• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Does colour gradient Banding appear on all Monitors from the same video?

Engaged ,
Jul 20, 2022 Jul 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi community. 

I have a concern regarding colour banding and monitors. Does it mean because my monitor displays colour banding the same video will display on another monitor with colour banding as well, even if the video has been exported with the highest quality? 

Thank you.

TOPICS
Error or problem , Formats

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Stefan,

Sorry for any confusion you may be experiencing. Please tell us the format you shot with, the sequence settings you are using, and the export settings you are using. Anything less than a 10-bit workflow will allow for banding to occur, I'm afraid.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thanks for replying. 

I personaly am not shooting any footage. Its graphics which I make withing Illustrator, or photoshop, After effects, which  I might use in Premeire, and when I use a gradient background, or blur, or glow on some of the graphics, When I export the file it does cause a color banding. And also When I view a movie online, the dark area has patches. So I was wondering if its my monitor which doesnt support good high visual graphics to be displayed correctly. These are my current settings from my Nvidia control panel. I can see Im in 8bit but I also see the 10bit greyed out. 

StefanCargoski_0-1658370769558.png

And this movies dark areas from my Monitor is really bad patchy areas., so it from the download from bad quality 720, or is it monitor?

StefanCargoski_1-1658370946850.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Stefan,

It's more about your Export Settings and the resulting file and less about your computer monitor settings to ensure the quality of your graphics. Show us a screenshot of those and we can help. I hope that helps.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines