• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

EDL Importer?

Apr 26, 2010 Apr 26, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am not sure the SDK is the proper way to do so, but I'd like to import a set of media files collected in a simple text file, similar like in an EDL import. I looked at the sample code for the importer but it doesnt look like this is possible with the importer interface, or am I missing something?

What other option would be suitable? I thought about creating a xml premiere project file but have not found a schema definition so far.

Regards

Sebastian

TOPICS
SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 26, 2010 Apr 26, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sebastian,

The importer API described in the Premiere Pro SDK is not designed to import sequences of clips like an EDL.  Starting in Premiere Pro 4.0.1, Final Cut Pro XML files are supported.  So you could generate these XML files to represent your sequences, and import them into Premiere Pro.   Check out the Premiere Pro help for an overview of this feature.  You can also check out the documentation on this format.  Note that PPro 4.0.1 supported v4 of the XML format, and PPro 4.2 adds support for v5 of that format.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Nov 09, 2010 Nov 09, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Zac Lam,

I have a question. Once we generate Final Cut Pro xml file with all the info to import, how can we ask Premiere Pro then to import this xml? Is there any API function to do this within the plugin SDK?

Thanks,

Paul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Paul,

There's currently no API or scripting mechanism to programatically tell Premiere Pro to import such an XML.  If you'd like to make a feature request, go ahead and submit it here: http://www.adobe.com/go/wish

Thanks,

Zac

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and no way for cross-application communication? Like Apple Events on Mac, or OLE objects on Windows?

We can get main window of Premiere Pro on Windows, what if we send some special message to it using PostMessage(..) function? Or imitate drag-and-drop event?

Thanks,

Paul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 10, 2010 Nov 10, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Paul,

You may be able to pull it off by simulating a drag and drop event, but it will be hard to make it completely reliable.  You'd need to know where the Project Panel is located in the main frame of the Premiere Pro interface.  And if the Project panel isn't visible, there won't be a place to drag the XML file to.

Zac

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 10, 2010 Nov 10, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Zac,

just one more question, please,

We create plugin for CS4, based on SDK example, but have some problems with memory now. If we compile original "Synth_Import" project with flag

importInfo->setupOnDblClk = kPrFalse;

when we double click on imported clip, it will show it in preview window - and it's fine (that's what we want). But if we navigate in that window or just play the clip we experience HUGE memory leaks. In task manager we can see that memory is growing during playback without any limits. If we navigate in preview window and play the clip again and again, Premiere Pro can get bigger than 800 Mb for no reason.  What should we do? Does it happen because we don't delete some pointers after such messages as imImportImage ?  Or is it PP cache issue? If cache issue, can we ask PP somehow not to use so much memory?

Thank you very much,

Paul.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 11, 2010 Nov 11, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Paul,

We've strayed pretty far from the topic of EDL importers.   In the future, please start a new thread for new topics.

I'm seeing a memory issue with the Synth Importer too.  It seems to be related to the fact that the Synth Importer uses the imImportImage selector, whereas almost all other importers use imGetSourceVideo selector.  In my testing, when I switched to using that selector instead, as demonstrated in the SDK File Importer sample, the memory issue went away.  When I get a chance, I'll retest this in CS5 and log a bug on it if it still occurs.

Regards,

Zac

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines