• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Does Premiere Pro work with Windows 10??

New Here ,
Jun 02, 2015 Jun 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does Premiere Pro work with Windows 10??

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 26, 2015 Aug 26, 2015

Yes, it's included in our system requirements documentation now: System requirements | Adobe Premiere Pro

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 135 Replies 135
Community Beginner ,
Aug 06, 2015 Aug 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Official Release, not working it starts then crashes, re-install crashes  on CS6 version. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

also updates are failing  for all products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running Premiere CS6 (Encore too) on Windows 10 without issues.  Runs just like it did when I was using Windows 7 and Windows 8.1.

I did a re-install for Windows 8.1, but for Windows 10 I just let it update (after a backup, just in case).

I've completed two projects using Premiere/Encore making BluRays and DVDs without issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Aug 07, 2015 Aug 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FWIW, I just updated my Win 7 machine to Win 10, and Premiere Pro CS6 is working for me, as well.

At first, clicking Play" in either the source or program monitor did nothing (although, oddly, the source scrubbing function worked). But some driver updates took care of that. Works fine now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Aug 12, 2015 Aug 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update: Now PPro CS6 under Win10 is having the dreaded problem where the source and program monitors (as well as scrubbing) all display a black video screen with GPU accelaration enabled. The audio works fine, just no video. That's just fricking awesome.

It was working fine 2 days ago, now not so much (there were no Win10, CS6, or driver updates in the meantime). Pulling my hair out now, trying to resolve...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 23, 2015 Aug 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I am having the exact same issue. It was working at some point but now the source montior is black or it has part of the toolbar duplicate. I can't scrub anything but I can hear the audio just fine. It's a nightmare, I should have bought a MAC but instead I was trying to save some money.

I have a powerhouse machine that can support everything. 16GM Ram, Interl i7 5700 (2.6ghz). NVIDIA 970m with 3GB dedicated ram, 256 SSD + 1TB HDD. Brand new Machine by MSI gaming machine so it should handle anything you throw at it especially on the graphics side.

In addition when I close the original instance of Premiere and try to reopen. It does absolutely nothing. I have to restart the machine in order to get it to launch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

‌I'm no expert but judging from posts here Macs seem to have more issues with Pr than PCs, I think editing with a PC is more reliable, at least with Windows 7.  Your system might benefit from more RAM and a few more large fast hard drives.  Check out the tweakers page for details. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was using Premiere on my MAC Air 11" on  i5 1.7 ghz, 4GB ram and 240 GB SSD and their native graphics card that came with the 2012 model. I have edited several videos without a problem the only issue really is that the processing and rendering would take a long long time but peformance issues like crashes or unstable behavior never occured.

I also have a MAC Pro with 16 GB Ram, i7 processors 512 SSD and using iMovie is a breeze.

I purchased this MSI GS 60 which has much more powerful specs than both of my MACs and I can't even edit 2 10 minute video clips without having to restart my machine over and over. For this project I think I restarted my machine 10 times, I changed configurations and looked for insight all over. I never worked so hard in trying to fix something just so I could use a application to do what it suppose to.

Also Adobe Flash keeps crashing on FireFox over and over, I can't even watch youtube movies. Whatever the issue is here Adobe Premiere or Windows I have no idea, I just regret that I wasted $2000

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 24, 2015 Aug 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hear you about Adobe Flash crashing in Firefox ... CONTINUALLY. What a pain. But as it doesn't when I use Chrome (which I do not prefer to use) I think this has more to do with Firefox than Adobe. Maybe?

The MSI GS60 is a pretty hot laptop set up for gaming, which one would THINK would have something to do with editing videos. But it's constantly amazing to me how some hardware with hot specs is not necessarily THE hardware one needs for best Adobe DVA operations. This is where it often is better to hound the people over in the Hardware forum ( https://forums.adobe.com/community/premiere/hardware_forum )

for advice & help, maybe check out the Tweaker's Page( http://ppbm7.com/index.php/tweakers-page ) also. There you'll get advice on what parts actually work best with Adobe apps, with that advice mostly empirical in nature. With data. Tons of it, in fact.

They could probably give counsel as to that laptop ...

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Aug 27, 2015 Aug 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update to my update: I was able to revert to a prior nVidia driver, and the problem with the video not playing (black screen) was resolved. Unfortunately, that very night Windows decided to install a new nVidia driver (no choice in the matter), thereby reverting my reverting back to the latest version of driver. Fortunately, whatever that new driver was worked fine.

CS6 is now working fine under Windows 10 (including Photoshop, AME, etc.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ed,

If your comfortable making changes to your system, you can stop Windows 10 from automatically updating drivers this way:

- Right click on the Start button and select "System" (this will give you the Win 10 splash screen)

- From the left menus entries select "Advance system settings" (the last entry), this will open the System Properties dialog box.

- Select the "Hardware" tab

- Select "Device Installation Settings" (the bottom box) and you will be presented with a "Do you want Windows to download driver software..." window

- Select "No, let me choose.." and "Never install driver software from Windows update."

- Finally uncheck the bottom box and select "Save Changes."

This should stop the behavior you described. This doesn't affect security updates—only drivers. You can always revert back as well.

BTW, CS6, CC2014 and CC2015 all work well on my system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 13, 2015 Aug 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you running the standalone Premiere Pro CS6 and not the CC version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

nope. Even the Media Encoder do not launch.

That's very sad.
Hope Adobe fixed it very soon,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have started having problems with Premiere. It keeps popping up with an error message about the sequences I used. I was working hard on that project and now I have to start all over again because of that damned error message! I want that error message to go away!! We updated the family computer to Windows 10, it works just fine, but when I go to open my project the error message pops up and it's driving me crazy. I hope this problem's fixed.

Error Message: This project contained a sequence that could not be opened. No sequence preset file or codec could be associated with this sequence

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you seen this‌?

If no joy there, try doing a Google search on the actual error message - seem to be a lot of other people with the same issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

‌after clean install of Windows 10 Pro, Premiere, all of Adobe apps not good. Very slow response to commands. Playback is okay, but Premiere takes a long time to open and sometimes hangs. Photoshop, AME same thing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 14, 2015 Aug 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here are some updates,  I should get a free version of CS6 and CC for life since I am only a trial user

You can go to control panel, users, and create the default administrator user 

this will solve a lot of your problems

install all software, updates, firewall etc from that account

go back to your user  it is corrupted , something with the administrator privileges not figured that out

now grab all the dll's from the x86 or x64 vcredit redistributile and put them in the programs executable directory

for example program files / photoshop x64  / you copy all the msvc*.dll there

now they work

premiere pro cs6 is having a license problem from the logs, but you can use the cc version fine

or you can go back to 8.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 26, 2015 Aug 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been running Windows 10 with CC 2015 and it works fine. I had an issue with one of my third-party plugins causing CC to crash, but I emailed the third-party about it and they fixed it. So really, no complaints about using Premiere in Windows 10 here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 26, 2015 Aug 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it's included in our system requirements documentation now: System requirements | Adobe Premiere Pro

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did the update to W 10 and found the Links to Photoshop and Audition did not work and that I was unable to close a project and or exit the program.  I was able to fix that by re instaling all programs and starting the programs in Administrator mode.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 03, 2015 Sep 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No.  Premiere Pro AND After Effects will not talk to QuickTime on Windows 10.  I had a project come up and after 10 hours on the internet and hundreds of posts and articles read, an hour with Adobe online support the conclusion is, I'm screwed until Apple releases a Windows 10 compatible QuickTime release or Adobe codes around it.  Any takers on who blinks first?

FWIW, my specs exceed those in the requirements and everything worked well on Windows 7.  I had not run Premiere Pro since Windows 10 before this project so I have no idea if it would have even launched before the updates.  My wife in her non-IT vernacular says, "every time we get an upgrade, it ruins everything else."

IF Adobe had made announcements that the latest QuickTime needed to be installed BEFORE upgrading to Windows 10, then MAYBE the program would launch now.  But I am not convinced.  Thank God my daughter refuses to upgrade from Windows 8, she saved the project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure if in your searches you came across this, but here's a link to a hack to install Quicktime on Windows 10 after you've upgraded.

http://tommynation.com/install-quicktime-windows-10/

It's a bit involved, and I can't vouch for the method, but the comments seemed to be pretty positive. I do these kind of hacks in my sleep, so it seems pretty straightforward to me. But you'll have to make the call if it's something you want to attempt. Might save you an OS reinstall, or get you back on track sooner.

Anyhow, there's a note in the article about simply trying the 7.7.6 installer first. It gives a link as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried starting the programs in Administrator mode.  This fixed my problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 04, 2015 Sep 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RESH and cooltv,

Thank you for taking the time to help me.  RESH, the tommynation solution was what I tried about 3/4 of the way to giving up, I ended up having to do the manual install.  Ironically, I have QuickTime running fine on Windows 10, BUT Premiere Pro will not load that prm.  After Effects will start but with limited capability, like no sound on export to AVI.

cooltv, When I start troubleshooting that is typically the first thing I do.  In this case it was also the last thing I tried.  No joy.  But again, I thank you both very much for trying to help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Sep 04, 2015 Sep 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

kscowden,

Yeah, I should have figured you would have seen and tried that. Really odd that PR won't work on your Windows 10 machine with Quicktime.

I had (and still have only) 7.7.6 and PR works fine on my Windows 10 machine. So I'm a loss to offer any more suggestions.

If I find anything else I'll be sure to post it for you. (There's always the shot of running  sfc /scannow in an admin prompt window. It'll repair system files and will sometimes fix associations as well.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines