• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exporting +

New Here ,
Jul 08, 2018 Jul 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So when creating my video, all the files I used were on external USB HDD #1, whenever I try to export, Adobe crashes, consistently. Is there a way to move all the files over to another HDD, a more stable one (Internal SSD) without having to create the video again? If not, is there perhaps a common resolve to Adobe crashing whenever trying to export? Also going to insert an image so you can see:

RED line at the top just above "Fill" I added an image to the entire length of the video and made is 100% transparent to try and ensure the video isn't bugged with gaps etc, that should ensure it's a "complete" video file?
Capture1.JPG
RED box upon trying to simply drag and drop files to another location.

Capture2.JPG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After you move the files to a new location, you have to relink them.

When you open the project, it should prompt you to do that.

Is the crash problem a new issue?

Has it worked OK in the past?

Have you tried updating or rolling back your graphics driver directly from the video card manufacturer’s sit?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Re-linking the files, that I imagine is quite easy, would you kindly talk me through the process of re-linking one file, so I can get a good understand, upon opening the file I've creating ready for exporting, a big white box appears, how do I simply re-link all the files exactly?

And it used to work fine, started crashing and things a few months ago, only when exporting, I deleted/reinstalled Adobe, and it worked fine, I exported normally, then a month later(now) it crashes again upon exporting. I haven't rolled back the graphics, could that really be the issue? I believe that's a hassle to do and I have a lot of other programs etc relying on the current up-to-date graphics as far as I know, games, OBS-Studio, amongst various other things.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lasher001002  wrote

Re-linking the files, that I imagine is quite easy, would you kindly talk me through the process of re-linking one file, so I can get a good understand, upon opening the file I've creating ready for exporting, a big white box appears, how do I simply re-link all the files exactly?

Have a look here:

premiere+pro+relink+media

I haven't rolled back the graphics, could that really be the issue?

It could be.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for that, I'll look into it and get back to you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any time you have a "used to work, but now it doesn't" problem you need to look at what has changed

A Windows 10 update has been known to cause problems for some people

A newer video card driver the same, since fixing one thing MAY break another (1)

(1) My original Alienware editing computer had an nVidia card and came bundled with Premiere 6 (this is the OLD 6, not CS6) and it would work with exactly ONE version of the nVidia device driver... anything newer and Premiere wouldn't run properly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I moved the entire folder containing all files and things to desktop i.e the primary ssd, and it automatically located the files and added them, nice. Trying to export right now, "Encoding Sequence 01" stuck on 0% for the last 3 minutes or so.. I have Windows 10 and Nvidia drivers so.. sigh. Uhm. As I type this, Adobe crashed.. Damn!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lasher001002  wrote

I have Windows 10 and Nvidia drivers

What driver number?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Edition: Windows 10 Pro
Version: 1709

Nvidia Graphics, upon looking, there are some to download, so going a head and doing that, it's not like I'm saving my PC from anything by not doing it. The driver will be the latest, seemingly 398.36

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines