• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Essential Sound Panel causes huge 8 second playback lag

Community Beginner ,
Jul 06, 2017 Jul 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a basic 4 minute timeline with MXF files from a C300MKII. UHD footage with a single interview dialog track and a couple music tracks. I'm on a beefy PC with an i7 7700k cpu and a 1080ti GPU. Footage is running off a G-drive raid at 500 megs/sec through thunderbolt. I am using the most current versions of Win 10 and PP CC.

Everything plays perfectly until I start to use the Essential sound panel. I've applied the dialog type, unified loudness, and some clarity (dynamics processing). Now it takes nearly 6-8 seconds for the playback to start after hitting spacebar or the L key. It has become terribly laggy and impossible to use. This includes after rendering. Even moving the playhead on the timeline it takes 6-8 second to update the image in the viewer. When I try to render only the audio, instead of a process bar it just starts paying the timeline from the top sort of how After Effects handles audio. It's very frustrating. If I remove the E-Sound filters then everything goes back to normal and playback is fine.

Thanks for any help in advance.
I've tried:
• Restarting
• Clearing cache
• dumping all render files

- Copy and pasting into new timeline.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 17, 2018 Jan 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to add to this much later down the road. I am now using an entirely new PC with 16cores and 128gigs of ram on SSD storage... editing with r3d and prores media shot on an Epic-W.

As soon as I use the Essential Sound Panel the 6-8 second lag starts. If I remove all the ESPanel changes i did it goes back to no lag at all.

This is obviously a terrible bug Adobe.  9 months later there is still no fix. What the hell?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 23, 2018 May 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having very similar problems

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 26, 2018 May 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same issues here. Agree. Essential Sound is utterly unusable.

Has anybody else had this issue? It started for me after introduction of Essential Sound panel.

Vocal Enhancer Bug?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines