• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export sequence error

Engaged ,
Nov 04, 2017 Nov 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got this error when exporting a sequence to YouTube 4K (pre defined Adobe settings):

AdobeExportError.jpg - Google Drive

It seems Adobe PP 12.0 is very unstable since it's recent release.  I've had to resort to using other workstation (Final Cut Pro) to get work done.  Is Adobe aware of their issues with PP 12.0? 

I know I'm not the only one after searching these forums there clearly seems to be some serious stability issues with the latest and greatest from Adobe.

I'm having lots of strange issues that simple aren't present in PP V11.0

1.  Audio only imports on valid video MP4s

2.  Legacy Titles causing major slowdowns during playback (i.e. so bad PP triggers a Not Responding)

3.  And now the above error

It would be helpful if Adobe at least acknowledge they're aware and looking into these issues.

Cheers, Rob.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 05, 2017 Nov 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here are some troubleshooting steps you can try.  Maybe something will help.

Unofficial Premiere Pro Troubleshooting Guide

If you find reproducible bugs, report them to Adobe directly.

Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I find your "unofficial" guide very condescending by starting out with the assumption errors are based on ignorant end users ... really?

Guide on how to work around Adobe's problems ... how about a guide on how to get Adobe to acknowledge any problems?

Just one acknowledgement?  I've yet seen any sort of official response from Adobe in the many years I've reported serious bugs in their products.  Some ultimately do get fixed several months later or maybe even a year later, but not a single acknowledgement to any end user(s) that have taken the time to report the bugs officially via their bug report form.

Anyway, I was able to "work around" the problem by removing a video transition (film dissolve) at the end of my clip and trim a few more frames off the end of my clip and then re-added the film dissolve.  But clearly this IS yet another PP 12.0 bug.

Rob.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I find your "unofficial" guide very condescending by starting out with the assumption errors are based on ignorant end users ...

It's not an assumption. It's an observation that's grown in frequency over the past several years.  If that doesn't apply to you, skip it.

Just as an FYI, I've seen Blackmagic staff say the same thing to folks new to Resolve.  It is expected that folks using software this complex read the full manual as a first step.  These programs are made for professionals.  Users should take that responsibility and be professional about it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how about a guide on how to get Adobe to acknowledge any problems?

That requires information I just don't have.  Sorry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jim,

I'm a software engineer (coding since 1981), I design, code, implement, and deploy real world business applications to a client/user community.  At no point in any of my process do I accuse end users of being ignorant.  If I did, I would be out of a job and my company would NOT have been successful and managed to survive 30+ years providing software and services.

It's unfortunate you feel that Adobe should be allowed the luxury to isolate themselves and hide behind "made for professionals" ... last I checked, professionals are human beings and most of us have very limited time to work around and with obvious bugs because we're under the gun to get things done. 

I have many hats in my company, from Director of Development (and lead software engineer and PM) to providing training videos for other professionals that want to use the SDK/API I've provided as part of our company services.  So when you come at me suggesting I'm not  a professional, I'm ignorant, and I have to jump thru a huge number of hoops to "try" and resolve an issue that shouldn't exist, you're not going to get a positive response from me.

The problem DOES NOT exist in PP v11.x, the problem DOES exist in PP v12.x.  So clearly something went wrong in code between the two versions.

Rob.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

when you come at me suggesting I'm not  a professional, I'm ignorant

I suggested no such thing.  I did specifically say if item 1 doesn't apply to you, skip it.

I include item 1 as the first thing on the list because of LOT of non-professionals are trying to use software above their understanding.  Their issues stem directly from their own ignorance.  They haven't read the manual.  They have no training in video production.  They have no idea what they're doing and yet expect to get it done without problems.

Life just doesn't work that way, man.  Unless you're the next Mozart, you won't be creating masterwork symphonies without study.  So when the music sucks because of lack of study, one needs to go study.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines