• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Encore error code 3 vas file

Community Beginner ,
Aug 10, 2018 Aug 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried consistently importing and re-importing, changing file names, moving where files are located, or destined, I have re-encoded the film twice today and still getting the same error code, it would seem adobe no longer support this software fully, how do I go forward here? I have a client waiting on a Blu-ray disc of their wedding.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guide , Mar 13, 2019 Mar 13, 2019

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Stan+Jones  wrote

A great point Neil. I pointed out the ampersand in post 3, and I don't think we ever heard how that poster fared.

But in the many tests that followed, simple, legal filenames have a problem. I can find no difference (e.g. MediaInfo) between a 2017 file that works, and a 2018/19 file that does not.

And fascinating that Win 7 compatibility works.

Fascinating - and I suspect bloody infuriating for those affected.

There are 2 other solutions I can give t

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Nov 04, 2018 Nov 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you ever get Audrey's idea to work for you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Haven't had a chance to test yet. BTW, it is cazare's idea: what I tried to say (Google speech to text!) was "but odder things have happened before..."!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Note; did not work for me... FYI, the H.264 Blu-ray file I used was a new export from PR 2019.0.1.

Edit: the problem reported, and that all users who reported on this were experiencing, was that beginning in PR version 12.1.2, if you used the H.264 Blu-ray format to export, from PR or AME, the resulting file imported to EN and showed "do not transcode" (for the m4v), but the build (burn, image, or folder) resulted in the identified error. A few users early in the discussion got errors (or hangs?) upon import, but that did not affect most of us. MPEG2 Blu-ray still works. H.264 Blu-ray exports before 12.1.2 also work okay.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Nov 10, 2018 Nov 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for info about Pr 2019.0.1 version - and problem still existing. No point downloading it as users on the PP forum also complain of other instability issues on this new version.

It would be useful for Adobe Snr Product Management for AME/Premiere Pro to comment on this thread about H264 Blu Ray export - at the moment users are left asking questions without answers.

If we had a sensible response (ie the problem is acknowledged and will be fixed) the thread could be closed.

Do you know how do we escalate this ?.

I am working on a project at present where Mpeg 2 may not address size of material for the disc and I will not sacrifice quality.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2018 Nov 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So my instance was probably a coincidence I managed to convert 4 projects into an ISO file before getting the error again. I read in another forum thread recommending to run the program in compatibility mode.

I tried that and it worked for me. I hope this fixes it for me for good.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 19, 2018 Nov 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

maybe for windows users - for me on osx there is no comp. mode .... i think this is no good solution

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Nov 20, 2018 Nov 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for suggestion. I will try a test project running Encore 6 in Compatibility mode on Windows 10 and report back - but I think the permanent fix is for Adobe to take some action and fix the H264 BluRay export on AME.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 24, 2018 Nov 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm seeing the same problem (on Mac). It appears to be caused when Encore decides that it must transcode the file.

I exported from Premiere using H.264 BluRay HD 29.97FPS Interlaced and told Encore not to transcode, but it did anyway and then barfed with the error. I'm currently re-exporting the asset at 23.97 Progressive (which will take another 6 hours); I already tried that with a shorter clip and it seemed to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Nov 25, 2018 Nov 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your observations

Can you go to this link below and vote for this bug to have higher priority

Just click on the 'vote button' and add a comment if you would like to

Link :

Fix errors in H264 Blu Ray encoded files - AME 2018 – Adobe video & audio apps

I added this item to this Forum which reports Bugs to Adobe and New requested features

The _ves bug  is a pain for all of us who create Blu Ray discs with H264 export - and wasting our time !

......  Maybe we can send a collective invoice (for all our wasted time) direct to Adobe Accounts

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 06, 2019 Mar 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today's latest update does not fix the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 06, 2019 Mar 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just got off tech support and they said it is a known issue and they are working on it and a future update will address it.   sigh... it's only been nearly two years now...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Mar 07, 2019 Mar 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the update and checking the latest updates.

Seems we could wait a long long time for this to be fixed......

Its very clear Adobe are more focused on developing new features that look good on the marketing brochure rather than fix problems that customers are using and paying for.

If anyone else has an update on this problem on H264 Blu Ray encoding failing on latest Premiere Pro releases then please update us

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 09, 2019 Mar 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just as a reply to this issue on my Windows 10 PC

I also encountered this error - I normally use CC 17' for importing\building in Encore but one of my filters seems to be faster on CC 19' (the very latest update) so I encoded 5 approx. 30 minute files using CC 19' and upon building in Encore I got the same error.

I noted the file it got the error on (1 of the 5) and transcoded in Encore, upon the next build it passed by that transcoded file fine but got the error on the next in line file (2 of 5). So instead of transcoding that one I re-started Encore in "Windows 7" compatibility and using Administer Rights (it was already set previously) I was bale to build the image no issue within Encore using those same files.

So I'm not sure if it will work again the next time for me on a different file or if it works for you, but in a pinch it may be able to be something to at least try first.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for reporting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me too!  Having Windows 10, I shift-right clicked to select "Troubleshoot Compatibility" then tried Windows recommended settings, which selects Windows 7 mode for Encore.  I retried the latest Premiere CC2019 released earlier this week and it made the H.264 Blu-ray with no hitches!  Thanks kepico@!!!  Adobe, if you read this--there is the problem.  Encore or Media Encoder needs to use the settings from Windows 7 (whatever that means ... I'm not the code developer 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 10, 2019 Mar 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I reported to the link at any rate because this is definitely a bug w\work around.

Just to be sure I did a fresh encode of a H264 file with some different parameters from prior files and 1 hour in length from CC 19' made a basic BR layout in Encore and it again had no issue in Encore building the final image.

So this appears to work at this time to some degree, I'm not sure if it will work for everyone or for every file I encounter though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thx for doing these tests. I’ll also be doing some tests as I am still running a 1703 version of Windows 10 and have quite a large H264 based blu ray project coming up soon.

I think right clicking on the Encore.exe file properties box allows you to permanently assign this to be launched in Windows 7 mode run as administrator, assuming you are the system owner/ manager.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!  I learned something today!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 21, 2019 May 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've found success!

I'm running Encore as Administrator and with Windows 7 compatibility enabled. The very same files that presented the error built fine!

For future use, I've adjusted the properties of the Encore shortcut in my start menu. On the 'Compatibility' tab, I enabled "Run this program in compatibility mode for Windows 7", and turned on "Run this program as an administrator".

I hope this solution is successful for other users too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 02, 2019 Jun 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem with the latest Version 13.1.2 (Build 9). Adobe doesn't have a clue how angry their users are about their buggy software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 27, 2019 Jun 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Finally I found the way to burn a blu-ray.

Right click on m4v file and choose Transcode settings.
Change H264 to MPEG-2.

Then right click again on m4v file and click Transcode Now.
Wait until the transcode is done.

I usually choose Build Image instead of Disc. (I couldn't make image file with H264.)
Then I build a Blu-Ray disc from iso data.

I hope this will help somebody's procedure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jun 30, 2019 Jun 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are correct that Mpeg2 will infact allow you to produce a disk. You can infact encode into BluRay Mpeg2  direct from the Premiere Pro timeline.

The downside is if you have a large set of video files H264 is much more efficient to help squeeze more on a disca dn maintain decent quality.

I have re-escalated this BluRay H264 build  issue again into Senior Adobe support and I really hope that we see a fix sometime.

Any fix has to be to address the issue with the latest H264 Blu Ray files - not in Encore as we know that is out of support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines