• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Encore CS6 Missing Library Files Update

Community Beginner ,
May 17, 2012 May 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe posted a solution for the missing Library content for Encore 6. http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/multi/library-functional-content-missing.html 

I have not treid it yet.

Ed

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 172 Replies 172
Adobe Employee ,
May 29, 2012 May 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This upload contains multiple language packages. We're working on breaking it into multiple language packages that can be downloaded separately, at considerably reduced size.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, that is a good idea, since I just unzipped the Premiere content and saw that all the languages were all mixed together.  What a mess!  I certainly don't want to go through and laboriously delete all but the English content.

BTW, where should the Premiere content be copied?  We apparently do not have the option to point to the templates in the Premiere preferences, and the issue post doesn't bother to give us install instructions for Premiere.

When I'm marking the Issue as helpful or not, you guys need to add a third option of "He#% no!" 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The document now includes links broken out by language. English is about 1.7GB now. Should be a bit more manageable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone had any success downloading the Encore english library? I have tried several times with no success. The download runs at ~2MB/sec and dies ~450MB.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No luck here either...The Encore DL is still broken and no one has addressed the Premiere issue pointed out in #24 (zoon_unit) above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried downloading the German Encore Library with the same failure. Come-on Adobe folks it is time to stop guessing and solve the problems. It is not rocket science.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The download keeps dropping at about 1.2GB for me. Maybe try when fewer people are accessing the servers?

As a general observation, the Adobe website and forums seem surprisingly sluggish whenever I access them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So what are the ESD customers supposed to do? We are still seeing the same procedure as before with the same file size. Has this been updated or should we be using the update feature in the software? Please make this plain, it seems everyone is confused about what is going on with size and install problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can Adobe PLEASE fix this already??????  Thousands of Adobe programmers can churn out some of the most complex and powerful software in the world, and they can't even set up a simple zip file download?

I've spent HOURS today trying to download the many versions of these files with no luck.  Regardless of which browser or download app I use, the Encore download stops at about 460 mb's.

And I STILL can't get an answer about the Premiere files.  Will there be language versions for Premiere too?  If not, is there a guide as to which files to delete and which to keep if I just want English language templates?  And where do the template files go?

I'm sorry guys, but any jr. programmer should be able to zip up some files and place them on a server.  I do this all the time as a web developer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 30, 2012 May 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I successfully downloaded the files today.  The EncoreContentEnglish unzipped into a folder of the same name containing the file en-US.7z.  The PremiereProContent unzipped in a folder of the same name containing a Premiere Pro CS5 Data which contained a templates folder and a .ds_store file.  Two questions remain:  What app do I use to unzip the Encore  en-US.7z file to create the Encore lib and where do I install the Premiere Pro files? THanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe are you reading these comments? INSTRUCTIONS PLEASE!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used Stuffit to expand en-US.7z. On a Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I will install "7 zip" in win  7 to unzip the .7z file. Did the downloaded 7z file also include the same library contents as the library shipped with Encore or did you have to install the downloaded library contents over the the top of the currntly linstalled library?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The files in the extracted Premiere content are still multi-lingual.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you can follow these steps to download and unzip the library content -

1)Download the full functional content on your system (.7z files)

2)Download unzip utility for .7z format

3)Extract the files to any desired location on your computer

4)Launch Encore and point the library to the location where you have just extracted the FC files.

• For MAC goto Encore->Preferences->Media .Browse to the Library folder of the FC which you have extracted.
  • For Windows got Edit->preferences->Media. Browse to the Library folder of the FC which you have extracted.

5)Click OK.

6)The library files will be loaded

Also, the library content contains all the files which were provided with the CS6 FC .

Thanks,

Shuchi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow. That's a lot of work. Of course, I can't seem to even unzip the zip file. Is there something special about the zip that windows can't natively unzip it? do I need a special zip utility as well?

Jonathan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

.7z is a 64 bit format and it provides better compression. Yes you need a utility to zip unzip .7z files. There are many free utilities but I have tried the ones mentioned in the post above and they work for me.

-Shuchi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2012 Nov 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see the zip file in my downloads.  I click on it, and I get "Unable to expand "EncoreContentEnglish-1zip" into "Downloads". (Error 2 - No such file or directory.)

So near and yet so far.  On the other side of the screen sits my Unarchiver Preferences box.  (Mac user here)  Anybody get past this point?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wait....now I got it to go into the unarchiver utility to attempt an unzip....  Oh no, new error message - "There was a problem while reading the contents of the file "EncoreContentEnglish.zip": Data is corrupted".

The fun never ends. 

Anybody get past this point?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

new error message - "There was a problem while reading the contents of the file "EncoreContentEnglish.zip": Data is corrupted".

I don't know if we'll hear from a mac user on this or not. Most of the recent activity I'm recalling is PC.

First, what is the exact filename of your download - in your two posts here, there are two different names. We need to be sure we are dealing with specific files. What is the specific size? (it should be something like 1,797,741,681 bytes.) It is the same file for Mac or PC, but I don't know if the operating systems read it any differently. So I can keep track, when that file is extracted (to en-US.7z) it is 1,797,742,592 bytes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2012 Nov 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The file name on my downloads bar is "EncoreContentEnglish-1.zip"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the exact size? As with Michal's situation, we need an educated guess as to whether you have the whole file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know because I can't open it.  It doesn't say what the file is in it's zipped self on the download rack.  It's just a yellow zip file.  without properties except name.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see. On windows, you can right click on a zipped file, select properties, and see what the size of the zipped file is. (Not the contents, just that file.) But that will tell us whether you have the whole file.

I agree with your question to Michal re a download manager as an option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, the mac is frustrating that way.  If I click on it at all, it attempts to open.  As far as I can tell, there is no right click here.  We'll see if Michal has any words of wisdom for me.  Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines