• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dynamic Link continually breaking

Participant ,
Aug 19, 2024 Aug 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Literally every day I start up premiere, my dynamic link files to not show up.  I notice this error when I quit Premiere, and YES my after effects and premiere versions match. Yesterday it was working and then just broke in the background without me even doing anything. This morning it's broken again. I'm not getting a missing file warning (yet),  but I'm also not seeing anything. This is a 17 minute video and the majority of it is linking out to after effects, so the stress level here is pretty high. 

I'm running a 16" Apple M3 Max fully loaded. Sonoma 14.5

Screenshot 2024-08-19 at 8.12.26 AM.png

Some times I can restart my mac, open After Effects first, then start Premiere holding down the shift key to purge the cache, but I really shouldn't have to do that every time.

TOPICS
Error or problem , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 19, 2024 Aug 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There could be several reasons:

Check file paths, are you working on external drives? Try to backup and move files locally.

Disable Antiviruses that could intefere with Dynamic Linking.

Are you using third party plugins? Try to update them or disable them to check if this is the culprit.

Did you try to clean Media Cache in Premiere Pro along Purge Cache in After Effects?

Make sure Adobe CC is always syncing.

If you can and when applicable, try to use mogrts instead of dynamic link when working 

with Premiere Pro and After Effects. But again, organized file paths are very important here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 20, 2024 Aug 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yeah, I need to keep it on a drive. My other concern with moving from computer drive to external is the paths. I'm pretty sure it's and absolute reference so the paths would break every time I put them on a drive.

I do not have antivirus running except for Malwarebytes which is a manual process and has not been executed since before this project. 

No third party plugins other than MaxonONE stuff that I'm not using.

No clue how to make sure Adobe CC is always syncing. Do you mean the applications themselves?

I've also never made a mogrt but I have heard of them and will look in to it

Thank you

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My experience with Dynamic Link is fragileness.

I would rather do whatever on After Effects, export and import into Premiere Pro,

or use mogrts when applicable. When doing amends, you can rewrite(re-export) your

after effects comp replacing with the same filename, it will update inside Premiere Pro.

You can also consider logging out/in on the creative cloud app, maybe in case there are

syncing issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Consider setting up a new PPro project and import the old project in the new version.

This may help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

yep. I'm really hoping this entire 17 minute video doesn't break right on the day. they say "approved" and I need to render it out!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines