• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Display Surface Initilisation Failed

Community Beginner ,
May 03, 2022 May 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there. My premiere pro won't open anymore. Everytime I start up the program it gives me this error saying - "Display Surface Initilisation Failed" and then exits the program. My iMac and premiere pro are all up to date and I can't seem to sort this issue out. Please help someone.

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , May 03, 2022 May 03, 2022

Sure thing Screenshot 2022-05-03 at 19.14.43.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Aug 12, 2022 Aug 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay together with my colleagues we found a workaround:

• Start MediaEncoder first
  • when Media Encoder is running the alle other Programms start without Problems in Record Time

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for you workaround.    Sorry, can't agree with "But if this is only user <-> user and they don`t even scan the problems then the forum is worthless (sorry my 5cent). "  Your workaround will probably help others.  This  forum is an incredible resource with many very experienced real world users who provide an amazing amount of help.  I started working in Avid, then moved to FCP1 thru 7, and finally landed up in Premiere and I still have questions, and many of them have been solved by other users here.    And back in the day, Apple didn't officially monitor their user to user board and I don't think Apple employees were even allowed to post.  But many times Adobe emnployees have posted here to help users...  (including me).    For example, while working on a client's M1 macbookpro, was having serious playback issues.  I did figure out how to workaround the issue, but it was extremely time-consuming.  The moderator of this forum, Kevin Monahan, suggested that I try the beta version of premiere and it solved all those issues...  And I try to at least scan all the new posts here every few days so I'll be prepared for whatever issues may come up, and it's not easy.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 27, 2022 Sep 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for all of your help, mgrenadier-)! And I agree. This is a very helpful community. As frustrating as Premiere can be at times, it's obviously worth fighting thru the struggle or people would just leave and break loyalty. I'm having the same issue, yeah it's frustrating, but if having Media Encoder open first is a work around, I can live with that... I'm going to have to have AME running eventually anyway, so;-$)displaysurfaceinitialisationerror.PNG 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Oct 05, 2022 Oct 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately - no effect. Re-installed Premiere with removal of Preference - no effect.

Screenshot 2022-10-05 at 14.20.00.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sometimes you need to run creative cloud cleaner before reinstalling

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Worth a shot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lo que debes hacer es restarurar los permisos del MAc (primeros auxilios al Disco) luego reinstalara el software, eso me funicono hace un par de meses.
Espero tambien te sirva a ti,
Saludos

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 16, 2022 Aug 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just finished a huge project in mystika VR and I tried to start premiere and I got the display initialization failed error. I couldn't even get to the splash screen. I managed to open creative cloud and held down the shift key to clear the media cache. I finally got the splash screen to open with the message did I want to clear the media cache. That did the trick. Now to see what happens the next time I try and work with premiere!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 30, 2022 Aug 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have same problem, but solved by changing firewall setting from "block all" to "high" and allow trustworthy programmes in antivirus. I am using Quick heal antivirus. please try this setting. No need to restart computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 29, 2022 Sep 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is expensive software. If the "Display Surface Initialization Failed" cannot be fixed in a timely manner, reciprocity needs to be addressed. The Service Level Agreement has been exceeded with more than 10% down-time. 

Adobe, please communicate a resolution?AdobeError1.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 30, 2022 Sep 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

James, please utilize the official Adobe support. https://www.adobe.com/about-adobe/contact.html

This forum is a quick way to engage with other members that use Adobe products, but if you still experience issues, you need to contact official Adobe support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 17, 2022 Dec 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no contact resource on the adobe help page there is only a bot chat that does not understand basic commands -- which about sums up the entire creative cloud experience. it gets worse every single day. on every single app, on every single device

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 30, 2022 Sep 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand your frustration, but it is unrealistic to expect Adobe to test every possible variation in hardware, OS and how the program might be interacting without other elements that have been installed on a system.  I've seen this message a couple of times, but restarting or shutting down and restarting has always resolved it...   As Jeff suggested, contacting Adobe support is a good idea but gotta say alot of times, this forum can solve problems...  But we'll need some basic information 

Please tell us your system specs: OS version, Premiere version, amount of RAM, Hardware specs including graphics card.  And you'll need to be systematic in answering questions and trying suggestions.   It's never easy to diagnose issues from a distance...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apple does not offer very much variation. I use a quite off the shelf MacPro, with standard components. But Premiere fails to start.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's never easy to troubleshoot from a distance...  and we have to start with this question...   Otherwise we can waste alot of time...

There are hardware requirements for Premiere and many "off the shelf" macs to do not meet them.  Have you checked to see if you meet these?  And these requirements can vary by the type of media you're working with...  

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/system-requirements.html#gpu-acceleration

and if you're working with marginal hardware, there are sometimes ways to work around the limitations.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2022 Oct 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to fix this problem by changing the power  settings under Energy Saver, had it under Never and changed it to every 1 hour. Hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2022 Nov 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Running Windows 10 & Premiere Pro 2023 I resolved this issue by allowing "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro 2023\GPUSniffer.exe" through my outgoing firewall (PortMaster)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 16, 2023 Jan 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My solution:

-Run cmd.exe as admin and run command: DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth

-Rename %PeremierPath%\dynamiclinkmanager.exe to .bak filetype

-Launch Premier as Administrator

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 23, 2023 Feb 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

nice, thanks for this, I skipped the dism step but the dynamiclinkmanager fix worked. I got a separate issue of it hanging while scanning audio plugins, but just clicking cancel was successful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 30, 2023 Jan 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FIXED FOR ME

Hello Everyone. I just wanted to chime in because I tried all the fixes and have spent the last 18 to 20 hours trying to fix the "'Display Surface initialization failed'" error. We got it fixed adn it was because I was connecting my monitors through a hub! So, when I connected everything directly to the computer instead of through the "Display Link" everything works but if I had it through the hub, it gave me the error message almost every time. (Except when the Adobe tech Jestin was helping)

Before that I tried:
-Updating the drivers
-Updating Windows 11

-Unpluging vairous monitors one at a time

-Holding down Shift while starting Premiere to clear the cache
-Holding down Ctrl while starting Premiere to clear something else

-I also reinsalled the entire adobe suite

-I also wiped my computer and reinstalled Windows 11 and then the Adobe Suite

-I also tried unistalling various plug-ins.

I am sure I am missing a few but basically those are the things I tried but it was having everything go through a display hub that caused the problems. 

I hope that helps one of you good people. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 30, 2023 Jan 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for posting your fix.  Not enough people do that.  Gotta say, I had this issue intermittently on a windows machine nd my monitors were connected directly to the computer, but always good to have an additional troubleshooting step..  I solved it by updating premiere...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 24, 2023 Feb 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

please help me nothing work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 24, 2023 Feb 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please tell us your system specs: OS version, Premiere version, amount of RAM, Hardware specs including graphics card.   And have you tried all the suggestions in this thread in a systematic fashion?   Might be helpful if you describe all your troubleshooting steps...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 11, 2023 Jun 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hey, I got the One solution It work for me that is driver update trough software name "driver easy" this steps to fixed problem click link> visit telgram > click prefferable link> download sofware from browser by direct link > after installation > open scann the hidden driver updates and update as soon as it update resert! IT work for me I love that! I hope it help you too, if yes let know

check the comment there for the full guide www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5Mq_YUXNrg&t=1s by vijay maurya

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hey, I got the One solution It work for me that is driver update trough software name "driver easy" this steps to fixed problem click link> visit telgram > click prefferable link> download sofware from browser by direct link > after installation > open scann the hidden driver updates and update as soon as it update resert! IT work for me I love that! I hope it help you too, if yes let know

Direct link is on youtube "https: // www. youtube. com / watch?v=g5Mq_ YUXNrg&t=1s" just remove the space form link It will work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(Improved guide)

hey, I got the One solution It works for me that is driver update through the software named "driver easy" This
steps to fix the problem
download software > after installation > open scan the hidden driver updates and update as soon as it updates restart your pc!
It works for me! I hope it helps you too, if yes let know

if this all won't work, then there are two more steps for you

1) delete all junk files for premiere pro and after effects e.i autosave (unused one), preview, media caches files of pr and ae, and restart, if that won't work then the second step is the last step for you

2) reinstall your adobe pr and ae, notice before reinstalling take all backups of key shortcuts, presets, and source files and uninstall and also erase all preferences when Adobe will ask for your pr/ae you have to completely uninstall and reinstall this will definitely work! 

If you don't have a Hidden driver update pending!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines