Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export 1hour long video, is 24 bytes

Community Beginner ,
May 02, 2020 May 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hey everyone!
I am extremely frustrated once again with our beloved premiere!

After 4 times, of 5 hour long export my 1 hour duration video is again 24 bytes!!!!!!!!!

I have tried couple of different versions. 
No difference
H264 --- Youtube 1080
H264--- Adaptive high bitrate

The weird thing is that if I only choose  a small portion of the video, it is actually working!
it is extremely strange
Any thoughts?

TOPICS
Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Feb 02, 2022 Feb 02, 2022

so I was having the EXACT same issue yesterday and I fixed it by clearing some space on my ssd.
The video was going to be about 3 Gb after being exported and I only had around 7 Gb of free space on my ssd.
So, I cleared about 30Gb of space and that's it! The video was exported in Full HD, with no additional problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is a print screen of the export settings

as well as the file settings
premiere.jpgfile settings.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you sure its the same file: names are different.

4W3A6072 opposite yin yoga 1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yeap, I renamed the file before the export 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use queue instead of export or v.v.

uncheck max render.

Bad habit to export to desktop, use a dedicated folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is a bad habit of mine, but I always export there and then put it the archive in each project. Why is it bad though? What does it affect?

And also, when you say v.v.? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2020 Oct 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone found the solution?? I'm having the EXACT same problem. Exporting one hour video takes 25 mins, but the resultant video is 24 bytes. I've tried 5 times now. So frustrating!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 26, 2022 Dec 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A unica solução que eu encontrei foi migrar pra versão mais antiga, premiere 2023.0, a versão 2023.1 ta bugada!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 28, 2022 Dec 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Eu estava enfrentando este problema há vários dias e realmente voltar na versão 2023.0 resolveu. Obrigado.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2023 Mar 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Estava tendo o mesmo problema e após ver vocês falando sobre a versão do premiere eu atualizei o meu para a versão 2023.2 e consegui exportar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2021 Apr 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue. And Yeah, it's frustrating.

[profanity removed by moderator]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 29, 2021 Apr 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are the complete computer specs, including hard drives (how many, what kind, what is on each, what capacity, and how full)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 10, 2021 Sep 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 01, 2022 Feb 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the exact same issue. Output is exactly 24 bytes after waiting 2 hours for exporting to complete. My specs are Ryzen 7 5800X CPU and GTX 660 Ti GPU, 16GB RAM. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 02, 2022 Feb 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so I was having the EXACT same issue yesterday and I fixed it by clearing some space on my ssd.
The video was going to be about 3 Gb after being exported and I only had around 7 Gb of free space on my ssd.
So, I cleared about 30Gb of space and that's it! The video was exported in Full HD, with no additional problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 18, 2022 Feb 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confirm that this worked also for me ! thank you for the tips

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 12, 2022 May 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, this fixed the exact same issue for me too.

I had plenty of space for the resulting .mp4 file but I have a hunch that Prem temporarily uses more space than is needed for the file itself to compile the audio and video streams together. Like maybe there's a moment in time when both the finished file and the 2 separate streams both exist or something?

Either way, thanks very much for posting this. You saved my morning/day!

This needs to be the top answer.

Any maybe Adobe could put a helpful error message in there - ie: "Export failed - Try again on a disk that has more free space"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 04, 2023 Jan 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This did not solve it for me. I've got plenty of free space and even if I make room for more, it still won't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 14, 2024 Jan 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Export in Quicktime and then re-export the MOV file as MP4

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 18, 2022 Feb 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See the response of João22952814bsnc

at the bottom of this page, by increasing storage space on your pc, it should work then !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 03, 2023 Jan 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello guys,

I was also having this problem on 23.1 to export a project in H.264 and the final file is 24 bytes. I solved it by changing the enconding method under video settings. Rather than use hardware, I chose software. It will take longer to export but It works and It doesn't loses quality.

I believe this may be a hardware's problem (NVIDIA here) and it's drivers on our side, rather than a adobe premiere problem.

Anyway, hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 04, 2023 Jan 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem and I can confirm that anything rendered on the Hardware Encoder has this bug. Though, it is not in every project. Sometimes it is, sometimes it isn't. My last projects had that bug for about 75% of the time. 

More importantly though, Software Encoder ONLY works on CBR & VBR 1-Pass. VBR 2-Pass still won't work on those projects, even with Software Encoder enabled.

Since this did not come after a driver update, I do think it's an Adobe bug (as always). And yes, I've tried updating everything, I've got enough free space and reset/cleared cache/and so on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 10, 2023 Jan 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just run into same problem.
the work around with software encoding seems to work but i suspect its the nvidia drivers that make problems. i started the day with no issues, updated during the day and now the bug appears. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 10, 2023 Jan 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update, still doesnt work with media encoder. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2023 Feb 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nice dude! it worked with changing the encoding method!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines