• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Encore error code 3 vas file

Community Beginner ,
Aug 10, 2018 Aug 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried consistently importing and re-importing, changing file names, moving where files are located, or destined, I have re-encoded the film twice today and still getting the same error code, it would seem adobe no longer support this software fully, how do I go forward here? I have a client waiting on a Blu-ray disc of their wedding.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guide , Mar 13, 2019 Mar 13, 2019

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Stan+Jones  wrote

A great point Neil. I pointed out the ampersand in post 3, and I don't think we ever heard how that poster fared.

But in the many tests that followed, simple, legal filenames have a problem. I can find no difference (e.g. MediaInfo) between a 2017 file that works, and a 2018/19 file that does not.

And fascinating that Win 7 compatibility works.

Fascinating - and I suspect bloody infuriating for those affected.

There are 2 other solutions I can give t

Votes

Translate

Translate
Enthusiast ,
Sep 27, 2018 Sep 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks for your reply.

Media Encoder and Premiere Pro CC2018 always load/update as separate sw applications in Creative Suite - so I assume only Media Encoder needs fixing?.

If latest Media Encoder  is now producing H264 Blu Ray files that are not compatible with Encore 6 which one is wrong?.ie Encore not recognising latest compliant H264 files correctly - or they are not fully compliant files out of Media Encoder?.

Surely there is an industry standard to which H264 encoded BluRay format video files should comply ?.

I'm just trying to get my head around how such a fundamental problem would not be found in software QA testing for Media Encoder.

Incidently, yes it was a _ves extension file (not vas) extension that failed in the AuthorScript Session files in my case.User input error !!

Going back to PP CS6 now to produce my video is a non starter. Its a time waster.

I did use PP CS6 and Encore 6 late 2016 to edit my daughter's wedding and produced Blu Ray discs with no trouble.

I think whllst Adobe may feel the age of Blu Ray physical media is dead - well, there are some of us who still need to produce them now and again for clients and physical distribution etc,

Streaming services are fine in theory but here in UK, the public broadband system runs on wet string !. In some regional areas you are lucky to download 1 to 2 Meg/sec.

If anyone has any future update/ news on the 'fix' & clarification for this - it will be welcome to all in this Forum discussion thread I think,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 17, 2018 Sep 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just ran into this problem. Created a BD image last Friday no problem. The next day, having upgraded PremPro and Media Encoder to the latest verions, I got the above error on a new BD project, so obviously the h.264 Blu-ray files from Media Encoder no longer work with dear old Encore.

But I got around the problem by importing non-standard h.264 files (non-standard for Blu-ray) into Encore and letting it transcode them itself. I imported one small 720p file and a large 4k (2160p) file.

I expected Encore to spit them out but it dutifully transcoded them both (took a couple of hours) and created an image file from which I successfully burnt a Blu-ray disk. And the quality was unexpectedly very good.

So it turns out that if you work in 4K and routinely export 4K files from your edit, then you can just throw them at Encore without having to bother with the h.264 Blu-ray export - bonus!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for reporting. I think the problem most users have gotten with the h.264 files in PR 2018.1.2 is not being able to import. Yours imported, but then on build you get this error?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correct. The files imported OK but the image build failed. I can build a new Blu-ray image using h.264 Blu-ray files generated before updating Media Encoder, but not after.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correct for me too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Sep 28, 2018 Sep 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So after reading your post and all the thread from 11th August I just wanted to post that last night I tried re-encoding using Mpeg2 Blu Ray and tweaking the bit rates.

Result - it worked. I Created an iso file and just then right clicked on it in Windows 10 and burned a disc.

Using Mpeg 2 was not such an issue on this occasion as I had plenty of room on the Blu Ray disc - but for projects where you are nearing your limit on capacity, then H264 is best as it is a more efficient compression codec of course.

Obviously if the client wants H264 blu ray format then are stuck for now until Adobe issue a fix.

So this should be classified as a 'work-around' for now I think and we still need the correct H264 Blu Ray  fix from Media Encoder 2018 V2 !!!!!, now probably 2019 ?.

Picture quality from my test disc was very good as I was able to use max bit rates.

I will escalate this issue directly with Adobe as well.

Maybe this is of some help to others.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 28, 2018 Sep 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, thanks for reporting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 03, 2018 Oct 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same Problem at the Moment.

Please let us know some new informations...

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The bug still exists. What file type are you importing to Encore, and from which PR version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OSX Mojave

Premiere 12.1.2

Encoder 12.1.2

I import *.m4v und *.wav

Preset for h264 BD and VBR with high bitrate

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i reencode the videofiles in encore (h264, bitrate max.).... takes a few minutes but works!

This is unfortunately twice the work and time 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 04, 2018 Oct 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem.  Very aggravating.  Is there a way to go revert back to old Prpro and media encoder before the latest updates?  Is it the media encoder causing the problem or both>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I re encoded my video 10 min of a 1hr 25 min video file using only the (h264 30 bitrate) made an mp4 and brought that into encore and just burnt a blu-ray no menus to see if it would work and it burnt fine.  I used the blu-ray disc option in encore instead of creating an iso file.  Normally I create an iso file, but i was getting the error going both ways.  it burnt the disc looked great.      

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As long as it looks good, you're okay. You should be able to build to an image also.

The downside is that Encore is taking your file and re-transcoding. When using this method, the Encore "transcode settings" are important. There are other methods for getting the intermediate file that may increase quality. This is more likely to be important if the movie is filling the disk.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 05, 2018 Oct 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know if this will help anyone, but my original encoded file created under the latest version of Premier Pro and Media encoder I kept getting the Encore Error code 3.  I transferred the file to my iMac brought it into Encore time line and burned a successful iso file.  No Error code 3.  I'm now going to create my menus and see what happens.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No:( i use iMac und MacBook with latest Premiere and Encoder. I have always error 3 ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It worked on my system.  On my Mac I have Encore 6.01.013 and on my PC I'm running version 6.02.004.  I created an iso file where it would not on my PC.  If it starts to give error code 3 does reverting back premier pro and encoder earlier version work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Walkertx  wrote

It worked on my system.  On my Mac I have Encore 6.01.013 and on my PC I'm running version 6.02.004.  I created an iso file where it would not on my PC.  If it starts to give error code 3 does reverting back premier pro and encoder earlier version work?

When you imported to Mac, did Encore transcode it?

FYI, both versions (Mac 6.01 and PC 6.02) are the latest. There was an issue with PC 6.01 and an update was issued for PC only.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It transcoded the original file that was created on my pc using the latest updates in premier pro and encoder.  On my pc the same file would get error code 3.  I tested just the file on my pc in encore and I got error code 3.  When I transferred it to my mac desk top and ran it in encore it transcoded without any errors.  I just finished building all my menus and now I'm transcoding the entire project to an iso file.  keeping my fingers crossed.  IF I get an error code well it won't be pretty.   LOL.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 04, 2019 Apr 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Running Encore and PP 13 build 225. Compatibility set to Win7 definitely works. So if you do not bother to set it, do it. It seems not PP or Encore but Win issue then. MS is pushing new builds very fast right now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 05, 2019 Apr 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is still broken in the latest release of Media Encoder 13.1 for Mac.  Unbelievable.  What a nightmare.  ADOBE PLEASE FIX!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Walkertx  wrote

I'm having the same problem.  Very aggravating.  Is there a way to go revert back to old Prpro and media encoder before the latest updates?  Is it the media encoder causing the problem or both>

Yes, present for both PR and AME exports.

In the Cloud desktop app, you can install a previous version. You can install PR 2017.1.4 (which I believe will install AME also) or pick just AME 2017.1.4. In the app, click the arrow to the right of "open," then pick "manage" and then "Previous versions."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep - I have the 2017 versions on my desktop but problem is my Preniere Project from 2018 will not import into PP 2017 so can't do anything with it.

If you have a project on which you have spent loads of time then you are a bit stuck. So cant use the 2017 versions

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JonesVid  wrote

Yep - I have the 2017 versions on my desktop but problem is my Preniere Project from 2018 will not import into PP 2017 so can't do anything with it.

If you have a project on which you have spent loads of time then you are a bit stuck. So cant use the 2017 versions

You have to export a file from 2018 to import to 2017. A lossless intermediate or similar is best.

Here is a list of options I've identified and posted in a different thread:

Install PR and/or AME 2017 and use them to create the H.264 Blu-ray format export,

Use MPEG2 Blu-ray from PR 2018,

Export a regular H.264 (not H.264 Blu-ray) using higher bitrate to maintain maximum quality - and then let Encore re-transcode it,

Use a lossless intermediate from PR and let Encore transcode, or

Frameserve.

Yes, it is still a pain....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines