• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Encore CS6 Missing Library Files Update

Community Beginner ,
May 17, 2012 May 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe posted a solution for the missing Library content for Encore 6. http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/multi/library-functional-content-missing.html 

I have not treid it yet.

Ed

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 172 Replies 172
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2012 Nov 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, the files I downloaded had the 734 MB size

and i tried to open them using either Windows 7 unzip utility or the program called TugZip

in the last case I could see that there was this .7z file inside, which normally should be opened by the Tugzip (i usually use tugzip for compressing to 7z files)

but i could by no means open it,

the result was: empty / invalid

I tried downloads with Chrome and Firefox, i will try again clearing the cache,

i searched on interntet, there were some complaints about it, but found no solution till now,

thanks for help

M.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess the most probable reason of this error is that the files do not download in their entirety (although a few times it seemd I had the 734 MB downloaded), I mean they download only partially and therefore there is the error while unzipping them. I have no idea how to resolve it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess the most probable reason of this error is that the files do not download in their entirety

Try a different internet connection? Try a download manager? FYI, the file shows as "734 MB (769,662,976 bytes)"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I should have thought about it earlier Download manager. I will try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you once again Stan,

the solution was the use of download manager. Let me put it in capital letters for those who has a similiar problem and look at this page:

IF YOUR DOWNLOADED ZIP FILE WITH PREMIERE PRO OR ENCORE CONTENT IS INVALID / EMPTY

IT IS BECAUSE IT WAS NOT PROPERLY DOWNLOADED (SOME PARTS ARE MISSING)

IN SUCH A CASE JUST USE A DOWNLOAD MANAGER TO DOWNLOAD EVERY PART OF THE ZIPPED FILE

in my case it helped

The download link (for those who search for it)  is

http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/multi/library-functional-content-missing.html

best regards,

Michal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Congratulations!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2012 Nov 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you tell me specifically which download manager you used?  I've never needed anything like that before so the whole concept is new to me.  Also, do I ask it to manage the ziped file specifically or is it like unarchiver and detects the need to manage?

Thanks much

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is frustrating! Sorry I don't any better options. Good luck on finding a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for help anyway I guess I have to find somebody with the Dvd of the program, I assume the content is there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess I have to find somebody with the Dvd of the program, I assume the content is there.

I don't think it shipped on the DVD version. I had an upgrade/download only, so I cannot check.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2013 Mar 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Download full library content from this page: http://helpx.adobe.com/encore/using/download-library-content.html  and follow the instructions on the page.

Everything will be there in Encore CS6, buttons and all...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 01, 2013 Apr 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Downloading now. Took three hours to download the menu templates. This is taking another three to four hours. Six-seven hours for a complete library. Files are not big but my speed is being severly capped (adobe?)

Just want to say honestly this really sucks. I've seen threads about this going back to 2003. This very thread was started almost a year ago.  Seriously? I dread using Adobe for the next project having forgotten all these hoops to jump through  That's just a fact.. It will again be literally days of sitting and reading forums like this just to author another five minute blu-ray. Time is money. I'd rather be out doing.....anything.

Let ya know if it works....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree that it is painful, but I don't think it needs to be that painful. I just downloaded both files again. (I have done this many times, as part of testing and helping on the forums.)

By "templates ," I assume you mean the basic library, Encore and Premiere styles etc. 734 MB. It took me 35 minutes. I have a DSL connection testing today at 11Mbps download, and the download (from the blogs.adobe.com btw - don't know why these files are hosted there), is only running at 240 - 360 KB/sec).

The full Encore library is 2.7 Gig. This took 2 hours 8 minutes.

I don't know why yours are taking so long, but I hope you only have to download them once!!!

Let us know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Stan I don't know why the instructions / explanations are not somewhere. Does everybody go through these steps?

1) Download a non-working verson of Encore. No explanation / instructions.

2) Search internet forums to find what's wrong. Find adobe's template page if your lucky.

3) Download / install templates.

4) Open Encore to find its still not complete. No explanation / instructions.

5) Search internet forums to find what's wrong. Fin Adobe's full library page.

6) Download / install full library. Yay it works 10 hrs later.

Why after all this time (years?) is it not possible to download a full working version.

More importantly why is there no direct link to the missing files and ALL of them.

Trying to help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why after all this time (years?) is it not possible to download a full working version.

More importantly why is there no direct link to the missing files and ALL of them.

The method for providing "functional content" has varied over the years. While there have been a variety of problems in each version, this is the first release with this particular set of complications. In previous, recent releases, the library (complete) was part of the install.

Many users have no problem with installing a working version; it is only the library that is an issue.

I suspect Adobe is trying to sort out how to reduce the size of downloads as more programs are delivered via download, and the Encore full library is over a fourth of the entire CS6 Production Premium.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After playing 3 hours of  Gran Turismo everything works. Steps are below (about 8 hours for me)

1) Download & install Premiere Pro to get Encore:

http://www.adobe.com/products/encore.htmlhttp://

2) Downloaded & install Functional content templates here:

http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/multi/library-functional-content-missing.htmlhttp://

Download & install full library from Stan's site

http://helpx.adobe.com/encore/using/download-library-content.htmlhttp://

Maybe you can skip 2 becase a lot of those files were replaced during step 3 but what the shit do I know.

Hope this thread helps some one. It helped me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe you can skip 2 becase a lot of those files were replaced during step 3

Step 2 installs Premiere styles, and Encore styles and Flash templates, none of which are provided in step 3.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 03, 2013 Jul 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is SO unprofessional.

First, the complete lack of QC while testing the initial distribution is appalling.

But then, to make users go through this.  Search forums... random hit and miss about how to solve this.  "Try this download".  Some have install options, Some don't. 

Download this 700MB+ file.  Try it.  Nope, no luck.  Ok try this 2GB+ download. Hmmm... no documentation, so let's guess as to where to copy things.  Should we overwrite?  I dunno... maybe rename, and hope for the best?  Well, there is a third one to download... but we're working now... should we still try it?  Who knows... unclear what is included.

Hours of downloads.  Delayed projects.  Wasted time.  Confusion and frustration.

Utter nonsense.

After being subjected to this, Adobe now wants me to upgrade our five licenses to a "subscription for life", pay-every-month-forever business model?  No Thanks.  Fix the products and EARN the upgrade... don't extort it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jul 03, 2013 Jul 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe the reason for the missing Library files when CS6 was released was that they were not ready, and the wait was delaying the release of Premiere CS6 itself.  Be that as it may, there is no possible excuse for the mess that Adobe made when they did release the files.  And now well over a year later there is no change to the mess!

As you say, so unprofessional, but unfortunately also, so Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 28, 2015 Jul 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how do i transfer it into adobe encore after downloading it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 29, 2015 Jul 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't. You put it in the directory where Encore is looking for it.

The best current link for Encore only (does not have the Premiere Pro content) is:

Encore Help | Download full library content/functional content

The default is set here:

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Encore CS6\Library

You can change it in Encore preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 08, 2015 Sep 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I love you all ❤️ . Thanks so much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 08, 2015 Sep 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

We love you too! Pay it forward.

I can't believe how long this thread is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines