I am extremely frustrated once again with our beloved premiere!
After 4 times, of 5 hour long export my 1 hour duration video is again 24 bytes!!!!!!!!!
I have tried couple of different versions.
H264 --- Youtube 1080
H264--- Adaptive high bitrate
The weird thing is that if I only choose a small portion of the video, it is actually working!
it is extremely strange
this is a print screen of the export settings
as well as the file settings
Are you sure its the same file: names are different.
4W3A6072 opposite yin yoga 1
yeap, I renamed the file before the export 🙂
Use queue instead of export or v.v.
uncheck max render.
Bad habit to export to desktop, use a dedicated folder.
It is a bad habit of mine, but I always export there and then put it the archive in each project. Why is it bad though? What does it affect?
And also, when you say v.v.?
Has anyone found the solution?? I'm having the EXACT same problem. Exporting one hour video takes 25 mins, but the resultant video is 24 bytes. I've tried 5 times now. So frustrating!
A unica solução que eu encontrei foi migrar pra versão mais antiga, premiere 2023.0, a versão 2023.1 ta bugada!!!!
Eu estava enfrentando este problema há vários dias e realmente voltar na versão 2023.0 resolveu. Obrigado.
Estava tendo o mesmo problema e após ver vocês falando sobre a versão do premiere eu atualizei o meu para a versão 2023.2 e consegui exportar.
I'm having the same issue. And Yeah, it's frustrating.
[profanity removed by moderator]
What are the complete computer specs, including hard drives (how many, what kind, what is on each, what capacity, and how full)?
I am having the same issue
I'm having the exact same issue. Output is exactly 24 bytes after waiting 2 hours for exporting to complete. My specs are Ryzen 7 5800X CPU and GTX 660 Ti GPU, 16GB RAM.
so I was having the EXACT same issue yesterday and I fixed it by clearing some space on my ssd.
The video was going to be about 3 Gb after being exported and I only had around 7 Gb of free space on my ssd.
So, I cleared about 30Gb of space and that's it! The video was exported in Full HD, with no additional problem.
I can confirm that this worked also for me ! thank you for the tips
Yep, this fixed the exact same issue for me too.
I had plenty of space for the resulting .mp4 file but I have a hunch that Prem temporarily uses more space than is needed for the file itself to compile the audio and video streams together. Like maybe there's a moment in time when both the finished file and the 2 separate streams both exist or something?
Either way, thanks very much for posting this. You saved my morning/day!
This needs to be the top answer.
Any maybe Adobe could put a helpful error message in there - ie: "Export failed - Try again on a disk that has more free space"
This did not solve it for me. I've got plenty of free space and even if I make room for more, it still won't work.
I was also having this problem on 23.1 to export a project in H.264 and the final file is 24 bytes. I solved it by changing the enconding method under video settings. Rather than use hardware, I chose software. It will take longer to export but It works and It doesn't loses quality.
I believe this may be a hardware's problem (NVIDIA here) and it's drivers on our side, rather than a adobe premiere problem.
Anyway, hope this helps.
I'm having the same problem and I can confirm that anything rendered on the Hardware Encoder has this bug. Though, it is not in every project. Sometimes it is, sometimes it isn't. My last projects had that bug for about 75% of the time.
More importantly though, Software Encoder ONLY works on CBR & VBR 1-Pass. VBR 2-Pass still won't work on those projects, even with Software Encoder enabled.
Since this did not come after a driver update, I do think it's an Adobe bug (as always). And yes, I've tried updating everything, I've got enough free space and reset/cleared cache/and so on.
I have just run into same problem.
the work around with software encoding seems to work but i suspect its the nvidia drivers that make problems. i started the day with no issues, updated during the day and now the bug appears.
Update, still doesnt work with media encoder.
Nice dude! it worked with changing the encoding method!
I had this problem. My 2,5 hour video had an estimated size of 12GB but the file was 24 bytes. I had nearly 1TB space left in my drive. Even when I tried to export just one minute of the video, the file was still 24 bytes and didn't work.
I finally solved the problem by exporting the video to another external hard drive that had 4,5TB left. Video was succesfully exported.