• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Discuss the Premiere Pro 22.3 UI changes: Import, Export, and Header Bar

Explorer ,
Apr 13, 2022 Apr 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm struggling too, this UI update seems a step backwards requiring more clicks etc to do the same tasks... I also can't find options to do layouts that worked very well for certain tasks. Whats happened to the caption layout for instance?

If I wanted a Premiere rush like inetrface i'd use rush... This is professional workstation software why are you dumbing it down... Shades of Final cut 10...

TOPICS
User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , May 09, 2022 May 09, 2022

Hi Community,

Thank you for the comments, but the Premiere Pro team does not generally read feedback on these user-to-user forums (Discussions).

Regarding Export Mode: Please provide feedback to the Premiere Pro Team on this thread on the Ideas forum.

For the Header Bar: provide feedback here.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 515 Replies 515
LEGEND ,
Jun 07, 2022 Jun 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Again ... they simply removed options people weren't using, adding some new ones on a redesigned layout.

That's all.

The old process is still there, and it was always expected we would use that. The new one is simply for simple work.

Yea, it would seem to make sense to make one to do all, but ... I doubt that's happening.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 28, 2022 Apr 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

New export screen is fine I guess but why take away the option to use the old one. Very dumb, I personally hate the new export dialogue box. F- in terms of an upgrade or added feature. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So in five years, we might have four user-choosable export dialogs?   😉

Yea, we're all different ... every flippin' one of us. Keeps life interesting.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot agree with this more.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 04, 2022 May 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How on earth can I change the import and export experience to the previous methods. I hate the new method!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 06, 2022 May 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This new export menu is disster, i never wrote on this forum in 10 years, but this realy is s....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting used to it and it forced me to rethink my entire workflow for the better.  I'm sure it will improve with future updates.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't like the new UI changes. It was done with the idea of "less is more", but here it is just slowing down the workflow...

What is even more serious, is that I cannot CUDA to work on my GTX 1660 Super. Not in Premiere and not in Media Encoder. I will have to downgrade to the 22 version to be able to continue my work...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 09, 2022 May 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah- it's basically unusable if you're on a deadline. I had to scrap it & revert to the last version- it's a nightmare. They made a huge mistake with this big change, as well intentioned as it may have been. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What was totally unusable? It's good to have the details of what was a mess for you listed.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The entire overhaul of starting a new project. 

Like I've been doing this stuff for years- it's not a problem to drag in footage (from outside Premiere) & it works 300x faster. The new interface for creating new projects was barely usable & it took me like 30 minutes to start a project. I can't be wasting 30 minutes figuring out how to use a program I use every day, while I'm on deadline. I just don't even know how this got past beta testing with how slow it is. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, that's an easy one.

Just don't use that startup interface, there's no reason for you to use it.

Do as you probably always have ... type a Name, select a project file Location, click Create. Not even another click to get started.

The new project opens, and set it up and import as you always have. Nothing there has changed.

At NAB, the staffers seemed somewhat puzzled that experienced users were so upset with a new 'feature' that the staff had never expected experienced people to use. As far as they were concerned, the project start dialog replaced a bunch of options no one ever used (locating all the preview, cache files and such) with some options that newer users would use.

I ... and others ... have strongly suggested the Create button get moved to right next to Location. As for now, you have to mouse to the far corner of the screen.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"staff had never expected experienced people to use" ... therein lies the problem I guess. They were wrong.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yea, I agree.

But again ... that new import process is for those with simple projects. Not for us experienced or complex projects. Ignore it, like you did the old dialog.

Name, Location, Create.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think this particular issues speaks to the poor design and execution of the update. The fact that so many experienced users are finding this confusing and not obvious to just skip, speaks volumes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, this (likely very good & highly appreciated) advice doesn't quite compute for me. 

Do as you probably always have ... type a Name, select a project file Location, click Create. Not even another click to get started.

I always boot up Premiere & click "New Project" to start a new project. I'll sometimes do this just to bang out a few quick cuts in response to notes from a client. I don't ever "type a Name" anywhere, but if I can bypass this reworked version of starting new projects- I'll try it. 

For now- however, reverting to the last updated version is the only way I can meet my client needs in a timely fashion, as I'm still scratching my head over how to not use this interface to create a new project. 

Thank you for your time & being a godsend in this thread Neil. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

<<I'm still scratching my head over how to not use this interface to create a new project. >>

Great Line! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't you give a new project a name? Or do you have 574 "New Projects" on your computer?   😉

When I use the File/New Project option of the menu ... still there, of course ... it immediately pops up a dialog and asks for a name. First thing you have to do is type the name.

And of course, you can do that easily ... simply open PrPro, go immediately to the File/New Project item.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be better to include the text in your post, with the UI images separately but within the post. Others wouldn't have to load the image and expand it to be able to see your excellent points.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to do that but hte images wouln't embed so I gave up

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just drag/drop the images onto the reply box itself.

I often make screengrabs for illustrating something using Window's Snipping tool. After saving the image, I can either just hit Ctrl/V to paste it where the cursor is, or drag/drop from the folder I've stored it in to the reply box.

Don't use the icons at the top or the "attach files" at the bottom.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok cool. I'll try again when im back in my other office. Thanks !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To get to the Workspaces you need to either go to the Window/Workspaces menu, or click on the little "screen" icon in the upper right, then you get a drop-down list.

On that list, you can select "show workspace tabs" and then you get a few workspaces showing.

To the left of those is a vertical bar or "pipe" ... hover over it, grab and drag left, you can get more spaces showing.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 07, 2022 May 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was happy to notice that Premiere was relatively stable during the second half of 2021 and the early months of 2022. In the preceding year I was often tempted to move away from Premiere because of all the bugs and glitches, but in the past 10 months I regained confidence.

I am now particularly worried by my own new experiences regarding version 22.3, and also from what I read in this thread. Furthermore, the socalled "less is more" restyling of the interface is deeply worrying. Premiere is not (and should not become) an app for casual amateurs. It is for professionals and prosumers. We don't need another Premiere Rush or FCP on the market. The reason I stayed with Premiere is that its interface got so much features under direct control, which releaves me from delving into menus and opening submenus. The straight approach to buttons etc. is what keeps me returning to Premiere after delving more and more into the Studio version of Resolve, where I always have to search for menu-items. If Premiere has decided to go this "less is more" route, I will leave the Adobe world for sure. I hope they come to their senses, and they will at least offer the possibility to return to the previous interface!

[Typo edited by mod: 23 > 22.3]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines