• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

export to m4a or other iphone ready file formats

Contributor ,
Jul 04, 2010 Jul 04, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

currently, I output to flash, then use a video converter to put it into m4a, which is annoying, time consuming, and annoying - did I mention annoying?

How do we use CS4 premiere to export directly to an iphone ready format? I can't figure it out.

Thanks!

Mark

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 04, 2010 Jul 04, 2010

Try this. Preset YouTube and tweeked with preset iPhone settings from CS5.

Did an export from CS5 and it worked perfectly, expect CS4 will be the same.

And yes the extention is mp4.

For good quality turn on Max Render Quality

export settings video iPhone.png

export settings audio iPhone.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this. Preset YouTube and tweeked with preset iPhone settings from CS5.

Did an export from CS5 and it worked perfectly, expect CS4 will be the same.

And yes the extention is mp4.

For good quality turn on Max Render Quality

export settings video iPhone.png

export settings audio iPhone.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you - the settings are under h.264.

What is "max render quality"- where do I set that setting! PLEASE! 🙂

Interesting. as I tweak settings, only some of them create videos that my iphone will accept.

640x480 is the largest size

Interestingly, I don't see any difference between the stock settings for
"apple ipod video large", with video bit rates of "target = 1" "max = 1.4" and

same settings but "target = 10" "max = 10"

the file size is 3 times larger, but the quality is indistinguishable when I put it full screen - is that normal?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the largest Frame Size that the iPhone accepts?

I know that earlier iPod Video units would only accept some pretty small Frame Sizes.

Good luck,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Dec 04, 2010 Dec 04, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

iphone 4:

• Video formats supported: H.264 video up to 720p, 30 frames per  second, Main Profile level 3.1 with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz,  stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats;
  • MPEG-4 video, up to  2.5 Mbps, 640 by 480 pixels, 30 frames per second, Simple Profile with  AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps per channel, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v,  .mp4, and .mov file formats;
  • Motion JPEG (M-JPEG) up to 35 Mbps, 1280 by  720 pixels, 30 frames per second, audio in ulaw, PCM stereo audio in  .avi file format

• Support for 1024 by 768 pixels with Dock Connector to VGA  Adapter; 576p and 480p with Apple Component AV Cable; 576i and 480i with  Apple Composite AV Cable

iphone 3g/s:

• Video formats supported: H.264 video, up to 1.5 Mbps, 640 by 480  pixels, 30 frames per second, Low-Complexity version of the H.264  Baseline Profile with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio  in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats;
  • H.264 video, up to 2.5 Mbps, 640  by 480 pixels, 30 frames per second, Baseline Profile up to Level 3.0  with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps per channel, 48kHz, stereo audio in  .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats;
  • MPEG-4 video, up to 2.5 Mbps, 640 by  480 pixels, 30 frames per second, Simple Profile with AAC-LC audio up to  160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats
  • Support for 576p and 480p with Apple Component AV Cable; 576i and 480i with Apple Composite AV Cable
...and keep smiling.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Never looked at the iPod settings in CS4 just copied from CS5.

Max.Render.Quality.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines