• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Essential Graphics shapes anchor differently on PC and Mac

Explorer ,
Sep 13, 2017 Sep 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Opening a project that was built on a Mac on a PC, I found all of the rectangles I created with the new Essential Graphics tools are misaligned. It appears the anchor point is different; also the scale. An example is shown below. The areas where white reaches to the edge of the frame show part of a rectangle that, on the Mac, completely covers the frame, serving as a background to the three images on the layers above. This means I cannot render the video from the PC, unless I change the location and scale of the rectangle.

If I have text with the graphics, sometimes it looks okay, sometimes it doesn't. Here is some text that was created on the Mac, but is now on the PC (verified there is no font substitution going on here - this is Minion Pro). I have selected one of the text lines to show the bounding box (text is left-justified).

Notice there is no scale issue with the image. Only with the text. Compare to Mac:

Screen Shot 2017-09-13 at 11.51.20 AM.png

What is going on with the compatibility of Essential Graphics between Mac and PC?

Kate

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 19, 2020 Apr 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I realise this is an old post but I just had a similar problem and was stumped.

I had two rectangles as animated title backgrounds and after clearing my cache all of a sudden every single rectangle for every single title was missaligned.

Switching the Set Scale Lock realigned the rectangle to where it should have been. Had to do this for every single one of my titles but much easier than going in and having to reposition. Hope this helps anyone who has this problem in the future.

White box is selected, there is an outline where the box should be but the white box appears totally in the wrong place.White box is selected, there is an outline where the box should be but the white box appears totally in the wrong place.

Screenshot 2020-04-19 at 12.14.51.png

Screenshot 2020-04-19 at 12.15.55.png

Switching the scale lock solved the problem.Switching the scale lock solved the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines