• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Essential Graphics Not Working

Explorer ,
Feb 12, 2022 Feb 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am completely confounded by Essential Graphics. I am working in Premiere Pro 2022. I am trying to
add a title to a still image. This 200 year old image just happens to use a font that Adobe Fonts
offers, called Altesse Std-regular 24 pt. I was able to write in this font, change it to Faux Bold,
move it around, adjust the size, etc. ONCE. When I tried to do it again in a separate title clip
I couldn't adjust anything. The writing was stuck in Faux Italics. I clicked on every arrow, T or
anything else I could think of.

I only had 2 text files open, the first one and the failed one. It was not as if I had accidentally opened a bunch of text files, and lost track of which one I was in. Very strangely, when I tried to type, hitting keys did not produce letters, but keyboard shortcuts!

So I saved the project and restarted my computer, which, as you know, often fixes many issues. When
Premiere came back on, the first Altesse words I had written now appeared in a sans serif font that
looked like Arial. In the Graphics Panel under Effects Control, Source Text showed Altesse, but it was
in brackets. I don't think it was before. Clicking the down arrow in Source Text should have opened the
whole list of fonts, but it didn't. It opened a window called "filter" which was empty.

I would be as happy as a 5 year old on Christmas morning to go back to Legacy Title, but Legacy won't
accept new Adobe Fonts. Can someone please explain what is going on, or at least tell me how to reset
Essential Graphics to default and start over?

TOPICS
Effects and Titles

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 13, 2022 Feb 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 13, 2022 Feb 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Deactivate font

Reboot

Activate font.

See how that goes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 20, 2022 Feb 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried, but after reactivating the font, I couldn't even find it in the font list.  Thanks for the advice, but I just went to Photoshop and had the work done in a few minutes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After reactivating, you will have to restart Premiere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I found with some version of Premiere Pro (can't i.d. which right now), that when Photoshop is opened at the same time as Premiere, you cannot change fonts in Premiere. It seems as if Photoshop has locked the fonts. Upon closing Photoshop, I could then change the fonts in Premiere. Don't know if that is the case with your dilemma, but worth a try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines