• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Encoding Problem

New Here ,
May 02, 2019 May 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Morning everyone, I keep getting this message when trying to export my edit in Media Encoder. and when I try to export in PP it just crashes. Have been a user for several years and just can't work this one out.

all help appreciated.

A low-level exception occurred in: H.264 (Exporter:9)

Export Error

Error compiling movie.

Export Error

A low-level exception occurred.

Writing with exporter: H.264

Writing to file: C:\Users\paulw\Videos\ITV & Uni Update 3.mp4

Around timecode: 00:00:00:00

Component: H.264 of type Exporter

Selector: 9

Error code: 3

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Paul,

Are you able to export just part of your timeline? Are you able to export other formats eg. DNX MXF, QT?

Unofficial Premiere Pro Troubleshooting Guide

^ Try the items in step2 first^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mike was correct about asking if you can export parts of the sequence.

Normally that warning  ... including a time stamp ... means you need to go to that spot and figure out what is causing the problem.

Sometimes simply undoing and reapplying some effect works.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try exporting to another drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 14, 2019 May 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi paulw16886556,

Please let us know if you were able to solve the issue you were facing with export. If you are still facing the issue, please try to switch the Renderer to Mercury Playback Engine Software Only and check if it's exporting properly.

FAQ: How to change the Video Renderer in Premiere Pro?

Thanks,

Sumeet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 09, 2020 Jun 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I am having the same error! When I try to switch the renderer like Sumeet suggested, then it freezes and becomes non-responsive. 

Anyone able to resolve this yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to your Preferences/Media dialog, and uncheck the "Enable hardware ... " option shown underlined in red in my image below.

Neil

Preferences Enable Hardware Encoding.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Neil, you have saved the day!! Thank you 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2020 Oct 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much, Neil. I have been having this problem since I downloaded Premiere Pro. Your suggestion solved the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 24, 2020 Dec 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Neil. For some reason, my "Enable hardware... " option displays two H264/HEVC listings. One includes an system-checked box for my Nvidia cards, the other is unidentified. Both options were checked. I suspected a conflict and unchecked the latter. Sheer luck, but no more errors now. I have no idea why both were checked, Afterburner shows normal GPU activity.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 24, 2020 Dec 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some of the newer video cards have better capabilities built-in for long-GOP encoding, and many newer CPUs do also. So there can be two options on some systems now.

Choices choices choices ... but what do they do differently? You just have to try each separately.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Dec 26, 2020 Dec 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Micheal,

You might have the opton to use the Intel CPU's IGPU. It is good to have Nvenc and Quick Sync both. Quikc Sync is part of the IGPU. The new Intel IGPUs are supposed to get a revamp and so is the Quick Sync module. As Neil already stated try them both out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 27, 2020 Dec 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting idea, Andy, but I'm on AMD's platform — Ryzen Threadripper 1950x. The dual H.264/HEVC listing issue began following routine Premiere and Nvidia driver updates to current versions. I have no idea whether this may be a factor, but selecting only the Nvidia option returned full performance. Other threads suggested corrupted video files or Mercury hardware assist. Thankfully, Neil led me to the the real culprit. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Dec 27, 2020 Dec 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I usually beat Neil to the punch with a video tutorial but not this time. Even though you have the solution you might still like the video. It will show Intel's Quick Sync in action. I use Quick Sync over Nvenc because Intels Quick Sync keep my CPU and GPU cool. Soon Intel's Quick Sync will support more variations of H.264/265 than the AMD and Nvida GPUs. There is still a reason to get an Intel CPU in 2020/2021.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 27, 2021 Jan 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Nimm OpenCL ans Studio Driver Download

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines