• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Essential Graphics - Unable to paste Key-Frames

Explorer ,
Sep 04, 2017 Sep 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have created a caption in Essential Graphics with separate text entries.  While I am able to move each separately using key-frames in the Transform - Position parameters, I am unable to copy and paste key-frames between each text entry.

Effects Window.JPG

Is this a bug and if so how do I report it?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try creating a separate graphic element for the additional text.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jim but when I created a separate second graphic but could only paste a key-frame from the first graphic to the top text layer of the second graphic.  Selecting the lower layers and then pasting only ever affected the top layer.  This looks like a bug to me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK.

Use the Position parameter under Motion instead.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have three separate elements in my Essential Graphics Caption and was seeking to set up basically the same motion for each element but stagger each element's motion my about one second.  My plan was to create a set of key frames on one element and paste them offset into the other elements.  I shall have to do as I used to do with the legacy title tool and create three separate graphics and (using your suggestion) use the position parameter under Motion, as regular motion parameters can be copied and pasted without problems.  I will not post this as a correct answer, as the inability to paste key-frames between different elements within a new essential graphic has got to be a bug?    

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It might be a bug.  But as this is new code for titles, it might also be "not yet implemented".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 18, 2017 Oct 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is annoying! Must be a bug but It still works in Legacy titles. Another option can be placing as much as possible keyframes on a layer and copy the layer afterwards and then change the layer options.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 02, 2018 Feb 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still hasn't been fixed...Anoying

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 26, 2018 Feb 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cant believe you cant keyframe parameters in essential graphics. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 03, 2019 Jan 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

AfterEffects is great, but not all of us are able to install or upgrade our own software in our workplaces so expecting us to install extra software to do basic copy/paste functions is not a solution! Can't copy keyframes or save presets when this is the place I want to copy effects the most. Following for any future suggested work arounds.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines