• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exported video not playing

Community Beginner ,
Jul 04, 2021 Jul 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I keep exporting my video (33 minutes long) and it will say that it successfully exported and the time stamps will show that the video is in fact 33 minutes long. But when I go to play the video, it will play and then stop at some point in the video and then start over again from the beginning. When I try to click the seek button passed that stopping point, the video will just restart. It's saying that the full video is exported but it's not and it won't play the full video. I have no idea what to do. 

TOPICS
Error or problem , Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jul 05, 2021 Jul 05, 2021

Try turning off Maximum Render Quality. You only need that when exporting to a size different than the sequence.

Try exporting someplace other than One Drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND , Jul 05, 2021 Jul 05, 2021

Change your Source Range to Entire Sequence.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It might be something with your system's player. You may want to import the rendered video into Premiere and see if plays fine in Premiere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It might be something with your system's player. You may want to import the rendered video into Premiere and see if plays fine in Premiere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just tried that, it's only coming up as the few minutes that actually play. So instead of being 33 minutes long, it's only 1 minute long 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• Also forgot to note that, I tried uploading it to YouTube to see if the full video would play and it didn't. It ended at the stop point. So instead of it saying that I uploaded a 33 minute long video, it said that I uploaded a 20 minute long video 🤦🏾‍:female_sign:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update: I tried to export it again and this time only one minute plays before it restarts. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please use the free MediaInfo and post a screenshot the properties of your media in tree view:
https://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo

Many users are having issues with VFR. If the file is variable frame rate, use Hand brake to convert to constant frame rate:
https://handbrake.fr/downloads.php
Here is a tutorial:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=34&v=xlvxgVREX-Y

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also:

Can you post screenshots of your timeline and your output settings?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 05, 2021 Jul 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot (2).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot (3).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Change your Source Range to Entire Sequence.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

About to try it right now! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try turning off Maximum Render Quality. You only need that when exporting to a size different than the sequence.

Try exporting someplace other than One Drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm exporting it right now to my sd card that has 128GB, I turned off maximum render quality and I also changed the source range to entire sequence. I will update as soon as it's finished! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 07, 2021 Jul 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It worked! Thank you all for the amazing help!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 20, 2021 Nov 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had this issue as well. The time value of the file is the full length, but the file size also shows me the whole thing wasn't exported. It just cuts off half way.

Will try turning off Maximum Render Quality as suggested below.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Put it into a new sequence, turned off maximum render quality, switched to work area, tried exporting to my C drive rather than extra D drive but still cut out half way through. I'm at the lower end of my remaining space but enough room for the estimated file size so I wouldn't have thought that would be it but maybe has an impact?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm at the lower end of my remaining space but enough room for the estimated file size so I wouldn't have thought that would be it but maybe has an impact?

By @AngeloLunch

The system drive needs room for temp and system files created as well as the drive space for the actual file exported.  So yes, it may have an impact.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines