• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export Media produces blank movie

Community Beginner ,
Jun 28, 2018 Jun 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a recording of a webinar that I have edited to add other dialog and music.

It plays fine within Premiere pro but when I export media, no matter what format I choose, the movie is blank.

The export process looks good in the preview window. I can see the slides in the presentation advance as it renders.

What I and up with is about 30 minutes of a black screen with no audio.

Macbook Pro MacOS 10.13.5

Premiere Pro CC 12.1.1 build 10

Suggestions for troubleshooting or fixes?

I have created a new project from scratch for the same content with the same result.

Other projects from the past are working.

The source material for this project is an MP4 movie (video and audio) from a GoToWebinar, along with 3 different WAV files for additional audio.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 29, 2018 Jun 29, 2018

Try it. Some codecs do have frame-rate "issues". And if they're all slides, should be easy to do.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be nice to see a screen-grab of the Export Media dialog showing all settings used ... similar to what I've included.

Neil

Export Dialog.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As mentioned, give details if your export settings.

In addition - what effects, if any, have you applied to the video clips?

I'd suggest you try export a few minutes of the sequence, say at the start to see if that works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is the screen grab. I will do a test with a small segment.

premiere pro export grab.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's a really odd ... slow ... frame-rate. For a specific use?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was the export from the webinar. GoToMeeting generated the video file. Since it is only slides I suppose there was no need for high frame rate. I never changed it.

Can up up-sample it to see if that helps?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 29, 2018 Jun 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try it. Some codecs do have frame-rate "issues". And if they're all slides, should be easy to do.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, success!

I set the export frame rate to 24fps and everything looks good.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good to hear it has been resolved. Neil beat me to the suggestion.

It's always worth trying different settings and testing it on a small part of your sequence to see if it makes a difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You originally had a fractional export frame rate of 7.5 fps so that explains things

Thanks

Jeff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried exporting just the first 2 minutes with the same outcome.

The only changes I made to the video clip were to manually adjust the volume with audio keyframes and to cut off the beginning and end of the original recording. For the WAV clips I also manually ducked the music under the voice using the same method.

The video and voice over clips are all set as dialog with podcast voice. The music WAV is default.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 27, 2018 Nov 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Oh wow this is a lifesaver. Had the same issue with a Gotomeeting video and changing the frame rate fixed everything. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines