• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Endless Beach Ball in Premiere Pro 2021

Community Beginner ,
Jul 14, 2021 Jul 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I open projects in Premiere Pro 2021,  I get a beach ball and have to force quit to get it to stop. I have tried uninsalling, deleting preferences, nothing is working please help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 14, 2021 Jul 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[Moderator moved from Using the Community (forums) to Premier Pro.]

Please ensure your computer meets or exceeds the minimum system requirements to run Creative Cloud + OS + all other apps you use. Check each one.
- https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/system-requirements.html

Assuming the computer systems are all good.

Which operating system do you have?  Please be specific.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 15, 2021 Jul 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there!

Sorry to hear that. We can get this checked.

Let us know.

Thanks,

Kartika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 05, 2021 Aug 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue as the OP. I have uninstalled and re-installed the program. The only way I can get the project to open is by importing it into a new project. But as soon as I close that project, then the error happens again upon re-opening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have now deleted preferences and it seems to have worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update: Unfortunately I closed the project and have just tried to re-open and I'm facing the same issue again. This after deleting preferences and setting up Premiere back to how I like it. Incredibly frustrating experience during a paying job. This is hours of wasted time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 25, 2021 Aug 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

So after deleting my preferences this problem persists. I have found one work around though and that is to change the name of the folder where the footage is stored (in finder). This makes the footage offline when opening the project, but when I re-link it, the project works.

Still, this does not fix the root of the problem, but hopefully it could help Adobe find the bug?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 04, 2021 Oct 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Get a bit too hard to answer, did it Kartika?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 05, 2021 Oct 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Renaming the source folder for my footage has now become a part of my 'workflow' every time I open a project. It's just ridiculous really because that means I'm relinking footage every time as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 31, 2021 Oct 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

3.5 months later and I've downloaded the latest version of Premiere and I'm still having the same issue.
I thought perhaps trying to delete preferences again was worth a try, but I've done that and my projects still won't open unless I change to fioler name that the footage is stored in and then go through the process of re-linking footage.

When will this become a priority for you to fix? Please, my patience is running thin here, I can't continue with these kinds of issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 31, 2021 Oct 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Typo. *unless I change the folder name.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 04, 2021 Oct 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have had this issue from the start of 2021. Absolute garbage again, thanks Adobe.
Not sure what the point of software is if you can't even open a project?

I have done the exact steps as described here and still no result. 

The issue is opening previously opened files on startup. If you create a new project in 2021, it will open fine. Then, if you go File-Open Project, it will open the file it couldn't magically moments earlier.

AT OVER $70AUD A MONTH, THIS IS NOT F****** GOOD ENOUGH ADOBE. WHEN WILL THIS ISSUE GHET FIXED? 2027?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 06, 2021 Oct 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We understand this is not ideal. Would you mind testing the issue after resetting the preferences? FAQ: How to reset (trash) preferences in Premiere ... - Adobe Support Community

Let us know the outcome.

Regards,

Shivangi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there Shivangi

I have tried resetting preferences and it worked for opening the project once.
However the problem returned the following time I opened the project.

And now the problem persists on every. single. project!

Nothing just opens as it should. Every time the beachball comes up, it's ridiculous.
The only workaround I have is documented above...

I have to rename the source folder for my footage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Shivangi,

As mentioned in my post, I have already done this.

Several times actually.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled several versions of 2021, currently 15.4.

These re-installs have both been attempted with and without importing settings from the previous install (using the install prompt in creative cloud).

No issues with 2020, whatsoever.

You guys will have to do better than a pass the buck "Did you try deleting preferences?" 

Hey, how about a discount on my account to make up for the time it is going to take me to completely rebuild my system? No doubt that's going to be the only way to fix this issue, and you guys seem to be okay with billing exorbitant prices for bug ridden software time and time again. So, what say it?

Instead of me losing income troubleshooting your software, that I'm still paying you for, how about you pay for my time to fix this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2021 Oct 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can verify that beach ball persists after deleting prefs. 

It seems like it's having issues with the file system. I tried to save my project and it won't save. It's just spinning. Playback was frozen as well. Tried deleting media cache. It hangs doing that as well. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 13, 2022 Apr 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue with Adobe Premiere Pro 2022 April update (like today).

Please... what is the fix???  Every project I am currently working on WILL NOT OPEN without hanging... I literally CANNOT EARN MY LIVING

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK deleting the preferences worked but now I have to reset my workspace... Grrrrr

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try these exact steps, in order:

1. Launch Pr from a shortcut (Dock, Launchpad, Desktop) while holding down the Shift+Opt keys.  Opt resets prefs and Shift clears plugin cache.
  2. Keep the keys pressed until the main program window appears.
  3. Before trying to open any project or starting a new one, go to Preferences>Media Cache and delete *all* your media cache files.
  4. Now try opening a project or starting a new one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 14, 2022 Oct 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I Was having the same issues as everyone above, and this solution was the only thing that worked for me! Thank you so much. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 14, 2022 Oct 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

not sure what version you're on but the very latest Premier (2022) has this problem solved, no need to trash preferences or use a workaround. If you want a solution without upgrading or trashing preferences, try opening an empty project first (e.g. I have a basic template project I use that has 1 image file and a bunch of folders), then open your target project and cloe out the first one and game on!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 18, 2022 May 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi there, so it's May 2022, I'm using Premier/Ae 2021 for my work on a Mac (Big Sur) and have the same issue.

My 'solution' is to reset my preferences every time I load Premier. This is a waste of my time, not to mention the daily panic.

I heard a TON of complaints about Pr 2022 being unreliable, so not interested in the boilerplate response of 'upgrade to the next version'. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would also like to add that it's totally shameful that there's no posted solution to this. Everyone else's suggestions are ultimately stopgap solutions.

Why am I paying for software that I have to trash preferences just to get it to load?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since relatively few users are having this issue (reference the Pr 2022 UI topic), I suspect this is Pr having a bad reaction to whatever is going on in your system.

Please note that not one person in this thread has listed their system specs, attached hardware or OS version. I guessed Mac because of the "spinning beach ball" description and because one person mentioned the Finder.

"This doesn't work" is not a good basis for troubleshooting. You're correct that you shouldn't have to reset your prefs every time you launch, but that's not a common situation and so should be solvable given enough information.

Until more info is forthcoming, may I suggest a random fix attempt by going to Preferences>Audio Hardware and setting Default input to No input?

FAQ: What information should I provide when asking... - Adobe Support Community - 3929027

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 18, 2022 Jun 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for this info, Jeff.

For the edification of anyone else who's encountering this problem, I followed most of Jeff's suggestions (cleared plugin cache, deleted media cache files, & set audio input to no input) and it seems to have solved the problem for me.

The problem came out of nowhere today when I tried to open a project I'm working on. Again, taking the aforementioned steps seems to have fixed the problem without the need to trash my preferences.

My specs:

Premiere Pro 22.3.1 (Build 2)

2019 16-inch MacBook Pro 2.3 GHz 8-Core i9 running macOS 12.4

32 GB Ram

AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 8 GB graphics

Most of the footage is XAVC S

Mercury Playback GPU Acceleration has been on throughout the entire process

Hope this helps someone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines