecting me, thee, and all experienced users to do.

New users, and those with simpler projects, now have a way to easily start a project. Rather than a bunch of options they didn't have a clue about.

Very simply, there's new added user functionality if you want to use it. That's all.

Again, I don't get the angst.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you don't like using the new functionality of the Import page and want to use the loading and processing of material in the old version, my advice is: when creating a new project, the Import panel opens and you just give the name of the project and the save path, and then go to the bottom right corner of the panel and click CREATE. EVERYTHING. Everything is simple. You get into the old workspace and then load everything as it was before. Difficult?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I appreciate UI innovation and quality-of-life updates, but the double whammy of not seeing the actual filenames in the "save location" dialog, as well as not being able to revert back to the old export window just makes me so upset. I regularly upversion my filenames based on other renders sorted by date, so in order to sample the most recent renders now, I've got to open an explorer window, navigate to my export folder, soft by date, click the latest expot, hit f2, ctrl-c, alt-tab, ctrl-v, update the suffix...whereas before I could have simply clicked the filename of the previous export, changed my suffix, and would be good to go.

I'm sad! please take this into consideration.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you just queue or "send to" MediaEncoder, you get the old export dialog. Where it behaves as you need it to.

And yes, at NAB next week I'll be pushing the engineers hard on this. And other things.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 19, 2022 Apr 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK simple solution is Preferences, General, turn off workflow breaking, stupid, totally unessecary features. 

I mean, really - who are you implementing this for, complete dummies? This is insulting. Give us the option to turn this crap off and get back to completing our projects. You're so big a talking up workflow, workflow, workflow, and then in one incremental update you break everything and make us go searching around this totally crappy, redesigned, hodgepodge for stuff that we do day-in and day-out. If it's this much trouble to figure out, I might as well put the work in and learn Final Cut Pro or somehting else. Come on Adobe. Oh, I'm so annoyed. I've been using Adobe everything for 25 years. Thanks, no really - thanks. How is this an improvement?  It's not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, this forum is primarily user-to-user assistance ... like me. And all the other ACPs, and the other users that help each other out here. We're all volunteers, not employees. This forum does get some attention from Kevin Monahan and his support staffers, but they're outside the product teams.

So although many other users may appreciate your comments, it's not ... doing anything.

As it is something that should  be seen by Official Adobe ... I'd recommend you post this over on their Premiere Pro UserVoice system. Every post there is logged into their system by at least one engineer, and more importantly (this being Adobe), ALL posts are collated and sent to their all-important Marketing & Experience people ... who are the ones that really make the important decisions about "what the users want" from their metrics.

The U-V system is the only direct way we users have of getting "metrics" to the M&E people. Who, from rather a more rarefied Height than mere product teams, rule all.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could not agree more - feels like they are sliding the UI down to iMovie level.

Took me far too long to figure out how to create a new project as it opens up the horrific new 'import' window at the same time.

Totally fine having a 'dummies' toned down version but also leaving pro users with an advanced UI at the same time.

Stop trying to make Premiere Davinci Resolve - There's a reason I don't use Davinci... and this is it!

There are so many things they need to improve on rather than dumbing down the UI. One being on 'ingest' rather than dumbing transcodes loose beside the project - how about creating a subfolder there to keep things organised?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Apr 21, 2022 Apr 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The application should develop and move forward, but taking into account the wishes and requests of users. When adding new graphical workspaces, it is necessary to add a return to the classic one. Of course, I am in favor of development and rebalancing, since the design is outdated and required this update. But, in my opinion, like many here, innovations in Premiere should be refined in subsequent updates. I would like to see such large-scale updates more often, concerning many workflows with a focus on stability and convenience.

👉We are waiting for an update on the rebalancing of the Color page👈

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I HATE this update--- I dont want my clips dropped into the timeline at the start of a new project - So many other needless and now confusing hurdles to figure out just to start a project--- If its not broke dont fix it-- 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 20, 2022 Apr 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A suggestion then would be to not have Premiere drop your clips into the timeline at the start of a new project.  No sense ranting about a setting you can turn off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines