• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export colors different between Premiere and Media Encoder

Participant ,
Jan 10, 2023 Jan 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Clients were complaining that the colors are "washed out" upon export, which, upon further investigation, is a color shift when I export with media encoder. 

When I export h.264 from Premiere directly, the color does not shift, however, the color significantly shifts when using Adobe media encoder. Attached are some screenshots. The first screenshot is what comes out from AME. The second from Premiere directly. Why would there be such a significant shift? 

color_shift_1.jpg

color_shift_2.JPG

My monitors are all calibrated, using NVIDIA settings high bit rate, full HDR color spectrum etc. I'm not a newbie at this. 

Latest studio drivers from NVIDIA, RTX 3090. 

Premiere v 22.1.2

AME v 22.0

Shooting BRAW, using BRAW 2.3 

Before you tell me to update everything -- it was working fine a few weeks ago. Why is there a shift all of a sudden? 

Thanks!

  

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 10, 2023 Jan 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the color space and management of clips and sequence?

Are any LUTs involved?

Do you have the same preferences set for Mercury Acceleration, and for H.264/5 hardware encoding and decoding in both apps?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 11, 2023 Jan 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Neil, thanks for the reply.

No LUT's. I am utilizing the Blackmagic RAW panel in Premiere, however. 

Mercury Playback Engine GPU Acceleration (CUDA) Is enabled in both programs. 

Color management is set to HDR Graphics White (Nits) 100% (Premiere), and tin AME I have "H265/HEVC Hardware accelerated decoding/hardware encoding) selected. Is there another color management section in AME that is not in preferences?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the Pr prefs for Hardware encoding/decoding also selected?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. Although it did look like "Display color management" was unselected in the GENERAL tab on PR. Not sure if that would have done it though. 

In PR: H264/HEVC hardware encoding/decoding was already selected. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DCM would affect how it looks in the Program monitor on many systems.

What's the BRAW panel you're using there? And the settings applied ...

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 18, 2023 Jan 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BRAW settings are just the adjustments in premiere working with blackmagic's codec. Here's an example of what the panel looks like. The setting should apply once altered here to the source clip. Unless there's some mismatch of communication between the RAW settings getting altered in Premiere and the Exported settings in AME? That sounds logical, but some settings absolutely do change from PR to AME when I touch/change these settings. 

color_shift_3.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Huh. Although I'm using the Autokroma BRAW plugin, I don't think this behavior should be different between the two plugins.

My only thought is to make sure both Me and Pr have exactly the same prefs settings for GPU use (project Mercury Acceleration dialog) and for H.264/5 stuff, the same encode/decode settings.

Past that ... I'm stumped.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, I've made sure they're all the same. I'm not using Autokroma, i'm using the direct BRAW plugin from BlackMagic. 

How come there's no real preferences in AME? 

"Import sequences natively" is on. GPU Accel is on. Preserve metadata is on. H.246/HEVC is on (both settings). 

Thoughts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try unchecking "import sequences natively" ... that at times fixes odd crud like this.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll give it a shot and reply here on the next batch of exports. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Feb 01, 2023 Feb 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello @CJCARNAHAN ,
If it does not work and if you want to check if it comes from the plugin you are using (Blackmagic RAW plugin here), you can try to use our Autokroma Third Party Plugin : BRAW Studio.

It has a Free mode now with the same features than the Blackmagic RAW plugin so you don't need to pay for anything. All you need to do is to : 

• Download BRAW Studio (no need to pay and no need to create account).
  • Install BRAW Studio and select yes when it comes to "uninstall the Blackmagic RAW plugin" (they are not compatible).
  • Open an empty Premiere Project, at the top menu : Window -> extensions -> BRAW Studio Panel - Then click in the "Toolbox" tab and convert your project started with the BMD Plugin (it should create a new project, so our original project stays the same. Don't open this original project while BRAW Studio is installed !). 
  • Open the new converted project and test it ! 

Further Notes:

• here is an article if you want to know what BRAW Studio has to offer with a "Premium" license.
  • here is an article about Differences between BRAW Studio and the Blackmagic RAW Plugin

Best,

Nicolas from Autokroma

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines