Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

DJI PHANTOM 4PRO FOOTAGE DOESNT WORK ON PREMIER

Community Beginner ,
Aug 15, 2017 Aug 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Im drone user and i got couple different dji's. Just bought the Dji phantom 4pro, and now its my first time to edit the footage of THIS drone. I get some error message from premier that "premiere pro a low level exception occurred". Ive tried with media encoder to code the footage but it wont do anything to it. It also keep saying "footage doesnt have image or sound with it". Ive tried to conver the file from MOVi to MPG2 and to MP4 but none of that helps. Ive changed the files location, started my computer again and again. Rebooted the premier. None of this helps. Biggest question is how come that this footage dont work but for example i fly the inspire and with that footage i dont have any problems never.

I need help quickly!! Thank you!

Regards

Jesse

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 21, 2017 Aug 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No was the Pro

Importing DJI Phantom 4 Pro Footage into Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2017.1.2(22) v11.0 Oasis

Tested the clip, still have it, plays fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 21, 2017 Aug 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Curious.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 24, 2017 Aug 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the very same problems. It really does not matter what resolution I was using while recording on the P4P+.

Even some low res footage still does not work properly! It really makes me angry, considering having good equipment and trying to do some awesome footage. The worst thing is: I am screenium as a screen capture program with a built in editor. And this cheap program can do the job! But of course and since I pay the CC, there is no way, I want to edit my footage with a screen capture program with it´s limited tools.

Currently I am using the Miro Video Converter, in order to get the mov into a mp4 and see how that will perform. Will keep you updated.

But still, what a disappointment Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you upoad a short clip to test?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You mean from the converted mp4 as a screen capture?

I can do that. Let´s see how that might work out. The chat just told me as I shared:

"DJI Phantom 4 Pro is yet not included in current version of Premiere Pro Supported formats

The development team is working on it to include in future versions"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I already converted footage to mp4.. and changed the end to mp4. But none

of that aint helping. Adobe told the same for me what everyone is telling

here that premier wont support its file.

24.8.2017 21.31 "Responsive pages with Mus" <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

kirjoitti:

DJI PHANTOM 4PRO FOOTAGE DOESNT WORK ON PREMIER created by Responsive

pages with Mus <https://forums.adobe.com/people/Responsivepageswith+Mus>

in Premiere Pro CC - View the full discussion

<https://forums.adobe.com/message/9786937#9786937>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The support chat told me the following:

DJI Phantom 4 Pro is yet not included in current version of Premiere Pro Supported formats

The development team is working on it to include in future versions

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No an original.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The original is 4GB. I doubt I can show that here. The video itself is super fine in the Osx previewer, also on VLC and every other editor. Just not on PremierePro. This is really the most unsatisfying purchase I did! I bought extra a subscription in order toi use it for my 4k videos, but then it appears Adobe is slower then some garage coders!

Anyway, also my rerendered footage still has the same problems. So, screw Premiere, I will try to find another program.

Did anybody try Final Cut for the P4Pro?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 31, 2017 Aug 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problems here. I called and they gave me the same answer. I tried importing like 25 videos and only six went in. The rest I got the same error messages.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 05, 2017 Sep 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Only way i got it working was with handbrake and changed the framerate to

constant. Thank you guys!

2017-09-01 5:35 GMT+03:00 johnjord410 <forums_noreply@adobe.com>:

DJI PHANTOM 4PRO FOOTAGE DOESNT WORK ON PREMIER created by johnjord410

<https://forums.adobe.com/people/johnjord410> in Premiere Pro CC - View

the full discussion <https://forums.adobe.com/message/9801760#9801760>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 03, 2018 May 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad I read all these comments before I purchased  Adobe Pro. As I’m encountering the same problems with up loading footage from my P4P+. Any solutions to the problem yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 04, 2018 May 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still no solution - can´t finish one project, it is a shame!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does DJI have any suggestions?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what version of Premiere Pro are you using? I've worked with a lot of DJI footage in Premiere with no issues other than the need to transcode it all to a friendlier edit codec.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 05, 2018 May 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem with Premiere is discussed in various DJI forums - but that's another story ...

We use the latest Version ...

The fact is that ALL previous versions of Premiere Pro CC were able to process and import the DJI-mov and -mp4-files without any problems. Since the last update this is no longer the case - and that is a NO GO! Nothing has been changed in the files themselves (apart from that they are read or can be imported by all editing programs known to me without any problems).

Of course I am aware that mp4/h264 is not  ideal for editing. But since we sort and catalog all our material in Premiere and don't transcode all takes, there is no way around this procedure.

Apart from that and just a reminder: some years ago Adobe advertised that the user in Premiere can simply throw his files - no matter with which codec - into the timeline. This statement was the main reason why we chose Premiere five years ago for our 4K long-term documentary.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Until this bug gets taken care of, why don't you just roll back to the Previous version of Premiere?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was using resolve 12 but the playback was a bit jumpy so I down loaded 14 and for some reason when I drag a move clip to timeline the programme just close. Haven’t got a clue why. So I thought I’d try prem pro for the first time.

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’ve just down loaded the newest version as I had been using resolve but the play back on timeline was a bit jumpy so I’ve been trying different media editing software.

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’ve not been in touch with DJI. I have been using resolve but the play back on time line was a bit jumpy so I thought I’d try prem pro.

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 27, 2018 Aug 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe has not resolved this.

I have spent weeks with this importer error message. Tried everything. I don't know of any better pro software for windows 10.

Brought the XPS 15 over the MacBook pro because I'm a Premiere Editor. I'm so disappointed with Adobe. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

richardd75326250  escribió

Adobe has not resolved this.

I have spent weeks with this importer error message.

Hi.

Yes, importer error, the ImporterMpeg.prm has problems. So that they have a panorama:

I have Windows 10

Premiere 12.1.2

I do not have a codec package installed.

I do not have QT installed.

The following is for MP4 and Mov (H264)

And you can try this:

Go to Edit> Preferences> Media and remove the checkbox before the element: enable Intel h.264 decoding (requires reboot) or (12.1.2) Enable hardware accelerated decoding.

The following is crucial, if they do not, surely the file they wanted to import will give them an error again.

Next, close Premiere and proceed to delete the cache folders; Observe the link for instructions:

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2152942

Start Premiere and re-import the file.

I was able to replicate the error and this was the solution for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My p4pro footage recorded as h.264 in mp4 format seems to be working (or at least not crashing).  Are you sure you're not shooting in h.265?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Juamario for your continued input (From another forum).

So I have done the following

Go to Edit> Preferences> Media and remove the checkbox before the element: enable Intel h.264 decoding (requires reboot) or (12.1.2) Enable hardware accelerated decoding.

Downloaded the latest QuickTime for Windows 10. Will this be a problem?

Opened the Media Browser and imported my files. For the files that have the errors. Reveal them in explorer. Renamed them. Return back to Premiere and they are all good for the edit. They drop fine into the timeline. I did notice some drop framing when scrolling through.

I'm going to run this process with my other projects. Keep you posted

XPS 15 i9 Processor

Windows 10

32gb

1TB

4gb Nvidia GTX

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 28, 2018 Aug 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I have successfully imported two projects into Premiere Pro. Using the above method and both appear to be working fine.

Hope this is of help to  fellow editors out there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines