• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Does Premiere Pro work with Windows 10??

New Here ,
Jun 02, 2015 Jun 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does Premiere Pro work with Windows 10??

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 26, 2015 Aug 26, 2015

Yes, it's included in our system requirements documentation now: System requirements | Adobe Premiere Pro

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 135 Replies 135
Community Beginner ,
Aug 22, 2015 Aug 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

already tried that, i am happy in my linux world now,  and I actually have lightroom, firefox and indesign working in linux  as of yesterday

have virtual box running windows 7 to run the others until i figure out how to get them all going in linux

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 29, 2015 Sep 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In experience, Premiere Pro and After Effects CS6 crashes a lot with Windows 10.  Even the Adobe documentation says it is only supported to Windows 8.1. 

If it's a production machine, I would probably hold up upgrading to Windows 10 if you use Premiere a lot. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 03, 2015 Oct 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are correct, we tried over 300 pcs, different configs,  Adobe Programs that worked:  Photoshop  Adobe products that crashed, or did not work at all :  Prem Pro, After Effects, In Design, Fireworks, Illustrator, ...  (the rest)

If anyone follows this the problem is that Windows 10 removed outdated support and version of vmcredit dll's  and .net stuff. even thought Adobe installed try to install this,  Windows 10 blocks the programs.  Even the updates fail, or uninstall / reinstall fail.   And to support the Apple ,  iTunes fails to work or install .

We have seen some graphic design departments get some products working,  but it took them lots of money for consultants to fix and there was no clear path to make some programs work.

Interestingly we were so ticked at Microsoft and Adobe for not being ready for Windows 10, we moved 100 machines to Linux Mint, and we are successfully  running with no problems,  Indesign,  Photoshop, Fireworks and Illustrator and Photoshop Lightoom using a program called Play on Linux ( most programs installed using the code for Photoshop)  .

This makes us want to move totally to linux, but the other machines we went back to Windows 8.1 and decided to stay there for a long time. We think in a year or so Adobe maybe ready for Windows 10,  we do not use CC, and will stay away from it, licenses are cheaper with the CS versions.

In our quest you can manually copy vcred ..dlls  for x64 and x86 into your program files / adobe / program / folder  and sometimes this gets the program to work, but it can crash randomly. 

With Linux now grabbing up more market share,  and now has more market share than Vista installs,  maybe Adobe will port there , that would be terrific , so many of us would switch in a heartbeat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 03, 2015 Oct 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are a lot of folks who would LOVE for Adobe to build for Linux also ... go ahead and file the ol' bug/feature request over it. Those actually get compiled and delivered to the folks up-line at Adobe who decide where each team gets budgeted (allocated) time for repairs/new features.

https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform

I've wondered about 10/video in general. As there are a number of people in other places having odd issues with video program performance on Win10. They left out "outmoded" pieces, eh? That are probably used by a lot of say the internal/external adapters or various software sections/effects ... and now will need to be re-coded within the video apps. Sounds like that might be part of the issue ...

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 05, 2015 Oct 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is no big deal just go back to Windows 7 and pretend the whole story was a dream. I went back as I have 30days to revert.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 07, 2015 Oct 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are going to run a test again but not on 100 pcs/laptops, just one of them (although i think this one a nvidia graphics card, that gave us problems last time also, this time, we are going to let Windows 8.1 automatically install Windows 10 upgrade instead of using the downloaded file.

Before this we are making image backups of the drives.   I think in a few hours I will be able to report if anything if fixed yet. 

Somewhere their was a thread discussing all cs6 programs in general with Windows 10 and Adobe released a tech article. Anyone have that ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just an fyi ... I've seen a few comments from people who'd done the upgrade and had hash for results. Wiped the drive and did a clean Win10 install, and it worked. No personal experience, but if you're testing for us ... 

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Neil,

I'll just add that I did it both ways and the results were the same—Cs6 through CC2105 worked great, as well as they did on windows 8.1. So I'm at a loss as to why all these problems are happening to people.

The only issue I had early on was with the sound settings, where it was playing back fast and was skipping on the timeline. Once I set Premiere to my native ASIO driver the problem never returned.

Curious to see what obertscloud finds out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just an update: 

Rolled back to Windows 7 and everything is good again. 

Windows 10 is great, but I would recommend that CS6 users hold off upgrading. 

Hopefully Adobe will offer an update to Creative Suite that is tested to work with Windows 10 soon. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Only Cloud versions are being tested and updated to work with newer operating systems

CS6 and earlier are not being tested or updated

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THanks for your update.

This does not make sense for business or small business, CC is rather expensive monthly / yearly  would rather have full non CS versions more economical, also as designer the CC versions tend to freese up when working with large files or files that have multiple updates in them,

Do you know if they intend on working on CS6 compatibility ?  This will help us decide whether or not to continue with Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd doubt they'll work on bringing CS6 into Win10 ... they might, I'm no insider-expert dude. Still, they've made it clear CS6 is an old laid-to-rest product. That you're welcome to use as long as it's useful.

For me, I'm running geez ... PrPro, SpeedGrade, AfterEffects, Audition, Prelude, Photoshop, Lightroom, inDesign, Muse, & Acrobat. If I were paying out $450 or so for each of those every 14/18 months ... wow. That would be around what, $250/month outlay cost over 18 month life-cycles? And if I did what we did at times in the past, skip an ish at times ... gee, I could be clear down to $150/month or a bit above.

No, for me the "CC" setup is way cheaper.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 08, 2015 Oct 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks  for your input,  I understand,  but 49/mo or 580 a year multiplied by 20 is over $10,000 where creative suite which is good for 2-3 years is only $1400 

Anyway  on a test computer finally got Windows 10 upgrade to work with Adobe only problem so far is Premiere Pro is now now recognizing .mp4 o.avi video in recent projects

trying to figure the work around.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 16, 2015 Dec 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wish I could roll back. I bought a windows 10 laptop, and it's been nothing but a major headache. Premiere Pro CS6 freezes every time I import a video. Windows has pushed out beta software again. Very pissed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

R Neil Haugen wrote:

Wiped the drive and did a clean Win10 install, and it worked.

Neil

I understand how inconvenient a complete drive wipe and re-install can be, but IMHO: trusting any OS upgrade like that is setting oneself up for problems later.  Whether Windows or Mac OS: nuke the drive from orbit and install from scratch.

For what little it may be worth, I did that for my Windows 10 Pro install: complete format and then re-installed all of my Adobe apps.  Windows 10 fixed a problem I was having w/Premiere and my Sound Blaster driver.  I've been happily using Pr 2015 on Win 10 since.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My builder is also ... naturally, from long experience ... VERY uncomfortable with a "major" OS update without wiping ... and I do mean WIPING ... the drive ... first.

Also, just as paranoid about not doing it without a complete fresh clone of the machine in "current" state. A way back must be there ...

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

R Neil Haugen wrote:

Also, just as paranoid about not doing it without a complete fresh clone of the machine in "current" state. A way back must be there ...

See, I won't even do that.  I consider my C: drive (or the main Macintosh HD on my Macs) to be completely disposable.  On those drives, I have nothing but OS and apps.  The OS I can have reconfigured in 5-10 minutes after the install.  And the apps will just take whatever time involved in the download.

Meaning that if in the process of moving to Windows 10, I screwed up and couldn't complete it, then re-format and install Windows 8.1 from scratch again.  Takes a little longer, but everything's cleaner that way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update all programs  seem to be working  except Premiere pro does not recognize on recent projects or old projects  .mp4 .avi video, updated graphics driver  trying to resolve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I noted with Win7 that I have to manually download the codecs for those from the MS support site. Windows doesn't seem to "ship" with many codecs at all. Don't know if Win10 is like that, but ... past an old-style jpeg, a standard Win7 install "sees" almost no stills and very few video formats. Hope you get that going.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 02, 2015 Jun 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just saw that Windows 10 is coming out July 29. Dang, that's a lot closer than I expected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 03, 2015 Jun 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have it working just fine on Windows 10 Insider Preview.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 06, 2015 Jun 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what version of adobe premiere pro are u using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 07, 2015 Jun 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using 2014.2 and it works fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 22, 2015 Jul 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

‌you're right. I'm just starting to investigate the Windows forums. I knew there were cosmetic issues, easily fixed. I just meant anything under the hood that might slow things down performance wise.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 23, 2015 Jul 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would expect things under the hood to be a step up.  My comments were more centered around the user experience - the way we access, manipulate and use our files and programs.  On that front, I thought Windows 8 was a step up from 7.  Not so much with 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines