• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Extreme Stutter Timeline Playback PPCC 2020 while using Metal

Engaged ,
Dec 06, 2019 Dec 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After upgrading to PPCC 2020 whenever I drop my RED 8K or any high Res footage in timeline I get a extreme playback stutter. But the clip plays smooth without any issues in my source monitor, but as soon as I put it in timeline the playback stutters dramatically. This only happens when Metal is selected as my GPU playback engine, When I switch to "software only" the clip plays back smooth in timeline. In PPCC 2019 I didnt have any issues because OpenCL was the main playback engine, but now with PPCC 2020 Mac is recommending using Metal but its not working. Im on an 10 Core iMac Pro Radeon Vega 64 graphics card with 128gig ram 

TOPICS
Hardware or GPU , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Dec 07, 2019 Dec 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Even though I already Knew, but I have triple confirmed that the issue I am having along with so many others is 100% a PPCC2020 problem. I just installed PPCC2019 back on my machine and it works perfectly. So I really hope you guys at Adobe fix this issues asap because I edit for a living and this version is unusable for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines