• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Essential Motion Graphics Template Text Gray/Grey

Community Beginner ,
Aug 06, 2022 Aug 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am new to Premiere Pro and purchased some Motion Graphics Templates to do titles. All of the purchased templates I have do not display the text in the actual color. They all seemed to be gray. I purchased templates from a few different platforms, including the Adobe Stock Essentials.

It's important to note that the built-in templates work just fine.

I included a photo here. Why is it grey? Why are they ALL grey?  Notice the text in the photo. The color is supposed to be white and I confirmed that it's white. I even tried rendering, no difference. 

Screen Shot 2022-08-06 at 10.29.30 AM.png

TOPICS
Effects and Titles

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Beginner , Aug 06, 2022 Aug 06, 2022

Some playing makes me think it has something to do with blending with the other layers. For example, if I delete the content in the lower layer, the text color is white. Once I put it back, it goes gray again. It's like there is some sort of blending of layers or opacity of something. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Aug 06, 2022 Aug 06, 2022

Okay, I solved it. There is some problem with the sequence settings. I created video in the iPhone 12 Pro Max and it has some unique color palette or settings that was setting the color for the sequence. When I create my own sequence and force the iPhone video to conform to the sequence settings, then it works properly (the color on my iPhone video is off though). 

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We'd need to see the controls of at least the EGP, if not the ECP also. So a screen grab would be very useful.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! Here's the whole screen.

Screen Shot 2022-08-06 at 2.24.18 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to the Text 1 Color at the bottom of the EGP, and set a color there, see if that works.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah. it's set to white. Doesn't matter which color I use. It's like "gray." It's like there is a gray mask or filter over every MOGRT that was imported.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some playing makes me think it has something to do with blending with the other layers. For example, if I delete the content in the lower layer, the text color is white. Once I put it back, it goes gray again. It's like there is some sort of blending of layers or opacity of something. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, I solved it. There is some problem with the sequence settings. I created video in the iPhone 12 Pro Max and it has some unique color palette or settings that was setting the color for the sequence. When I create my own sequence and force the iPhone video to conform to the sequence settings, then it works properly (the color on my iPhone video is off though). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For nearly all work, you should be using a Rec.709 sequence, and ... if the iPhone is set to HLG/HDR, you need to select those clips in the Project panel, right-click/Modify/Interpret Footage, and set the Override value to Rec.709.

And maybe set the iPhone back to shooting Rec.709/SDR media for now.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Excellent clarification. This is exactly correct and everything works as expected now. I was able to hack it the old way by increasing the brightness of the element as a work around.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 27, 2022 Dec 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey! Can you show us how you solved it please? I'm having the same problem. Thank you so much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2023 Jun 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interpreting clips and modifying their color ruined all of my other clips so instead I selected the element that appears grey'd out and used Lumetri Color settings to change the LUT of the element to a 709 profile which seems to have helped a great bit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 20, 2023 Jun 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Users need to handle the color management stuff prior to doing any corrections on a timeline. And often, doing color corrections without having everything "Interpreted" into the proper sequence color space will backfire on export.

As what looked ok in the timeline simply using Lumetri controls to change brightness levels does not work on exporting.

If it does, great. Don't count on it though.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines