Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Display stereo tracks as if they were mono

Community Beginner ,
Oct 17, 2022 Oct 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello community.
I was wondering if there is a possibility to see stereo audio in timeline and source monitor with a single (unified) waveform. by default a single audio track shows separate L-R channels) example in picture.
I would basically like to see a stereo waveform as if it were mono BUT remaining stereo signal.

This is how stereo tracks are displayed ---->

stereo1.pngstereo2.png

This is how I would like to see them ---->

mono1.png

mono2.png

Thank you so much!

TOPICS
Audio , Editing , Formats , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Oct 21, 2022 Oct 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not at all sure such a display is possible, as it would require the stereo to be summed to mono in order to obtain it.

You could always try splitting the original stereo interleaved file into Dual Mono files - but this would then take up 2 audio channels in your mixer. This may even be beneficial.....depends on what you are editing here.

If the sequence is already created you'll need to either export the audio, making sure to do this as 2 separate files and then re-import these back into the project or else take a side-trip through Audition & do the edit there.

The besy way to do this would be to split the audio on import into Premiere though. Personally, I prefer the interleaved form because it guarantees to me that there will be no phase discrepancies introduced through accident and prevents any chance of sync loss too.

Can I please ask why you'd like the alternative display option?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 21, 2022 Oct 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In your Sequence, click on the "hamburger" menu option & uncheck "Rectified Audio Waveform". Can also uncheck "Logarithmic Waveform Scaling" if that gives a cleaner-looking waveform if that floats your goat.

JonJackson500_1-1666357008611.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines