• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Editing parameters in Effect Controls very slow in 23.6

Explorer ,
Sep 12, 2023 Sep 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just updated to 23.6 from 23.1 because the interface would slow down after a couple of hours. Manipulating clips on the timeline was getting very sluggish after a while.

That problem seems to have disappeared after the update. Navigating the timeline and manipulating clips all moves very fast.  But now another "bug" pops up: whenever I manipulate clip parameters in any of the controls/effects in the Effects Controls tab, Premiere no longer shows the changes realtime, but only after half a second. For instance: I drag the "position" parameter to slide the image upward, and then it takes half a second before the change is executed and visible. Looks like I swapped one problem for another...

Any suggestions to what might cause this? Is there a solution? I already tried to reset the Preferences (alt-Startup), to no avail.

I'm on a MacStudio (M1) Ultra, Ventura 13.4, Premiere Pro 23.6.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Studio Zandman,

Sorry to hear about this. Are you using a multi-monitor setup? If so, have you tried a single monitor setup to check if it's working properly? Also, is it happening with all the projects or a specific one?

Note: Moving the thread to Discussions to continue troubleshooting.

Thanks,

Sumeet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sumeet,

Thanks for the suggestions. I will be able to test them tomorrow and will get back to you with the results.

Best, Harald

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 14, 2023 Sep 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Sumeet,

I tested some of the options you suggested and these were the results:

3 monitor setup (AppleStudio Display via Thunderbolt, EIZO via HDMI port, EIZO via thunderbolt to DisplayPort)

Large project (233MB) with lots of assets: big lag when manipulating Effect Control parameters, very slow reaction time

Smaller project (55MB) with fewer assets: no lag

Smaller project (44MB) with few assets: small lag, not very noticeable

2 monitor setup (AppleStudio Display via Thunderbolt, EIZO via HDMI port)

Large project (233MB) with lots of assets: lag, but smaller (quicker reaction time)

Smaller project (44MB) with few assets: didn't try

1 monitor (AppleStudio Display via Thunderbolt)

Large project (233MB) with lots of assets: small lag, noticeable

Smaller project (44MB) with few assets: didn't try

The odd thing about the smaller projects is that one has lag and the other hasn't. They were both created in 23.1.

Hope this helps!

Best, Harald

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines