Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export multichannel mp4/h.264 with Adobe Premiere Pro CC

Community Beginner ,
Jan 16, 2015 Jan 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear community,

we currently test the Adobe Premiere Pro CC trial (German) on a Windows 7 Professional PC.

However, we are not succentful in exporting a multichannel mp4/H.264 clip.

We haven't found an answer on our issue so far, so I hope that this question was not answered several times before in this forum.

If we chosse the H.264 exporter, we cannot select a multichannel audio export (only mono, stereo, 5.1).

In contrary, if we select the Quicktime exporter, we are able to export our sequence with a 4 channel audio master with 4 mono tracks, but we can only export it with a DVCPro Codec in a mov container.

If we try to select a HD H.264 preset we get an error alert stating that the preset contains a not compatible video codec.

What are we doing wrong?

Thanks for every suggestion.

Thanks in advance

André

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2021 Jun 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how many channels does that export? However many channels are in the source material? I still don't see where we can adjust setting per track.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's only 2. Which isn't great but it's a start. The sequence needs to still be setup to bounce the tracks left and right, how you want it to go.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah the whole question and situation is geared around making an mp4 with multiple (more than 2) tracks as in taking a 10track, 120Gbs, Pro Res 422 studio master from Sony or Paramount and making a proxy that is small but retains its multiple audio tracks.  Unfortunately the studio decides how many tracks a media asset has so we don't have control on our end how the sequence is set up and cant change it.

At least that's my situation. I have to figure out how to crunch a huge file down into something small. Best thing I have found is just to make a quicktime proxy but even then sometimes the files are just too big.

Thanks tho.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, I tried Proxy too, but a feature film is still 70GB. You probably already thought of this, but a work around is exporting the separate tracks you need individually as WAV files. This usually works for my clients.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah when the file is too big even after making a proxy I run through DaVinci. Its the only software I have found that will do it. It sometimes doesn't preserve the start timecode but Its better than exporting everything separately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 16, 2021 Sep 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as getting a QuickTime ProRes422 Proxy file to a smaller size, have you tried reducing the Frame Size?  I usually go as small as 960x540 and if really, really tight no drive space or there's the need to keep the file as small as possible for file transfer to/from the cloud, I'll even go as small as 640x360.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I personally can't because we have to send our vendors HD video. Others may be able to but i can't. I have to send 1920x1080. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried using Apple Compressor?  It will require a custom preset, but you should be able to use H264 with multi-channel audio just like we use ProRes with multi-channel audio.

It's been forever since I've freelanced for Sony Pictures, but they'd set up an Aspera Share account for fast transfer of large files.  That, or we'd messenger mobile hard drives back and forth.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

isn't this post about multichannel audio? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, multichannel audio and the lack of support for it in the MP4 movie file wrapper.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 10, 2023 Jul 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

To add additional Audio Tracks / Subtitle files to a MKV video :

MKVToolNix 

Free and fast rendering tool

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines