• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FAQ: Issues with screen recorded footage in Premiere Pro

Adobe Employee ,
Jan 22, 2020 Jan 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're a gameplay editor, you've probably noticed by now that your footage makes Premiere behave strangely. This can look a few different ways...

• Slow import processes
  • "Not Responding" hangs and freezes
  • Bad playback or strange interface behavior

This poor performance arises from the fact that screen recorded footage is shot in a variable frame rate, meaning a single clip can be 30 fps as a baseline, but the frame rate will speed up or slow down in order to accommodate the visual onscreen. Here's an example. If you're playing a game, the frame rate may slow down if you're hiding as your health recovers but speed up as you run, jump, and fight your way through the game. As the visuals vary, so does the rate at which frames are displayed.

Premiere Pro favors footage shot on a camera due to the constant frame rate of the footage. This kind of footage is easier for computers to process so that we can cut, adjust, and manipulate the images. However, online content is growing rapidly and we intend on supporting all emerging creators! Our developers are in the process of supporting modern video capture. Members of our video community will have access to the improvements as soon as we know they work!

Here's how to move forward. The guaranteed way for your footage to behave as expected in Premiere is to transcode your footage before importing it. This will repackage your recording as a constant frame rate piece of footage. You can use Adobe Media Encoder to perform this step!

You can also use a third-party service like Handbrake to repackage the file.

If you'd like to help us solve this issue faster, please send me a private message here on our community! We're looking for folks who are willing to share test files with us so we can assure proper performance. To share your screen recording, upload the file to a share service like Google Drive or Dropbox and send me the link! I'll get it into the right hands.

Happy to answer any follow-up questions as well!

- Caroline

TOPICS
FAQ , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 07, 2021 Dec 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much Averdahl.

You made my day. I've been struggling so long with this issue and never found a solution, so your tips are golden!

Namaste, John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 16, 2022 May 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't believe i am still having this problem here in 2022. premiere pro seriously needs to fix this decades old problem or they will loose many customers. i did the transcoding and it still is way out of sync. the audio is too far ahead of the video.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines