• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Easiest way to make lyric videos in Adobe Premiere Pro?

New Here ,
Feb 12, 2016 Feb 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

O.K. I was recommended to use Adobe Premiere Pro for lyric video creations because I had a problem trying to use Windows Movie Maker. I'm a beginner to using this sort of program. I prefer to have an in-dept article or set of instructions -very simple & easy to follow for beginners like myself- because I'm kind of a slow learner. It's on a Windows 8.1 pc & if you happen to have any questions for me or simply need more details, feel free to drop me a line!

I'd like to thank ANYONE who comments on this to help!

Kyle L. Jennings

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With no training or experience, you may be better off with a program designed for beginners.  There are a LOT of them out there, most of which significantly cheaper than Premiere Pro over the long term.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree. Do you know of any that are ABSOLUTELY free & easy to use? (I've been trying Windows Movie Maker, but it's hard to get the timing right...) Let me know if you can suggest anything better!

Kyle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

KyleJ1992 wrote:

Do you know of any that are ABSOLUTELY free

Well, you are asking for help on an Adobe support forum, and Adobe products are not free (except for the free trial)...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Jim said, Premiere Elements should work fine for you at a lesser cost.  There are plenty of tutorials online for that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kyle:

There's nothing like having a specific project to drive learning software that you're new to.  Of course, if you can make the time to take a video editing course somewhere, that'll be time very well spent.  There are some elements of video editing that are very straightforward, but then countless elements that require a "if this, then do that" approach.

Here's a quick rundown:

1. Create a folder for the lyric video on your largest and fastest hard drive.  Save any and all data used for this lyric video into this folder.
  2. Start a new project, browsing to the folder you created in step one.
  3. Import your audio file (AIFF or WAV recommended).
  4. Create a new Sequence.  Try AVCHD > 1080p > AVCHD 1080p24 or XDCAM HD422 > XDCAM HD422 1080p24.  As you get better in Premiere and become more informed about video settings and audio settings, you'll be able to pick something different or even create custom Sequence settings.
  5. Double-click the audio file in the Project tab to open it in the Source window.
  6. In the Source window, play the audio and add Markers as you hear the lyrics by pressing the "m" key or use Marker > Add Marker.  Place markers as frequently as every word or syllable or as infrequently as every line or chorus.  You'll use these clip markers later to sync your title cards to the corresponding lyric.  Tip: If you press "m" and then press "m" again, then you can center the work or line into the "Name" text field and click okay.
  7. Add the audio clip to the A1 track of your Sequence Timeline.
  8. Create Titles as needed for the lyrics (File > New > Title... or press control T) and add them to the V1 track of your Timeline, placing them at the corresponding clip marker (it'll probably help to have Snap enabled).
  9. When you've assembled your lyric video, export it using Media Encoder (File > Export > Media...).  Try the H264 format using the Vimeo 1080p HD preset or the YouTube 1080p HD preset.

Good luck!

-Warren

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 08, 2016 Dec 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 19, 2020 May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Warren,

I've been looking for a simple way to create lyric video for years! and using markers is brilliant. Thank you!!

Gabrielle.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines