• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Editing master clip opens source monitor

Community Beginner ,
Oct 09, 2019 Oct 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there! In my last project, I was using master clips to color correct the whole sequence and I could see all those changes in real-time in my program monitor, playback was also always active in the program monitor only. Today I've started a new project, but when I try to edit any master clip, a source monitor opens automatically and I can only see the changes when I move a slider there, not in the program monitor (changes are applied to it only when I stop moving the slider). Playback also switches to the source monitor and I have to click on the sequence panel or the program monitor to get back to actually playing my sequence. I'm guessing, it's not a bug and I just accidentally just turned something on/off, but it's sooo annoying. How can I get back to viewing everything in the program monitor?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sometimes it's just a matter of 'real estate' ( monitor sizes etc. ) so the UI can populate the whole space it's designed for as 'default', or 'normal' ....

You're on the right track, paying attention to what the focus of the panels are ... but I personally go to an editing computer with 2 computer monitors so I have enough space to drag panels and viewers where I want. 

I have to wear glasses sometimes, so that also plays into it.... how small the UI is on a laptop, for example.

good luck

🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, but it's not the point of my question 🙂 it's about when the source monitor pops up...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I use my BMPCC4K for most things, and b-raw a lot ... I'm using the Master Clip process a ton.

The Source monitor pops up every time I touch the Master Clip tab, always has. If you got other behavior at first, that would be the odd part. If there's a way to change this, I'd love to know!

I have three monitors, an Ultrawide for main UI, a second 1920x1080 as secondary UI with Project panel and Source monitor put in that panel group so that the Source panel doesn't cover the Lumetri scopes when I open it.

After you've gone into Master Tab and it pops up the Source monitor, you need to use a mouse-click or keyboard shortcut to put focus back on the Program monitor, then any playback or motion will happen in the Program monitor. But change anything, it switches focus to the Source monitor. Again.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's really interesting! The thing is, I can't replicate the "odd behavior" in the old project now, too. But It was using only the program monitor before for sure. I wonder what has changed since then...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In this new forum software they went to, it's better to use the blue reply button at the top post of a page, so all replies appear inline. The "Reply" on each post nests the posts ... and doesn't give a full reply box to use anyway.

I've been using Premiere since CS6, back a few years now. I've always had the Source monitor take precedence on touching anything Master-clip-ish. Which is more often than not rather annoying.

I think the "sense" this makes is that Master Clip settings are the only ones that change clips in the Source ... the bin. All other changes you make apply only to that clip in that sequence, and are not recorded or applied anywhere else. So bringing up the Source monitor sort of goes with this is changing the original source clip.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines