• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Encore CS6 Missing Library Files Update

Community Beginner ,
May 17, 2012 May 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe posted a solution for the missing Library content for Encore 6. http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/multi/library-functional-content-missing.html 

I have not treid it yet.

Ed

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 172 Replies 172
Advocate ,
Jun 22, 2012 Jun 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See if your Styles folder has these sub-folders in it?

encore.JPG

In those folders are .psd and .psdloc files.

Make sure preferences are set to locate the library

location.JPG

After going through 3 differing .zip routines, I had folders all over the place. I just looked until I found the ones with content in them [most did not] and copied them to the library folder.

My Encore now has the library content - - - BUT >>

The Premiere template list scrolling issue remains.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Mar 11, 2013 Mar 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This added the templates for me, and styles, but not any buttons.

I tried running the installer using SUDO OPEN in OS X, and tried running Encore using the same, but I still just have some templates, and none of the buttons or anything else shows up.

I am running OS X 10.8.2 and CS6 Cloud on my MacPro 2x2.26 Ghz.

- Jonah Lee Walker
Video Editor, Colorist, Motion Graphics Artist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Running the installer that gives you the basic templates is step one. Now use the following to get all the library content:

http://helpx.adobe.com/encore/using/download-library-content.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I said earlier, I tried everything and never had results until I utilized my ISP help for the long haul.  Several calls to support led me where I needed to go in the end.  Installers, managers, none of that helped with the real issue that was apparently mine.  It sounds to me that there are problems with this lurking everywhere - who knows which particular one is yours..  Thanks to this great forum there are folks that can direct you to different possibilities, but tenacity and intelligence are your only hope.

Good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

nadine, your experience seemed unusual. Most users, once they downloaded a valid file, have been able to get the full content. Some mac users needed to use a download managers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 30, 2012 May 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Downloaded, unzipped and unarchived, then installed via Preferences > Media, but not a single file showed up in the Library.

Help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jun 03, 2012 Jun 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I finally managed to get the Premiere Pro title templates installed but as

10. DearlG, states the template list is messed by. The list does not scroll properly.

EncoreContentEnglish.zip downloaded

Followed instructions to the letter.

All content in Library Panel is messed up - some missing, some not showing properly.

None show inside the panel listing.

The Menu button, for example, pop up in a looooong listing outside the panel and in a generic listing with a white background.

Nothing there can be loaded into a project.

Gonna be on the phone to Adobe Tech in the morning.  I just signed up for a year subscription and I want my $$$$ worth.

NOT a happy customer at the moment - and I've been one since early Macromedia days, through CS4 Master Suite and including Lighroom versions 1 thru 4.1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 04, 2012 Jun 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Neox99 ,

I downloaded English encore functional content , unziped it and set path in encore preferences , it worked absolutely flawless .

All menus , buttons appear fine.

Please follow instructions at :

http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/multi/library-functional-content-missing.html

I hope it will help.

Thanks

Minu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 04, 2012 Jun 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have now installed CS6, and also had no problem with the Encore content n Minu's link.

I will say that "Solution 1" must be used for download installs (rather than Solution 2).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 15, 2012 Nov 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've downloaded that Premiere and Encore content and nothing showed up in Encore. Then I solved it just renaming all the files that had a "loc" in extension and removed it. All "psdloc", "emloc" and "m2vloc" are now "psd", "em" and "m2v". The folders involved are Lybrary and Styles. Now everything appears as content in my Encore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 16, 2012 Nov 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting find Jeider.   Can anyone else comment on this?  I've looked after installing the Additional solution: Install the Resource Central library content from http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/multi/library-functional-content-missing.html.  After doing this there is a LOT of styles now.  My question is, do we also need to do as Jeider has pointed out to add the "loc" content to the library as well.

Why is this not just a part of the Encore Installation?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Morning, All....I am on the CS6 Cloud and an update was applied several weeks ago, through the cloud, and it has completely resolved these issues with Encore CS6 as well as the title templates issues with PPro CS6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here DearlG.  I found the only way to get it all back is to follow all of http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/multi/library-functional-content-mi ssing.hml

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DearIG, which update are you refering? 6.0.2? I updated my Encore to that version yesterday, but I had solved the library problems already (as mentioned before). If I have to reinstall it someday I'll check if it solves the problem without having to rename everything.

dkardell, I did that renaming method twice, in Windows 7 some months ago and now on Windows 8, both with the same problem. Worked pretty fine on both.

Pehaps I haven't found anything wrong with Premiere. There are many Title Templates and stuff inside.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The "About" currently shows...

Encore CS6 - 3.0.2.004

PPro CS6 - 6.0.3(001(MC:264587))

This is from a CS6 Cloud sourced update. I had tried some of the early "fixes" that Adobe provided with less than satisfying results. Being in a hobby environment with no committments for delivery, etc, I opted to just wait until Adobe finally issued a fix for all the issues in En & Pr. Apparently, the recent patch recreated/overwrote the previous folder iterations. All is well now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Encore CS6 - 3.0.2.004

PPro CS6 - 6.0.3(001(MC:264587))

Apparently, the recent patch recreated/overwrote the previous folder iterations. All is well now.

Those are the same version numbers I have, and I am a disk, non-cloud, install. I don't believe any of the updates would have installed/changed the library setup in Encore. (The content involved is a 1.7+ gig download.)

There was an issue with the Premiere template viewer that could be fixed by an update.

Are you sure you have the "buttons" etc in the Encore library, or just full menu templates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Stan...

As to Encore...All elements (except "images") in all categories are visable and seem to be more plentiful than in the previous, early fix that I applied. I did not rename any files, only folders in the structure as old/new as appropriate. I haven't been through the folder folder structure since the update.

The Premiere issue was with the "new title from template"  that the title directory was bad in that it would only scroll to a certain point then the elements below that point could not be viewed/used.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As to Encore...All elements (except "images") in all categories are visable and seem to be more plentiful than in the previous, early fix that I applied. I did not rename any files, only folders in the structure as old/new as appropriate. I haven't been through the folder folder structure since the update.

The Premiere issue was with the "new title from template"  that the title directory was bad in that it would only scroll to a certain point then the elements below that point could not be viewed/used.

Excellent!

The Premiere title template problem was very annoying. Good to hear it is fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've downloaded that Premiere and Encore content and nothing showed up in Encore. Then I solved it just renaming all the files that had a "loc" in extension and removed it. All "psdloc", "emloc" and "m2vloc" are now "psd", "em" and "m2v".

The regular downloads for the additional functional content and the extended (buttons etc) for Encore, do not require renaming any files, and I find no occurrences of "psdloc" etc. The only google results I see for this are from torrent downloads. Where are you seeing the psdloc files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 17, 2012 Nov 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Stan Jones wrote:

I've downloaded that Premiere and Encore content and nothing showed up in Encore. Then I solved it just renaming all the files that had a "loc" in extension and removed it. All "psdloc", "emloc" and "m2vloc" are now "psd", "em" and "m2v".

The regular downloads for the additional functional content and the extended (buttons etc) for Encore, do not require renaming any files, and I find no occurrences of "psdloc" etc. The only google results I see for this are from torrent downloads. Where are you seeing the psdloc files?

Those "loc" files are (were) located in Encore installation folder under the folders Lybrary and Styles (and their current subfolders).

I think the problem was with Encore initialization of the Lybrary content. Some content it has initialized and worked without having to do anything (all Halloween content worked without any intervention). So when I investigated those folders I've noticed that all content (except Halloween) had those "loc" on filename extension. Changed it and voila!

I've downloaded all the content directly from Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 25, 2014 Mar 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had this problem ecently although Encore CS6 has ben installed for years. It is only since I went Windows 8 and CC. The Library and Styles structure was still in place, but with 'loc' in the extension. Removing loc has fixed it - THANKS!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I bought subscription for the Adobe Premiere Pro in order to be able to use Encore CS6 and make DVD authoring including multilanguage subtitles.

However in the Encore library there is no functional content. I tried to download it, but all the zip files I download are corrupt, the message that is displayed is that the zipped file is empty.

I tried methods indicated at all these links:

http://forums.adobe.com/message/1802590#1802590

http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/multi/library-functional-content-missing.html

When I log in to my Adobe Account and try to download I only can download the Adobe Premiere Pro Cs6 itself, there is no link to additional materials like functional content.

What can I do? Please help.

Thanks, Michal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your first link is from 2007. The procedure now is different; you do not need to log in; the downloads are not part of what you access through your account.

Zip downloads do occasionally show up as corrupt or empty. Just download it again. This is not a special issue for Adobe or this missing library problem. Out of one to two dozen times I have downloaded this material (most to test whether the files are still there and working), I have gotten empty or corrupt zip files.

The top section of your second link has the "functional content" install that involves two different installers after you download and extract: one for Premiere and one for Encore. Do this first; it installs some material that I do not believe is in the later download.

The bottom of the second link and the third link get you to the same download that provides the more comprehensive library for Encore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2012 Nov 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Than you Stan,

I downloaded the:

Windows files 734 MB

as well as

English / Spanish

many times using two different computers.

And each time I got the mesage: the file is invalid / empty.

I use windows 7 / Windows XP plus TugZip

I will try to download it once again, a sixth time mayby, but is there any other solution? It seems that the files on the server are broken.

Thanks, Michal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 18, 2012 Nov 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just downloaded the 734 MB file from the first link. It is PremiereProCS6ContentWin.zip

I am using Win7;the file shows as 734 MB.

Extracts with no problem.

Is the file you downloaded 734MB?

The unzip utitlity that is part of Win7 should have worked.

It shouldn't matter what browser you used, but something is going wrong, and I'd suspect both of those issues - the download is being cached by your browser and that needs to be cleared to get a good download. And/or the unzip utility is having a problem with this file. (Inside the zip is a folder; inside the folder is a .exe file and a .7z file. This .7z is uncompressed by the .exe, so does not require anything special. The .7z in the file from your second link requires you to install 7-zip.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines