• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FAQ: How to solve Encoding/Export stuck at 0% with Premiere Pro/Adobe Media Encoder 14.0.1?

Adobe Employee ,
Jan 23, 2020 Jan 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are investigating an issue with Premiere Pro/Adobe Media Encoder (v 14.0.1) where the export gets stuck at 0%. This issue seems to be related to markers. Here are the steps that can be followed to address this issue.

Note: This procedure is only applicable if you are using makers in the sequence.

The easy way:

Select all the markers from the timeline that you are trying to export and delete them (https://helpx.adobe.com/in/premiere-pro/using/markers.html#find_move_and_delete_markers). Once the markers are deleted try to export (you may want to create a backup of the project with the markers before deleting them, just in case if you need those markers later).

If you wish to drill down to the specific issue:

• Open the project file.
  • Navigate to the Markers panel (Windows > Markers).
  • Double-click on the marker thumbnail in the Markers panel to load its properties window or select the marker thumbnail and go to Markers (in the menu bar) > Edit Marker.
  • Check if you see any parameter named marker_guid listed in the Flash Cue Point section.
    (If you don’t find this parameter listed, check the next marker)
    Look for marker_guidLook for marker_guid

• Once you find a marker that has marker_guid listed in the Flash Cue Point section, delete that entry.

To do this enable the option for Flash Cue Point.

Select marker_guid and click the - (minus) button.

Enable Flash Cue Point & delete marker_guidEnable Flash Cue Point & delete marker_guid

• Click OK and try to export.

Hope this helps in solving the issue. Let us know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Sumeet

TOPICS
Export , FAQ

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 23, 2020 Jan 23, 2020

Hi donika,

Yes, we are working on getting it sorted as soon as possible.

Thanks for your patience.

Sumeet

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can reproduce this. I added a marker, enabled Flash Cue Point and clicked OK. I then double click the marker and added "marker_guid" manually and clicked OK. By doing this the export never started.

Once removed, everything worked as expected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for this workaround solution. I do hope Adobe is working on fixing this in a way that does not involve deleting markers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agree. Thanks for the workaround. This helped get my project at least to a point where it will encode. It's so unfortunate that the Adobe team can't figure some of this stuff out before they release updates. Every single time I update AME something happens and I'm out 2+ days just trying to research a solution. Very uncool. But, hey, at least my 6min video is now encoding and should be done in...hmmm.... maybe 2+ hours?! Gah.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 24, 2020 Jan 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

-- Update --

Once I removed the markers in Pr from the main sequence, the render worked. It also didn't take as long to render as it originally said. On another note: When I added markers in the source panel window that didn't seem to have any effect on the rendering snag. It's just when the markers are applied in the main sequence window. At least that's what happened for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi donika,

Yes, we are working on getting it sorted as soon as possible.

Thanks for your patience.

Sumeet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad to hear the cause of this nasty bug has been discovered. Unfortunately I have too many markers logging interviews, so a roll-back to AME 14.0 was my route of choice, but looking forward to a fix on this issue. Cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 27, 2020 Mar 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to download the AME 14, I have the 2020 version. How do I do this? Im dealing with the same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confirm that this "workaround" worked for my team. We've only had this particular issue with a computer running Premiere 14.0.1 - the issue does not occur with version 14.0.0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 25, 2020 Jan 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confirm that.  Encorder non-starts have always been an occasional thing (~10-15% of the time?) over the last ~5 years I've used it.  But immediately after updating to 14.0.1, my marker-containing exports fail to start in Encoder 100% of the time.  And immediately upon reverting to 14.0, Encoder starts just fine.

Removing markers is a terrible work-around for me, compared to simply reverting to perfectly functional 14.0. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2020 Jan 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. Thanks for the workaround. Hope a fix soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Premiere Pro / Media Encoder team have identified the cause of this issue and we are working on a fix to be released as soon as possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 26, 2020 Jan 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there an estimation for when an update to fix the issue will be released?

Thanks Josh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 01, 2020 Mar 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm having the same issue. My exporting process gets stuck at 9% and remaining time increases as much as 6 hours. I currently have version 14.0.3, any estimated time to fix this issue??

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 23, 2021 Jan 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a nightmare. I cant work on the project in an earleir version of Premiere becuase it was saved to this most recent update.

I hope it gets fixed in next couple of days or I miss my deadline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Confirming this worked for me. Whew, glad this workaround was posted. I had just three markers and both Encoder and Export from Premiere (ctrl-M) had otherwise been locked up at 0% without deletion of the markers in the main sequence and dependent sequences from a multicam shoot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 27, 2020 Jan 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WHEW! Thank you so much for this work around. Had a deadline to meet and was able to because of this. Fingers crossed the team can find a fix in the next update. I appreciate the hard work you all put into your products - THANK YOU!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 28, 2020 Jan 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, this workaround got my project moving again.

I assumed these show-stopping bugs would be worked out by now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 28, 2020 Jan 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We figured this out at my company. It occurred when opening to export projects that had been converted from a previous version. The markers that had the marker_guid entry were markers that had had their color changed. Our work around has been to delete the markers for export, but not save the project with them deleted.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 30, 2020 Jan 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes you are right, the funny part is that when you delete the markers, you musn't save the project otherwise it's stuck again on export eventhough you deleted them… Even more strange…

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 30, 2020 Jan 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem on 14.0.1 on a Mac (10.15.3), but when I erased all markers, it's even more stuck on export, before I had a neverending progress, and now I have nothing… Another bug ? Capture d’écran 2020-01-31 à 08.47.59.pngCapture d’écran 2020-01-31 à 08.37.47.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 04, 2020 Feb 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alas, I altered all the markers only to find they had reverted to containing the 'marker_guid' entries upon re-opening them. Have deleted all markers and STILL it will not encode. Is a fix out yet or do I have to re-assemble the entire project?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 04, 2020 Feb 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Until the bug is fixed, my team has found it better to revert your Premiere back to version 14.0.0, this hasn't caused any compatibility issues, and that bug isn't present in this version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 05, 2020 Feb 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trying that now. No dice. Fails in a different fashion though. Oh well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 05, 2020 Feb 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The above fix has worked for me, but only after I removed a lower thirds motion graphics template from the sequence. Looks like that's ANOTHER bug to resolve. Many thanks to all on this thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines