Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exporting interleaved multichannel audio

Explorer ,
Jun 24, 2024 Jun 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

I have gotten files rejected by the lab my client uses because they're telling me the multichannel (10 ch) audio I export from Premiere is discreet, rather than interleaved as they want it to be.

Can someone please explain to me the procedure for making interleaved multichannel audio exports from Premiere? I don't see any options in the audio export page for that.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

David

TOPICS
Audio

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 25, 2024 Jun 25, 2024

Hi David,

I believe this refers to whether the audio channels are interpreted as a single stream with 10 channels (Mono) or 10 streams, each with their own channel (Discrete).

I think QuickTime is the only format in Premiere that allows you to choose between Mono and Discrete - the others will default to Mono.

You can access this setting in the Export window under the Audio Channel Configuration.

Screenshot 2024-06-25 at 7.16.47 PM.png

You can also view the technical difference in MediaInfo.

Mono
Mono.png

Discrete

Screenshot 2024-06-25 at 7.21.00 PM.png

Hope this helps! If you have a

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 24, 2024 Jun 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems that your lab is asking for something rather uncommon and not a feature in Premiere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 25, 2024 Jun 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi David,

I believe this refers to whether the audio channels are interpreted as a single stream with 10 channels (Mono) or 10 streams, each with their own channel (Discrete).

I think QuickTime is the only format in Premiere that allows you to choose between Mono and Discrete - the others will default to Mono.

You can access this setting in the Export window under the Audio Channel Configuration.

Screenshot 2024-06-25 at 7.16.47 PM.png

You can also view the technical difference in MediaInfo.

Mono
Mono.png

Discrete

Screenshot 2024-06-25 at 7.21.00 PM.png

Hope this helps! If you have any more questions, feel free to ask.

Cheers,
Paul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Paul - I think that was it! Thank you so very much!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Paul, you are a wondrous asset here!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your kind words Neil! I'm glad to be a part of this wonderful community.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines