• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Editing a nested clip sometimes results in clips outside the nest disappearing from the timeline

Contributor ,
Jan 10, 2023 Jan 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working on a project with multiple video clips in the timeline. In order to apply noise reduction evenly to all the clips, I nested the clips and used a 3rd-party product from within Premiere called Neat and applied noise reduction to the nest. Worked great! Then I added titles to the timeline above the nest (titles did not need noise reduction). Again, worked great.

Problem: At one point I opened the nested clips (by double-clicking) to edit one of the clips in the nest, then I saved the project before closing the nest. When I re-opened the project, the nested clips were on the timeline, opened for editing as I left them, but when I closed the nest the title clips that were outside the nest, as was the audio tracks, were gone, nowhere to be found. Where did they go? How do I get them back?

I tried to reproduce the problem for screenshots here, but now I can't reproduce it. Maybe it was just a fleeting glitch? From now on I'll just try to remember to close opened nests before closing a project. Thanks. Adobe Premiere Pro 23.1, Windows 11

TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try an auto save or backup file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Definitely share some screenshots if it happens again! I'm also wondering if the sequences got mixed up. The nested sequences become their own assets in your Project Panel, and of course, there is another sequence that includes the nest, the titles, and the audio. Maybe we just needed to find the sequence that included everything! 

If it happens again, check the Project Panel for any other sequences that may be storing all your work. I've included a screenshot of what the sequence icon looks like in the Project Panel, highlighted with a green box. list_view.jpg.img.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 11, 2023 Jan 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you everybody for your responses. Much appreciated! As this was my first time using nests, could be the issue is the nut that holds the wheel. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines