• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exporting video - where does it go?

Explorer ,
Jun 06, 2015 Jun 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've exported finished videos, but I can't figure out where Premier is putting them on my computer.  It would be nice to be able to control that.  But in the export settings I see no way to do that.  I have to find the exported file by using the spotlight search on my Mac.  Can't I create a folder and put all my exported videos into it?   How do I do that?

TOPICS
Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

LEGEND , Jun 06, 2015 Jun 06, 2015

Clicking on the Link opens a standard save dialogue where you can name the file and save it to any location (folder/drive) of your choice,

Also...Tip : Rename your edit sequence as soon as you create it... to something other that  the clip name (clip number).

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Sep 02, 2021 Sep 02, 2021

This video will show you how to find videos that you might have misplaced, and it shows you how to choose an export location for each video so you'll never lose a video again!

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a well disguised Export Path (A blue text  Link) in the Export Pane ( AME)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what is the "export pane" and where is it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Media Encoder

export.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see that and use it. I change the name of my exported file in 'Output Name" which you circled.  That's how I find the file later using spotlight search on my Mac. That is easier than remembering a number starting with a bunch of zeros which is what the program wants to call it.

But I don't see anything here saying where the file will be saved on my Mac.  I see no folder of exported files and I see no way to create a folder to put these exported files into.   So my question remains, where on my Mac are these exported files and why can't put them all into a folder that I name myself?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Doing an info search on the actual file which I can find using the finder I see that it is here:   /Users/douglascragoe/Documents/Adobe/Premiere Pro/8.0.   I'd like to create a file on my desktop and put all these files into it and then have new exported files go into it right away.  Can I do that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 18, 2024 Jan 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is where I found mine in 2023 using PP 2020. 🙂 Thanks, matey.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Clicking on the Link opens a standard save dialogue where you can name the file and save it to any location (folder/drive) of your choice,

Also...Tip : Rename your edit sequence as soon as you create it... to something other that  the clip name (clip number).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, thanks.  I just realized that when I went to save another project.  I was not looking close enough at that dialogue box.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 18, 2018 Feb 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow.  Why does Adobe make it so hard to figure out what should be the simplest thing to do.

Software engineers just don't get it.

Kinda like from back in the day when they made everything difficult and nothing was user-friendly.

Think: 1990s

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 18, 2018 Feb 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the Answer ShooterNZ.  NewZealand.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 10, 2018 Jun 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The more I use adobe, the more I realize.....the UX design is really lacking sometimes. It's like someone buying a Ferrari but not they can't figure out how to to start the car.

I had the same issue....makes absolutely NO sense to not be able to define the location of the file. None whatsoever.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 30, 2019 Jul 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was just saying this to a friend last night - I feel like I'm in the 90s! There's no reason for that. If Apple hadn't — up a perfectly good version of Final Cut I wouldn't be here.

Mod note: Kindly avoid profanity. We have minors reading here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 18, 2020 Apr 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed. When a new dev team mgr gets hired, their first thought is 'how can I add more features.' 22 iterations down the line and this is what it looks like. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 13, 2022 Nov 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

still cannot find where my video exported to. What is the default? googling and having to watch useless videos is maddening. this should be so basic!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 13, 2022 Nov 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Easy peasy.

Go to that sequence. Go to the Export page. Click on the filename up top, and an Explorer/Finder type window will open, and it will go to where it thinks you want them.

Use it to navigate to where you do want them.

ALWAYS ... you access the save location from clicking on the filename listed at the top of the Export page or dialog.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 16, 2020 May 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What link...?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this what you are looking for?

export location.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have to admit, I have some sympathy for the engineers here.

They put that right at the top ... you set format, preset, add a comment if desired, the next thing is the Output ... and they even highlight the output name.

Does it need a neon flashing sign or something? Somehow so many of us completely ignore the highlighted Output line.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 14, 2020 Jun 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What I am really trying to ask (because I figued the other issue out thanks to you) is when I Cmd-M, I get the media encoder screen which I am hearing has a start button over the listed files.* I am not getting that.

I'm sorry I seem stupider than I am because I have a visual impairment, for which a flashing red neon sign would actually help! But I now know what I'm looking for. ) I can find nothing on the web about this.* I know Premiere is not for the visually impaired, but I persist. Thank you, Jed. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 14, 2020 Jun 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are not getting the Export Settings screen when you type Command + M, make sure you have something that will export - like a sequence, or a clip, or have the timeline active before you execute the short cut. If you don't have something that can be exported selected, and you type Command + M, nothing will happen.

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 13, 2020 Oct 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you could also not have the keyboard shortcut setup for that.    

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2020 Oct 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i think the problem is that it does not look like a typical file path it looks like a tab to rename your file, so makes it harder to spot when you are scanning the settings

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 01, 2020 Sep 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It took my a little while to figure out...but the standard place where it saves is under Documents. There is a folder there labeled "Adobe". Under that go to the folder labeled "PremierPro" and it should be there. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 02, 2020 Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow thanks a bunch.

Be well,

:: J E D

DJjedthefish.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines